rock in roll hall of fame

axltheman2003

As far as information and specific dates, I have not a damn clue. I don't pay much attention to anything that involves the Rock N' Roll HOF because they are a fucking joke. To help you out a little more with the whole date thing I read somewhere that they are eligible next year and Slash says he will be there if they get in.

I highly doubt GN'R will get in. KISS, Deep Purple, Iron Maiden, just to name a few who aren't in.

The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Nominating Committee will hold their annual meeting on Monday, Sept 12th to discuss this year's nominees

I read this on twitter

btw im pretty sure you dont have to worry about GNR not getting in, one because they are GNR, but two because back in March of this year they said GNR are a lock and the only act as of that point eligible for getting in this year.

I'll start caring about who gets inducted once KISS, Judas Priest, Yes, King Crimson and Iron Maiden gets inducted. You can get your ass GN'R will get inducted. Soon they will run out of bands to induct unless they want to induct Katy Perry or Lady fucking Gaga. Ozzy needs a spot for himself and I wish Randy Rhoads would be honored too but that probably won't happen.

When GN'R gets inducted, Axl won't be there because Slash sure as hell will be there. It is the most likely will ever see a performance with the old line up though. Don't they induct every band member that released material? I am pretty sure that new bass player from Metallica got inducted because it was after Death Magnetic was released...what's his name? Robert?

Edited by BirdCatcher

ive been looking all over the place for info when the voting starts and ends, and when that show will be? im hoping gnr gets im and performs but cant find any info

You know that awkward feeling you get as a kid when you see your two divorced parents talking to each other after years of separation, hoping that one doesn't say something that makes the other angry?

Thats how I'll feel if Axl and Slash perform together again. It ain't gonna happen.

Guest gunns5

You have more chance of seeing buckethead turn up and start doing nunchucks and the robot then Axl ever turning up.

Steven is already camped out at the place waiting.

As far as information and specific dates, I have not a damn clue. I don't pay much attention to anything that involves the Rock N' Roll HOF because they are a fucking joke. To help you out a little more with the whole date thing I read somewhere that they are eligible next year and Slash says he will be there if they get in.

I highly doubt GN'R will get in. KISS, Deep Purple, Iron Maiden, just to name a few who aren't in.

Kiss said they didn't want to be in tho IIRC

Kiss said they didn't want to be in tho IIRC

I think if they were inducted as soon as they were elegible, they would probably accept, but after being ridiculously disrespected by being ignored, it would be lack of selfrespect to accept the award.

Volcano....you do realise the old band exists as a legal entity somewhat don't you? Its members to this day are Axl, Slash and Duff. The new band was formed after Axl left GN'R, and he created his band called Guns N' Roses of which Slash and Duff were employees not partners. Ergo, Slash and Duff are still allowed their say just as they joined with Axl to prevent release of the GH ALBUM and how they joined with him to deny Glee licence to use Guns songs in that abomination of a show.

Partially agree with this,and Props to all for blocking Glee usage.But, Axl didn't leave GNR everyone else did.

Volcano....you do realise the old band exists as a legal entity somewhat don't you? Its members to this day are Axl, Slash and Duff. The new band was formed after Axl left GN'R, and he created his band called Guns N' Roses of which Slash and Duff were employees not partners. Ergo, Slash and Duff are still allowed their say just as they joined with Axl to prevent release of the GH ALBUM and how they joined with him to deny Glee licence to use Guns songs in that abomination of a show.

I get what your saying and agree they have some say on the older material for certain situations. But they will not be dictating and/or organizing a GNR ceremony for the HOF.

Well if Axl doesn't want to...

Partially agree with this,and Props to all for blocking Glee usage.But, Axl didn't leave GNR everyone else did.

I have a memory of a fax or something by Axl that said something to the effect of "I am leaving and taking the guns n roses name with me, which I will start a new band under that name".

Or something.

Anyone got a link or any ideas of what I'm talking about?

I remember a fax/email referencing the breakup and using the term "due to the lack of jump in and find the monkey attitude- etc". The legal papers had already been signed giving Axl the band name long before slash & Duff quit.

I'll start caring about who gets inducted once KISS, Judas Priest, Yes, King Crimson and Iron Maiden gets inducted. You can get your ass GN'R will get inducted. Soon they will run out of bands to induct unless they want to induct Katy Perry or Lady fucking Gaga. Ozzy needs a spot for himself and I wish Randy Rhoads would be honored too but that probably won't happen.

When GN'R gets inducted, Axl won't be there because Slash sure as hell will be there. It is the most likely will ever see a performance with the old line up though. Don't they induct every band member that released material? I am pretty sure that new bass player from Metallica got inducted because it was after Death Magnetic was released...what's his name? Robert?

And until Rush is inducted RRHOF has little credibility with me.

And until Rush is inducted RRHOF has little credibility with me.

Amen to that! If there is one band that deserves it it's Rush

Axl definitely "left" the old band to create "Guns N' Roses" of which everyone bar him was on the payroll. I'm not beefing because you tend to be fairly reasonable most times and you seem fairly cool and you don't start crap for reason like volcano, but it's fact.

And yeah, screw Glee. If I had to hear my favourite band being savaged by those neutered, Auto-Tuned, no talents I might as well kill myself.

No need for debates that won't change my view nor yours.It is pointless,so we co-exist and agree to disagree on some points. You are dead on about Glee,bloody horrible sham of a show that should have a health hazard warning attatched to it,completely sickening with no redeeming qualities.