FACT: Chinese Democracy is a success

MANETS.FOREVER

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest siliconmessiah

The Spaghetti Incident wasn´t a commercial success at all.

True. i remember buying the album and hating the fact it was all covers. However It grew on me over time. Some real gems on there.

Some gems for you maybe, but not for millions of people or the radio.

But AFD and the UYI-albums lived up to this. I would like to place CD here too, but one of the reasons it didn´t rise up was because the shitty promotion, no music videos and so on.

Most people thought CD was painful to listen too... It was a massive failure.. Everyone knew it was coming out.... Don't blame promotion..

Define "most people"? As though you speak for a majority of the population because you don't like the album.

HowlinWolf is talking about "most : poor, deaf, without life, resentful People" ... as him ... this is the definition :shrugs:

The return on investment on an album either happens when it becomes a smash success financially, or an influence as the years go by.

Just the fact that Axl chose to not destroy the tapes or wipe the hard drives he keeps his music on says a lot. That's what frustrated artists do when they're not happy with their work.

There was a lot of promotion and attention around Chinese Democracy. But people were watching the fall of Rome going on when it came out. Who's going to buy music when they might be out of a job? If they can hear it online as much as they want for free, they might have just decided to pass on buying it in the store.

There was a lot of promotion and attention around Chinese Democracy. But people were watching the fall of Rome going on when it came out. Who's going to buy music when they might be out of a job? If they can hear it online as much as they want for free, they might have just decided to pass on buying it in the store.

That's awesome. The new reason CD wasn't a success is the economy :rofl-lol:

Guest siliconmessiah

I still find it funny that people care what others think of the album. Did u listen to it? Did u like it? That's allthat really matters

This is a discussion forum. This is what we do.

I am glad that the album finally saw the light of day. It´s fantastic, although somewhat overproduced and straggling due to the lineup-changes and shit.

But I don´t care about the current lineup.

Edited by siliconmessiah

I still find it funny that people care what others think of the album. Did u listen to it? Did u like it? That's allthat really matters

I had to take a long drive to a meeting today. I decided to listen to CD on the drive. Not my favourite songs mixed with other songs on my iPod. But the whole album. It was awesome. I turned it up and drove fast. This is such a great album. I was in a car with a good stereo and was hearing little sounds I hadn't noticed on my iPod. I listened to Better three times in a row because it was just so good.

I love it.

The Spaghetti Incident wasn´t a commercial success at all.

True. i remember buying the album and hating the fact it was all covers. However It grew on me over time. Some real gems on there.

Some gems for you maybe, but not for millions of people or the radio.

But AFD and the UYI-albums lived up to this. I would like to place CD here too, but one of the reasons it didn´t rise up was because the shitty promotion, no music videos and so on.

Actually, Robert Christgau the most respected music critic in the business gave it an A- and was number 4 on the billboard 200. Hardly a shit album by any stretch.

I had to take a long drive to a meeting today. I decided to listen to CD on the drive. Not my favourite songs mixed with other songs on my iPod. But the whole album. It was awesome. I turned it up and drove fast. This is such a great album. I was in a car with a good stereo and was hearing little sounds I hadn't noticed on my iPod. I listened to Better three times in a row because it was just so good.

I love it.

cool post! :thumbsup:

I disagree with a lot of what you post..........but I agree 100% with this post. You hit the nail on the HEAD.

I've never understood why it is SO IMPORTANT for people to argue on here about the old band vs the new band. The die hard fans of the old band get furious if somebody makes a positive statement about the new band. If somebody likes the new band better, then the old die-hard fans almost have a heart attack and go on a verbal assault rampage, saying the poster is an idiot, has Axl's c*ck in their mouth, is a blind sheep who knows nothing about music. I won't even mention how idiotic it is for people to make daily posts on a message board about a band they don't like. Blows my mind. I don't like Nickleback, but I don't make 30 posts a day on the nickleback.com forum.

At the end of the day, it is music. And music - like all art - is all about personal taste. It shouldn't matter to you ONE BIT if some guy you don't know, who lives 5000 miles away from you, likes the new Guns n Roses or not. Or if they like CD better than the Illusions. Who cares. What should be important is what YOU LIKE.

I think Yesterdays and Civil War are better songs and should have been bigger hits than You Could Be Mine.

I think Nightrain is the best pure rock song that GnR has ever put out. Better than Paradise City. I rarely listen to Paradise City.

I think Chinese Democracy is just as good as either Illusions.

I'd love to have the old band back together - ONLY if they wanted to do it.

I think Finck was terrible live - but Better is an awesome song.

And I hope that the next GnR album is awesome. I hope Slash's next album is awesome. I hope Duff's next album is awesome. I hope Izzy puts out an album and it is awesome. I hope Adler finds some success. I hope VR gets a singer I like and their album is awesome.

NONE of those comments should make you mad or make you want to insult me or make rude comments about it. Maybe have a friendly debate. But why should my opinion on a band or a song mean anything to you, other than to have a friendly discussion about? Don't like a song/band/Axl......but can't have a discussion about it without resorting to personal attacks and name calling on the people that disagree with you - then you have a problem, not them.

If you get irate and angry about another person's likes/dislikes on a song or band.....then that person doesn't have an issue, you do. If you go to a forum of a band or singer that you don't like....then you have the problem, not the people posting there that like the band.

Bottom line people - it is just music. Celebrate it. Put your time and effort and energy into the bands you enjoy listening to. Life is too short to always focus on the negative.

Most people thought CD was painful to listen too... It was a massive failure.. Everyone knew it was coming out.... Don't blame promotion..

Define "most people"? As though you speak for a majority of the population because you don't like the album.

HowlinWolf is talking about "most : poor, deaf, without life, resentful People" ... as him ... this is the definition :shrugs:

I haven't met one person outside there boards that liked the music lol...

I am "poor, deaf, without life, resentful" because I don't like CD?? hahaha.. here is a personal attack right back at you. Go fuck yourself you fucking cunts...

amen. this is why i never (rarely) post here.

you are a wise one. really.

guess that sometime in the future I'll get there as to just read others,

even though I did for 2 years before I decided to post,

and I did it because the naysayers were to many and seemed to be having a ball around here B)

I haven't met one person outside there boards that liked the music lol...

have gone out much?

I leave in a European country called Romania and I've meet a lot of people, which are not relatives or friends,

who dig Chinese Democracy, bought the album and listen to it on their car or stereos back home.

there were over 20.000 people attending the show in Bucureşti last year, and whom - the majority(for good measure) liked the new songs and cheered for them!

there were more than 1 mil. people whom attended the shows of the last world tour who behaved largely the same way as the ones from my country.

so than again, do you really go out that much?