Why Did Axl Fight So Hard For The GNR Name...

Nick85

money.

I guess that's some of that "superior" conversational brilliance you were referring to on that other gnr messageboard. Of course, looking through your posts, it would seem that one word snarky responses is about all you're really capable of. As the kids say: lol.

Classy response mindsaber! Shoving the constantly negative worms back into their holes,or wormhole forums

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

money.

I guess that's some of that "superior" conversational brilliance you were referring to on that other gnr messageboard. Of course, looking through your posts, it would seem that one word snarky responses is about all you're really capable of. As the kids say: lol.

Classy response mindsaber! Shoving the constantly negative worms back into their holes,or wormhole forums

I don't share SunnyDRE's point of view, but his posts at least make me laugh almost everytime, I don't think he's 100% serious about this, if he is, it's even funnier.

money.

I don't share SunnyDRE's point of view, but his posts at least make me laugh almost everytime, I don't think he's 100% serious about this, if he is, it's even funnier.

True,are you D off of evolution? You guys have interesting conversations and don't tolerate idiots.

Does anyone else here fight the urge to accuse someone of "trolling" for fear that using word cupcake will cause you to slip into total forum-nerdom?

Of course not. Obviously we should wear our nerd badges with pride when we argue the same Axl vs. Slash debate every day.

Does anyone else here fight the urge to accuse someone of "trolling" for fear that using word cupcake will cause you to slip into total forum-nerdom?

Of course not. Obviously we should wear our nerd badges with pride when we argue the same Axl vs. Slash debate every day.

Yeah, I just looked at my total number of posts and it's clear I passed the point of no return somwhere around 2005. :lol:

True,are you D off of evolution? You guys have interesting conversations and don't tolerate idiots.

I tolerate funny idiots. I didn't understand your first sentence though, doesn't make any sense, I tried to google it but you're the first person on earth to write this. Of course I could write "blabliblibloublablablipblodjbleblabl99e" and I would be the very first to write it on earth, but you actually wrote a short and rather understandable sentence which doesn't make sense. Are you Chewbacca?

Guns N'Roses the name is synonymous with great achievement. As well as music and sales, they (the classic Guns N'Roses line up) were known as The Most Dangerous Band in the World. If your going to release a solo album with a bunch of hired hands, the name helps :D

Edited by star

Yeah, I just looked at my total number of posts and it's clear I passed the point of no return somwhere around 2005. :lol:

Glue this to your chest. I'm wearing mine now.

nvs%2Bnerd%2Bbadge.jpg

Ha, well done. Between my GNR fandom & Superman comic collection, I'd say I've earned this...

to all of you who think axl is this messiah who could do no wrong, BUY YOURSELF A CLUE!!!

CD WAS PURE SHIT. that is my opinion and the opinion of MANY! You can buy that audio abortion for 1.99 at best buy NOW!!

axl won't tour the US because he knows that the majority of us realize that he is now just a cash grabbing fat old man who WILL NEVER be able to come even close to touching the magic that was created by the original lineup!!

THAT'S WHY HE'S NOT TOURING. THAT'S WHY HE'S NOT RELEASING NEW MUSIC. he knows that we now have 14 songs of proof that he WAS NOT the sole creative genius behind GNR's grandeur!!!

Is that you Saul? You mad boy?

No I think it is Bill trying to convince us it is Saul!

You do realise calling Axl by his former name is pointless right? HE LEGALLY CHANGED HIS NAME....SAUL DID NOT.

Slash said only the closest of close of family calls him his legal name. And even then most call him Slash. So either you are Slash's brother or you are doing it to get a reaction from people here (aka trolling)

Why Did Axl Fight So Hard For The GNR Name?

To prevent shit or average material like Slash's last album to be credited under the name Guns N' Roses.

True we only got 1 true album since UYI I&II but it's only Very High Quality albums. Very few other bands if not any got this level of quality on each of their albums. Axl is a perfectionist, that's why he kept the name. Period.

Good insight and very true! Axl seems to be a very perceptive person and seeing the band implode,it was a sound legal move to include that he retained the band name if such a breakup occured.The beginning of the end was when Izzy left imo.

Saul is stuck in 1991 with his style and appearance.Axl brought the name in so what is the issue about Him using GNR as his band? It always was

to all of you who think axl is this messiah who could do no wrong, BUY YOURSELF A CLUE!!!

CD WAS PURE SHIT. that is my opinion and the opinion of MANY! You can buy that audio abortion for 1.99 at best buy NOW!!

axl won't tour the US because he knows that the majority of us realize that he is now just a cash grabbing fat old man who WILL NEVER be able to come even close to touching the magic that was created by the original lineup!!

THAT'S WHY HE'S NOT TOURING. THAT'S WHY HE'S NOT RELEASING NEW MUSIC. he knows that we now have 14 songs of proof that he WAS NOT the sole creative genius behind GNR's grandeur!!!

You do realise calling Axl by his former name is pointless right? HE LEGALLY CHANGED HIS NAME....SAUL DID NOT.

Slash said only the closest of close of family calls him his legal name. And even then most call him Slash. So either you are Slash's brother or you are doing it to get a reaction from people here (aka trolling)

Did we go 20 minutes back in time?

Did we go 20 minutes back in time?

I was going to edit this but I accidently deleted it so I decided to post it again cause i am curious as to why volcano does what he does here

nvs%2Bnerd%2Bbadge.jpg

Ha, well done. Between my GNR fandom & Superman comic collection, I'd say I've earned this...

I have a pretty big collection from the 80's and 90's myself. Maybe we should move from Axl vs. Slash to Superman vs. the Hulk. :D

I tolerate funny idiots. I didn't understand your first sentence though, doesn't make any sense, I tried to google it but you're the first person on earth to write this. Of course I could write "blabliblibloublablablipblodjbleblabl99e" and I would be the very first to write it on earth, but you actually wrote a short and rather understandable sentence which doesn't make sense. Are you Chewbacca?

No,I'm not even a star wars fan.

nvs%2Bnerd%2Bbadge.jpg

I have a pretty big collection from the 80's and 90's myself. Maybe we should move from Axl vs. Slash to Superman vs. the Hulk. :D

You know what's funny, I'm quite sure there are some forums where those arguments take place, and just as passionately.

And the answer, of course, is Superman. :D

It's pretty simple, Axl said it in one of the chats. He believed it was his duty to keep the GNR name going. I'm sure he had some big plans but then everything fell apart for him. Who knows why? (I blame his mental health or lack thereof and his entourage.) I do wish he hadn't kept it though, it would've taken so much pressure off of everyone involved and who knows how much music we could've got from him by now? Anyway, what's done is done.

To prevent shit or average material like Slash's last album to be credited under the name Guns N' Roses.

True we only got 1 true album since UYI I&II but it's only Very High Quality albums. Very few other bands if not any got this level of quality on each of their albums. Axl is a perfectionist, that's why he kept the name. Period.

Good insight and very true! Axl seems to be a very perceptive person and seeing the band implode,it was a sound legal move to include that he retained the band name if such a breakup occured.The beginning of the end was when Izzy left imo.

Saul is stuck in 1991 with his style and appearance.Axl brought the name in so what is the issue about Him using GNR as his band? It always was

To answer the question so far as I see it Axl kept the name so he could have "control". He originally seemed to have some ideas about going in a more industrial direction but in the end Chi Dem was not so industrial sounding, especially compared to OMG. The best liad pland of mie and men and all that.

I've said previously that while I am happy Axl is still out there performing the classic guns material personally I am disappointed in the new direction the music has taken. If the nu-band had a sound similar to the old band, blues based rock with great guitar riffs then I think you could make a more credible case for him keeping the name.

He could easily realease the Chi Dem material under his own name and if anything sans the baggage people might be more receptive to the new music more willing to listen?

Also what is really stopping him from releasing CDII and or recording with the current line up? I'm not saying they should go and record an album tomorrow but they could be continuiously working on new material which over time you would hope would produce a good album? But although DJ has signalled he is willing there seems to be no coordinated effort to get the current line up to write and record together?

I mean its pretty much three years since the release of Chi Dem?

Edited by Lines&Noses

Much People Insane... OMG, 2011 Era....

Line Up Original, Line Up AFD, Line Up UYI, Line Up Skin Bones, Line Up Democrcray... ALL IS BULLSHIT MAN...

Is Simple, This Is ---> GUNS N' ROSES - 1985 To Present

You Don't Like ??

PRAY LOSER

:thumbsup:

Much People Insane... OMG, 2011 Era....

Line Up Original, Line Up AFD, Line Up UYI, Line Up Skin Bones, Line Up Democrcray... ALL IS BULLSHIT MAN...

Is Simple, This Is ---> GUNS N' ROSES - 1985 To Present

You Don't Like ??

PRAY LOSER

:thumbsup:

Oh HBK, I never have any idea what you're saying, but I love you anyway. :wub:

Too bad the perfectionist didn't have to balls to release it under a different band name. Oh I forgot, Mr Rose is insecure :D

As for the Slash solo material, it rocks!

..it rocks more than the over-produced-robo-sounding-over-layered-poorly-sung-inplaces-china-democracy which failed on every level to do the name Guns N'Roses, which Mr Rose held onto, any justice. They couldn't even be bothered to record a music video, because the album dosn't contain a hit single.

Edited by star

Too bad the perfectionist didn't have to balls to release it under a different band name. Oh I forgot, Mr Rose is insecure :D

..it rocks more than the over-produced-robo-sounding-over-layered-poorly-sung-inplaces-china-democracy which failed on every level to do the name Guns N'Roses, which Mr Rose held onto, any justice. They couldn't even be bothered to record a music video, because the album dosn't contain a hit single.

3f6f45d13b914b1dd3f8133756b2c318.gif

nvs%2Bnerd%2Bbadge.jpg

You know what's funny, I'm quite sure there are some forums where those arguments take place, and just as passionately.

And the answer, of course, is Superman. :D

Bah, Hulk smash puny krypton man. :D

I need to find a comic forum. Those have to be hilarious.

Too bad Axl doesn't have a sparkly sequined hat to wear,and doesn't sell his soul to the media.why should Axl use another name when he clearly brought it in with him?

Saul has released dated formulated music since he quit GNR,very dull and subpar.Poorly sang? Are you tone deaf or just that predjudiced?