1993: Axl tells the truth about Metallica

D..

Metallica fans piss me off. Metallica piss me off.

James Hetfield has never been anywhere Axl's charisma on stage. I don't like bands that are here for the money and feel the need to release average albums and tour all the time because they need a new golden hottub.

Metallica is about money. Guns is about music.

That's all I wanted to say, nighty night everyone, and fuck Metallica and the hypocrisy surrounding them.

• Like 1

Metallica fans piss me off. Metallica piss me off.

James Hetfield has never been anywhere Axl's charisma on stage. I don't like bands that are here for the money and feel the need to release average albums and tour all the time because they need a new golden hottub.

Metallica is about money. Guns is about music.

That's all I wanted to say, nighty night everyone, and fuck Metallica and the hypocrisy surrounding them.

Is this thread meant to be a joke? Three tours and one album over ten years. That's definitely the way to do it. I don't understand why more bands don't follow New GNR's strategy.

• Like 1

Hetfield was cool before he became obsessed with being taken seriously as a singer. In other words, Metallica was better when he couldn't sing.

I also resented his little snarky comments on that mtv thing where he reads Axl's list of backstage amenities.

Hetfield was cool before he became obsessed with being taken seriously as a singer. In other words, Metallica was better when he couldn't sing.

I also resented his little snarky comments on that mtv thing where he reads Axl's list of backstage amenities.

Yeah,this plus the way they got rid of Jason and their "some kind of mother"bullshit counseling dvd made me lose respect.I loved Justice for all,and ride the lightning.

Funny if the public only knew the truth about why GN'R had to leave the stage. Too bad Metallica wont tell you the truth, it was not his voice nor his monitor Metallica are lying to you me and everyone.

Gunsguy 45 minutes ago

Just noticed this comment from Gunsguy on youtube. What's the real reason Axl walked off?

Edited by ITW 2012

:rofl-lol::rofl-lol:

Funny if the public only knew the truth about why GN'R had to leave the stage. Too bad Metallica wont tell you the truth, it was not his voice nor his monitor Metallica are lying to you me and everyone.

Gunsguy 45 minutes ago

Just noticed this comment from Gunsguy on youtube. What's the real reason Axl walked off?

"[Metallica] are the Led Zeppelin of this generation."

:rofl-lol::rofl-lol::rofl-lol:

Gunsguy 45 minutes ago

0:45

Both bands suck nowadays, but old metallica is FAR superior in every way to this "new guns". They were pioneers of metal and had PLENTY of emotion in their songs. Where is emotion lacking in these songs??

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0eMQyX-zAhQ

So unbelievably hilarious, nu guns doesnt have shit on these songs!

Kind of a ridiculous comparison. Compare Old Guns to Old 'Tallica and CD to Death Magnetic for a more proper comparison. I give old guns the edge on the former, and I think it's a push on the latter.

Gunsguy 45 minutes ago

"You deserve the truth but tonight's not the time" is not an explanation. That wouldn't have prompted me to make a post like the one you made on youtube.

Well, I hold them almost equal, putting gnr slightly ahead in the old days. What's ridiculous is trying to write off Metallica as some second rate nobodies with no decent music. Sure, they havent written a decent album in 20 years, but for most GNR fans, we'd say the same about GNR. At least Metallica kept touring and entertaining its fans while Axl sat holed up in his house. Metallica has written songs that rivals anything GNR has to offer, thats coming from the most die hard (old)GNR on this site. Fade to Black, One, Sanitarium, Puppets, Nothing Else Matters, Orion, etc all on par with songs like estranged, nr, scom, pc and so on.

beautiful

Edited by pugachev
  • Like 1

Both bands suck nowadays, but old metallica is FAR superior in every way to this "new guns". They were pioneers of metal and had PLENTY of emotion in their songs. Where is emotion lacking in these songs??

Eh, I've never really liked Metallica. I've heard their entire discography, and I have yet to like a single song. All I hear is mindless loudness. I don't feel the emotion. I certainly feel the emotion in Chinese Democracy on the other hand.

Gunsguy 45 minutes ago

Didn't Axl himself say it was because of vocal issues?

Edited by packersnroses

How come none of you can do your homework? Sure, you know your shit about GNR, but did you know Hetfield was trained as an opera singer when he was younger? He's always taken his voice pretty seriously. Some of his best moments come on songs he's written about sensitive material.

I don't understand how the lot of you can poke at Metallica for changing their sound to apparently "go for money" when Axl used hair metal to get into the door, and has wanted to change his sound ever since. Sure, Axl's approach has been a lot more subtle, but believe it or not, artists don't want to create the same music for years and years and years. When they do, they sound insanely stale.

Oh, and Master of Puppets > AFD.

Eh, I've never really liked Metallica. I've heard their entire discography, and I have yet to like a single song. All I hear is mindless loudness. I don't feel the emotion. I certainly feel the emotion in Chinese Democracy on the other hand.

To each their own I suppose, im the very opposite. CD did nothing for me. Guess music just strikes us all a bit different. 5:36 onward on Orion always gives me goosebumps leading up to the 2nd solo. I should also say, I use to hate all forms of metal until about a year ago. Now I have gotten into all kinds of old school metal and have learned to love Metallica as much as I do GNR. Cant stand Megadeth, however. UGH!

Edited by pugachev

I don't understand how the lot of you can poke at Metallica for changing their sound to apparently "go for money" when Axl used hair metal to get into the door, and has wanted to change his sound ever since. Sure, Axl's approach has been a lot more subtle, but believe it or not, artists don't want to create the same music for years and years and years. When they do, they sound insanely stale.

Oh, and Master of Puppets > AFD.

Cough. Slash. Cough.

Well then, UYI2 > MOP