MYGNRFORUM *not* closing

eRomano

Well since everyone else is making topics and stuff I figure I will pop one up as well.

It's been fun while it lasted. I've dedicated a lot of time to GN'R but this is the only forum I've ever come back to. I mean if you look over at NEWGNR.com it's dead and has been for sometime now as well as CHINESEDEMOCRACY.com ever since the split up especially. You could always come here and have some form of discussion whether the information was true or obvious BS. It's safe to say GN'R has hit rock bottom with their career as well as with their fans. Sad but true.

Like a lot of people I probably won't be following the band anymore as HTGTH... well that speaks for itself.

GN'R went from a band that was fun to follow and enjoy, to this monster that's seems more of a burden than a hobby. The strange thing is people continued to stick around and the fans kept the band alive. To me that is absurd it could work but it did due to GN'R fans being the most hardcore and dedicated than any other band I could think of.

All in all, it seems like a good enough time to lay this forum and band to rest. Now we can all move on with life and Axl can finally get his wish to hide away in his sorrows.

Goodbye and good luck to you all.

• Replies 779
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sad day indeed.

I've been a heavy lurker on this site since it began in '01 and truly appreciate all you guys have done to run the site.

When we had to close gnrforum dot com, we only had a fraction of the amount of members this site has.

MyGnrForum has been by far the best forum in every way for us fans.

Hopefully some day things pick up again and this community of fans can have fun again.

All the best.

e

www.newgnr.com/forum

Always been my main GN'R forum, along with this place. So come join me and others there!

Sucks to hear this place is closing though, despite the regular bitchiness and fighting, it was a pretty decent site. It shall be missed. Least it never descended into HTGTH territory.

Perhaps the lyrics to Prsotitute are the best ones to go out on:

"Seems like forever and a day

If my intentions are misunderstood

Please be kind

I've done all I should

I won't ask of you

What I would not do

Oh, I saw the damage in you

My fortunate one

The envy of youth

Why would they

Tell me to please those

That laugh in my face

When all of the reasons

They've taught us

Fall over themselves

To give away

It's not a question

Whether my heart is true

Streamlined

I had to pull through

Look for a new

Beginning on you

Oh I got a message for you

Up and away

It's what I gotta do

Forgive what you have

For what you might lose

What would you say

If I told you that I'm to blame

And what would you do

If I had to deny your name

Where would you go if I told you

I love you

And then walked away

N' who should I turn to

If not for the ones

That you could not save

I told you when I found you

If there were doubts you

Should be careful and unafraid

Now

They surround you

And all that amounts to

Is love that you fed by

Perversion and pain

So if my affections

Are misunderstood

And you decide

I'm up

To no good

Don't ask me to

Enjoy them

Just for you

Ask yourself

Why I would choose

To prostitute myself

To live with fortune and shame

Oh yeah

When you should

Have turned to the hearts

Of the ones

That you would not save

I told you

When I found you

All that amounts to

Is love that you fed by

Perversion and pain"

*Cue epic outro music*

Farewell guys!

Oh my God, this is very sad... I even got all weepy reading Eric's letter..:(

I joined this forum 5 years ago and i really had an amazing time over here, and made great friends while sharing my love for GNR.

Now im getting all nostalgic remembering the good old days of this forum..

Just got home and heard about this. For what it's worth, the mods and posters here have my gratitude. That includes the folks that gave me shit, lol. Thank you to the mods for taking care of this place, and to everyone for all the care and interest and passion you've shown. No community online or offline agrees and gets along perfectly, that's nature - but overall, y'all have been fkn great :) I appreciate a whole lotta ya's a whole lot. Ron

Means a lot.

The slow death of Guns N' Roses. Great times. I love that forum and the members. I became addicted to it. There were times there was nothing going on with Guns N' Roses but I would come here every single day. Have more than 4000 posts here. Made some good friends, real friends. Had a great time, laughed a lot with you guys.

It's a shame that the Guns N' Roses death has to start with one of the best parts of it.

www.newgnr.com/forum

Always been my main GN'R forum, along with this place. So come join me and others there!

Sucks to hear this place is closing though, despite the regular bitchiness and fighting, it was a pretty decent site. It shall be missed. Least it never descended into HTGTH territory.

Perhaps the lyrics to Prsotitute are the best ones to go out on:

"Seems like forever and a day

If my intentions are misunderstood

Please be kind

I've done all I should

I won't ask of you

What I would not do

Oh, I saw the damage in you

My fortunate one

The envy of youth

Why would they

Tell me to please those

That laugh in my face

When all of the reasons

They've taught us

Fall over themselves

To give away

It's not a question

Whether my heart is true

Streamlined

I had to pull through

Look for a new

Beginning on you

Oh I got a message for you

Up and away

It's what I gotta do

Forgive what you have

For what you might lose

What would you say

If I told you that I'm to blame

And what would you do

If I had to deny your name

Where would you go if I told you

I love you

And then walked away

N' who should I turn to

If not for the ones

That you could not save

I told you when I found you

If there were doubts you

Should be careful and unafraid

Now

They surround you

And all that amounts to

Is love that you fed by

Perversion and pain

So if my affections

Are misunderstood

And you decide

I'm up

To no good

Don't ask me to

Enjoy them

Just for you

Ask yourself

Why I would choose

To prostitute myself

To live with fortune and shame

Oh yeah

When you should

Have turned to the hearts

Of the ones

That you would not save

I told you

When I found you

All that amounts to

Is love that you fed by

Perversion and pain"

*Cue epic outro music*

Farewell guys!

They banned me for supporting the current lineup. Has things changed over there? If so try to get me back in....I dont really want to hang out at HTGTH.

You were banned over there? Ah, guess that explains your absence, lol.

Meh, it's good over there..the members section is always entertaining.

I guess you just have to recognise a difference between supporting the new lineup and trashing the old. No offence but the whole lol $la$h thing gets kinda irritating at times.

The slow death of Guns N' Roses. Great times. I love that forum and the members. I became addicted to it. There were times there was nothing going on with Guns N' Roses but I would come here every single day. Have more than 4000 posts here. Made some good friends, real friends. Had a great time, laughed a lot with you guys.

It's a shame that the Guns N' Roses death has to start with one of the best parts of it.

Manets, where do you gonna post now? You're the best source of informations for Rio, I'll follow you everywhere!

Wow.

Like a lot of people, I don't post very much but check in her a ton for news and rumors. I understand the nature of expenses to keep things running, but it's truly a shame that the band has wanted the place shut down. If that's the case (and I don't believe Eric has ANY reason to lie about it) then I have lost a ton of respect for Axl and band management. They not only refuse to communicate and/or set up an official board, they want to shut down a place that keeps interest in the band going?!?!? Talk about shooting yourself in the foot--

I posted a couple of weeks ago about drifting into "I don't give a damn" territory and I think this just pushed me over the line.

I wonder if there's any chance of Eric doing a "tell all" kind of thing. I would be really interested to hear about his dealings over the years with management and band members. Especially the MSL stuff and leaks. Fingers crossed----

My last post here it would seem.

Good luck to everyone. MyGnR has always had a lot of activity. LOL. But it was a wild, rock n' roll atmosphere. Lovers, haters, shit stirrers. When it became too much, I walked away and found a more controlled forum to talk. When I wanted to brawl, I checked in here.

The Dexter chats were just a magical time. The HOB show with updates. All great memories.

Hopefully more to come.

I don't think Jarmos is the place to go for the same fist to cuffs, but maybe the base here can hog pile him one weekend. Just for fun.

I'll see ya when I see ya.

My last post here it would seem.

Good luck to everyone. MyGnR has always had a lot of activity. LOL. But it was a wild, rock n' roll atmosphere. Lovers, haters, shit stirrers. When it became too much, I walked away and found a more controlled forum to talk. When I wanted to brawl, I checked in here.

The Dexter chats were just a magical time. The HOB show with updates. All great memories.

Hopefully more to come.

I don't think Jarmos is the place to go for the same fist to cuffs, but maybe the base here can hog pile him one weekend. Just for fun.

I'll see ya when I see ya.

i will hunt you down and make u suck my cock, you mad?

Wow, end of an era! There's a few people I wouldn't know without this forum, so it's kinda sad to see it go. Also, I guess I'll never know why my original account still remains banned :P Oh well.

And yes, University of Glasgow's network is also still banned from the forum to this day :lol:

It will be sad to see this place go. I can't actually believe how long I've been on here. Pretty much since I've been in high school, when I first listened to Civil War and had to come on to discuss it with someone.

I've met a lot of nice people on here and there were definitely some memorable moments (I will never forget looking at those screenshots of the Best Buy inventory webpage, trying to confirm if it was actually Chinese Democracy listed haha).

Thanks to the mods and all the members here for making it a memorable experience. I hope the band will actually start doing things from 2011 and onward, so that we can really see an evolution for them. Thanks everyone, and take care.

Zep

Sorry to hear this place is shutting down! Very surprised!

I thought I had been coming here since the late 90's, but seeing Eric's post I guess it's "only" been since 2001...? =)

Anyway, not been much of a posters here the last couple of years, but I stopped by every other day to see what's up with GNR.

Thank's a lot to Eric and all present and past moderators. You guys have done a great job that I'm not sure I would have bothered to take the time to do have I been given the opportunity.

Big respect from Norway! :thumbsup:

(What's up with that shit about letters from lawyers n' shit...?)

Cheers!!!