Do you guys realise Dexter logs on and reads the board?

Guest Sleeping Like An Angel

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Sleeping Like An Angel

Some of you guys are idiots!

My point was that Dexter has LOGGED on and I'm pretty sure he hasn't taken the time to log on since the chats or madison rant.

This coupled with the MSL saga has me all excited :xmasssanta:

Edited by Sleeping Like An Angel

Re-launching the album two years later is, indeed, a rather stupid idea. (If it's even true. But I'm just sayin'.)

its actually smart. Releasing it with a remixed album, music video etc.

Who cares if its 2 years late, the general public are still quiet unaware that theres a 'new' gnr album out there. I hope GnR re release it packed with a remix album plus some silkworms etc with the proper promotion it could really kick start gnr and create even more awareness for them around the world in the year 2011.

Re-launching the album two years later is, indeed, a rather stupid idea. (If it's even true. But I'm just sayin'.)

Who cares if its 2 years late, the general public are still quiet unaware that theres a 'new' gnr album out there. I hope GnR re release it packed with a remix album plus some silkworms etc with the proper promotion it could really kick start gnr and create even more awareness for them around the world in the year 2011.

You're thinking too much from a fandom standpoint and not from a commercial standpoint.

1. The press slammed it then, they'll sure as hell slam the same album now. Even if it were just because they didn't come up with anything new in the past 2 years.

2. The general public isn't "quietly unaware". Everybody who is even the slightest bit into music has either read the (poor) reviews, seen it in record stores or heard about it from a friend. It has been, after all, 2 freakin' years.

3. People who want it already have it. The average person who likes music but isn't extremely into gnr either bought it or doesn't care for it. No advertising will change that. Let alone some remixes of stuff they didn't want in the first place.

It's already insane to take 14 years for an album. Especially in the eyes of non-gnr-fans (except maybe for Brian Wilson fans). Imagine who insane (and lame) people will think it is to relaunch an album that took 14 years to make 2 years after it's release. It's just beyond me..

Sorry but you aren't right on some of those points. While it did get slammed by some critics, most reviews were average to good. Most people i know don't know the Guns put out an album in 2008.

Don't forget Moby's album Play only sold 5000 copies in its first week and got below average initial reviews. 18 months later the thing turned into a giant. That example is a bit different to a re-release, but the same theory applies. Package the re-release with enough new material(different covers, correct booklet, 4-5 new songs, maybe a remix disk) and do proper promotion(live DVD, interviews, song by song descriptions, real music videos) and this thing could turn out well. They can still milk this thing, as last time around there was none of the above.

You're thinking too much from a fandom standpoint and not from a commercial standpoint.

1. The press slammed it then, they'll sure as hell slam the same album now. Even if it were just because they didn't come up with anything new in the past 2 years.

2. The general public isn't "quietly unaware". Everybody who is even the slightest bit into music has either read the (poor) reviews, seen it in record stores or heard about it from a friend. It has been, after all, 2 freakin' years.

3. People who want it already have it. The average person who likes music but isn't extremely into gnr either bought it or doesn't care for it. No advertising will change that. Let alone some remixes of stuff they didn't want in the first place.

It's already insane to take 14 years for an album. Especially in the eyes of non-gnr-fans (except maybe for Brian Wilson fans). Imagine who insane (and lame) people will think it is to relaunch an album that took 14 years to make 2 years after it's release. It's just beyond me..

Sorry but you aren't right on some of those points. While it did get slammed by some critics, most reviews were average to good. Most people i know don't know the Guns put out an album in 2008.

Don't forget Moby's album Play only sold 5000 copies in its first week and got below average initial reviews. 18 months later the thing turned into a giant. That example is a bit different to a re-release, but the same theory applies. Package the re-release with enough new material(different covers, correct booklet, 4-5 new songs, maybe a remix disk) and do proper promotion(live DVD, interviews, song by song descriptions, real music videos) and this thing could turn out well. They can still milk this thing, as last time around there was none of the above.

Thank you! Us Australians see the logic.

The general public NEED a face to the music, and something to perhaps dance to, so a Music Video and a remix disc packed with the album would just propel sales gigantically. Maybe a proshot dvd as well? and you will have people lining up around the block to buy it.

GnR need awareness and commercial branding, make Axl, dj , bumblefoot the 'bad asses in the commercial music world'. Create that and watch the cash cow get milked.

• 11 months later...

i wish i could understand why everytime MSL posts ppl start asking him to give some info about guns... do u people feel more confortable if a random dude on the internet says something big is gonna happen ? ...its like if i say that a big terrorist act is going to happen in europe this year then if it happens suddenly im a big hero with psychic powers ?? come on guys...

msl is just a guy with a lot of time on his hands and who created a rep. for himself among the guns n roses geeks by posting random stuff or conclusions he had by putting the pieces together...some of them really happen ? big fuckin deal... if i tell u 100 possible things that gnr will do this year , its probably that some of them will happen !

by the way, DEXTER is going to post on my gnr in february :)