FACT: Chinese Democracy is a success

MANETS.FOREVER

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest siliconmessiah

It's obvious somebody somewhere bought it, but other than this forum I've yet to run into them...

Try attending a GnR concert...

been there, they were really quiet for the new stuff., aaaalmost as if they didn't know it... :o

If the album had been released in the right way.

If the Better video had been released and not only was bullshit.

If the monumental promotion had happened and not only was bullshit.

If there had been news of the band starting with a follow up and not only was bullshit.

If Axl had come forward for interviews regarding the album.

If the album had been accompanied with a live-dvd.

If Axl could keep an official page running along with a functional band line up, things would certainly be better.

Then maybe there had been more of a success.

But in the dysfunctional world of GNR, the things above is just to rational and good to happen. And I am serious about that.

Edited by siliconmessiah

it's funny how a band can cause such a stir by not doing things exactly by the book by kissing up to the industry or the fans. nobody knows what's going to happen. I'm fascinated by it and know I shouldn't. it's like just one reaction you could have.

less then a million sold in the US...

none of the members in gn'r have Bieber or GaGa as their last name so it's obvious they wouldn't sell 8+million copies

more like none of its members were named slash, izzy, or duff. The only reason the album sold as well as it did was because of the huge GNR name made famous by the past lineup. Had this album sold under Axls name or under a new band name, it would've been a massive failure. Some would argue it still is.

That old bullshit excuse. So the average fan who didn't buy the record (because it is a total failure) still thinks that the old band is still together. That makes no sense. face it people CD sold some records. Not like old guns but right in line with most rock acts that are selling music these days. hate away.

it's funny how a band can cause such a stir by not doing things exactly by the book by kissing up to the industry or the fans. nobody knows what's going to happen. I'm fascinated by it and know I shouldn't. it's like just one reaction you could have.

that seems to be more interesting than the music these days...

Ppl that might've ignored CD, or don't care if a show goes well, will for sure turn around to look when shit trainwrecks.

nobody hates the old guys quite the opposite but some can appreciate what the news guys have done and see it for what it is. it's not that big a deal.

I like CD the rest of it can get surreal but in a good way. good times.

Guest siliconmessiah

Not sure why you spreading bullshit?

I'm sorry, were you at Winnipeg show(s)?

Volcano is accusing everyone of spreading bullshit if you happen to have a critical opinon of his Jesus Axl or the new band.

Edited by siliconmessiah

Ottawa 2010 everyone sang along to the new songs (after CD release)

that sound like everyone singing along to you?

BTW I didn't see anyone with a Slash shirt on to begin with... but for the time of year, everyone had multiple layers on walking in, so even IF it were an issue, there's no way security would know :shrugs:

Edited by moreblack

CD has a rather unique sales factor, imo.

In the US, (roughly) 630,000 units were sold.

How many here bought more than one copy?

Does the figure of units sold equal the number of people who bought a copy?

Or is the 630,000 US divided by 2 to 4 copies per person, bringing it down to 315,000 people or even 157,400 people? I saw that one guy bought 50 copies.

How about worldwide sales? Did 5 million people buy a copy or did 2.5 million buy two copies? or 1.6 million bought three?

I don't believe this is comparable to other artists and the numbers of their sales. Did Bon Jovi fans buy 2 and 3 copies of the latest album? Lady Gaga's fans?

Just throwing that out here.

Guest siliconmessiah

Or is the 630,000 US divided by 2 to 4 copies per person, bringing it down to 315,000 people or even 157,400 people? I saw that one guy bought 50 copies.

How about worldwide sales? Did 5 million people buy a copy or did 2.5 million buy two copies? or 1.6 million bought three?

Now, CD is a fantastic piece of art. But this is just fucking insane.

What´s wrong with buying one or two copies?

I've used this as an argument many times, and I decided to develop it.

The Chinese Democracy total cost is $14,000,000, for all the produced songs throw the years. There's not an exact number of how many songs are there, but I believe the biggest report we had from a band member is 36. Notice that the less songs, bigger the profit, and I'm taking the biggest reported number.

$14,000,000 for 36 songs leads us to an average of $388,888.888 for song, let's make it $389,000.

OK then, we have 36 songs with a price of $389,000 each.

On 2008 Best Buy paied $14,000,000 to have access to 14 songs (Which had previously leaked, so notice that Axl sold to Best Buy for an absurd price something we've had for years for free).

Best Buy paied $1,000,000 for each of the 14 songs they bought, but it's production cost was "only" $389,000 each.

14x389,000 = 5,446,000.

There you are, that's the price of the UMG album launched in 2008, $5,446,000, and not 14 million as reported by the stupid media.

If Best Buy paied $14,000,000 for the $5,446,000 album, that gives Guns N' Roses an instant profit of $8,554,000. INSTANT PROFIT.

And not only, all the 22 remaining songs are already paied, so any future sequence is already paied, with a guarante of profit, since all the costs are paied.

Best Buy paied Chinese Democracy I, II and III to have Chinese Democracy I.

So yeah, $8,554,000 of instant profit, so even if Chinese Democracy had sold 0 copies it would be considered a commercial sucess, since the profit was bigger than the cost. But guess what... it sold more than 5 million copies!

And with 50+ concerts on 2009-2011 with the cost of $1,300,000 each (producer TOLD ME by the phone when I managed to call them saying I was a journalist from São Paulo Daily making an article about the GNR South American tour lol), leads us to a big, big amount of money earned by Mr. Rose on the last 3 years.

The numbers don't lie. Saying NuGNR or even Chinese Democracy is a faliure is stupid, and not correct. This is a fact, you can't argue with it.

But hey what can I do? Haters gonna hate.

Best Buy is just what was worked out in the US. They also anticipated a US tour where they would make money off of priority tickets. What GNR made worldwide is unknown.

A lot of artists put out music that don't sell but when they play live, make big money. McCartney still records new music, but he's not dependent on that money to make a living. Prince distributed his last CD through a newspaper, and didn't even sell it in the US.

Some artists are going "why bother recording new music".

GNR doesn't even need to tour as long as there's festivals and private gigs with a blank check. Some bands just play festivals and the bills are paid for the year.

You also forgot to include when GNR licenses songs into movies... Gullivers Travels just came out on DVD and had a GNR song. Not sure if Jack Black got the Mickey Rourke deal on that though.

I'm not sure how much Michael Jackson spent on "Invincible", but he prob. spent way more than Axl did on ChiDem. Axl never did an in-store, Jackson did, plus the CBS special at Madison Square Garden. But Jackson stopped touring in the mid 90s, and Axl's been touring for most of the 2000s, give or take a year or two.

“Success is not measured by what you accomplish, but by the opposition you have encountered, and the courage with which you have maintained the struggle against overwhelming odds.”

Orison Swett Marden

Its a success, but your stats prove nothing, and it might be because I hate numbers, or the fact that I have heard of numerous people having post mortem success !! Its all relative.. ! Let it go my friend..

Guest siliconmessiah

“Success is not measured by what you accomplish, but by the opposition you have encountered, and the courage with which you have maintained the struggle against overwhelming odds.”

Orison Swett Marden

Its a success, but your stats prove nothing, and it might be because I hate numbers, or the fact that I have heard of numerous people having post mortem success !! Its all relative.. ! Let it go my friend..

Numbers, or so called "cd-sales" and places on charts means absolutely nothing in 2011.

The record-company that pays the most gets the best place on the chart. Numbers are fiddled with in millions...

Edited by siliconmessiah

Now, CD is a fantastic piece of art. But this is just fucking insane.

What´s wrong with buying one or two copies?

Nothing is wrong with buying more than one copy, but I'm saying that GNR had this more than a lot of other artists to account for their 'sales'.

Over-replying to a thread on statistics is the first sign of fansanity.. !

Its been taken too far.. Bitch fighting over words and sentences that somehow incline one more than the other is nothing more than senseless opinionating on a topic that is subjective to both artist and listener.. ! One thing they both have in common is that their (respective) opinions does'nt matter jack shit !

Let it rest...

but you're counting songs that aren't either done, or released yet, what if he decides to re-record them?

You're counting chickens that haven't hatched yet.

Exactly! If GN'R decides to release an album with the remaining songs, the album has a guarantee of profit, even it sells only half copy, because all the costs to it are paied.

Axl is genius B)

but you're counting songs that aren't either done, or released yet, what if he decides to re-record them?

You're counting chickens that haven't hatched yet.

Exactly! If GN'R decides to release an album with the remaining songs, the album has a guarantee of profit, even it sells only half copy, because all the costs to it are paied.

Axl is genius B)

have you factored in the costs of pressing/printing/shipping all them things?