For those who think that DJ has no chops...

The Glow Inc.

Guest Satanisk_Slakt

First, you're the guy who would rather put Izzy on lead than Bumblefoot.

I second that. Nothing against BBF, but Izzy and Slash are the only true GN'R guitarists.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, it doesn't make him a better guitar player. I was just listing his positive qualities which benefits the band.

which has 0 to do with the subject matter of the thread.

Does DJ have chops? yeah, pretty much the same as everyone who's been playing rock guitar longer than 3 years. :shrugs:

Does Robin have chops? yeah, although they're not necessarily your average rock guitar chops, he's made up his own language it seems...

Edited by moreblack

No, it doesn't make him a better guitar player. I was just listing his positive qualities which benefits the band.

which has 0 to do with the subject matter of the thread.

Does DJ have chops? yeah, pretty much the same as everyone who's been playing rock guitar longer than 3 years. :shrugs:

Does Robin have chops? yeah, although they're not necessarily your average rock guitar chops, he's made up his own language it seems...

This.

I don't hate DJ per se. I don't think he's untalented or whatever. I just like Robin better. From the first time I saw Robin live with GN'R I was hooked and was very sad when he left. Slash coming back wouldn't have mattered to me. I'd rather have Robin back than anyone else. But that's not going to happen and I can live with it. I just don't like DJ as much as I liked Robin.

DJ playing NR

Robin playing NR

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OvNtF2AJL6c

Just sayin...

But yes, Robin had awesome material on CD and is way more original. But as far as performing...MEH.

Honestly, I think Robin was just putting his own spin on the solo. I actually enjoyed the way he played it.

But I would have to say that I prefer DJ. He knows how to put on a show. He has great energy and a great connection with the fans. I felt a strong connection with all three guitarists when I went the the Hamilton concert last year.

And I can't go without saying that this is the tightest I've heard the band as a whole in a long time. Just listen to that Novemeber Rain video. It's extraordinary. Especially from the outro to the end. It gave me chills. I really hope this line-up doesn't change at all.

Fucking Fortus, DJ, and Bumble... They've perfected the song... Its better than the original bands, especially Bumble and DJs parts. We need proshot footage of this tour NOW.

Shhhhh quiet now...take the needle out of your arm and go sober up...

DJ Ashba is the best thing to happen to this band since Buckethead.

And with that being said, he has a way better connection with a live crowd than anyone else in the band since 2000, with the exception of Axl.

Agreed!

Couldn't agree more...I think's he great live!