Robin Finck's Place As Part of GNR

Musicman11

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BoBo is just angry because his precious Saul is only discussed in the former members section.

It all comes down to that.

Robin, Bucket and Brian's contributions are not over with GNR.

How do you know this for a fact.

It's what everybody here does, like when they would say Jackie Chan or The General are gonna be awesome...

Finck, Bucket & Brain r exactly former members ´jes like Slash, Duff & Izzy.

There is another band now n another era. Some people here on has a hard time acceptin.

The old times will never come again.

Edited by Riyadh

BoBo is just angry because his precious Saul is only discussed in the former members section.

It all comes down to that.

Robin, Bucket and Brian's contributions are not over with GNR.

How do you know this for a fact.

It's not rocket science.

This is where you guys lose me. Aren't you people always saying "Let's move forward with the future! Gnr 2011!!!". Yet you can't let go of a member that left the band going on four years ago. Whether axl decides to keep his contributions or not, he is still a former member. He doesn't tour or record with nu guns anymore. Look on any website with the list of current band members and robins not on it. Therefore, this IS the wrong place to discuss this. Start to practice what you preach.

When Robin re-joined NIN, Axl himself said that Robin's parts for the follow-up are done.

So that would suggest Robin will feature on the next album.

Bucket was on Chinese, so I don't see why he wouldn't appear on the next one. Axl said he gets a kick out of Bucket, so I don't see why not.

True. Good point.

Surely Robin is not on the next album as a lead guitarist four years after he left (assuming the next album comes out today).

If he is then you have to wonder what the fuck has been happening in the last 10 years that there is so little creativity going on that there is no better alternative.

Honestly I cant figure out the people who prefer this level of output to when the band was in its heyday.

Surely Robin is not on the next album as a lead guitarist four years after he left (assuming the next album comes out today).

If he is then you have to wonder what the fuck has been happening in the last 10 years that there is so little creativity going on that there is no better alternative.

Honestly I cant figure out the people who prefer this level of output to when the band was in its heyday.

No, not surely. Axl said that the next album will feature the same players, also talked about Robin's solo in one song from cd2, and Bucket left 4 years before being all over Chinese Democracy.

As for guesses - mine is that Axl will not go through the process of recording everything from scratch, or that the label will finance it in any way in the near future.

We'll probably get CD2 with most of Bucket's, Robin's and Brain's contributions, with added touches from Bumble, DJ, and Frank.

After all, Chinese Democracy was mostly the work of the 2002 line up.

The mods also don't need you being their little boyscout either sailaway.

I agree that robin left going on FOUR years ago. Along with bucket who left nearly 8 and brain who left 6 years ago. Regardless if their contributions will be featured later on or not, they're no longer in the current incarnation of gnr, and therefore should be discussed in the former gunners section. Period.

BoBo, unlike you I'm not a "little" anything, Robin's and Bucket's contributions are on CD,If you don't like the rules read Voodoo's explanation above,or go complain.

It's not hard to understand if you apply reading comprehension. Now go watch your Utube concert experience and leave me alone.You are like some disease that keeps popping up full of pus and infections. Go read the liner notes on CD.

I don't care about some underlings explanation. This particular band member left the band 4 years ago. Rules are that this particular topic shouldn't be discussed in this particular forum. He is a FORMER MEMBER. Reading comprehension at its finest.

BoBo,if you can't comply with the forum rules,go broaden your "Utube" concert experience :lol::monkey:

Volcano, the forum rules state that former members have a specific section, and should be talked about there. A member that left four years ago is no longer a member of gnr, and should not be talked about in the discussion and news section. And only one account is allowed per member.

So take your hissy episode to support BoBo,or ask a moderator about your concerns. Another tip is that an individual's screen name appears to the left of each post,see where mine says Sailaway?

If the forum condones discussion of a former member that is on current album how does it damage your tender feelings? Get over it,I don't make the rules nor do you. Go watch your Utube concerts,I'll go see the real thing.

I always thought the timing of him leaving was strange, with CD actually being on the verge of being released at that point. When he signed on for NIN it wasn't for the Wave Goodbye Tour, it was the Lights in the Sky tour. Maybe he didn't know NIN would be hanging it up in the near future? Or maybe a short touring stint in NIN appealed more to him since it was actually confirmed to be happening, where even with CD being released, there was still no solid evidence of a tour or anything other than the CD just finally appearing in stores. I suspect there had to be some behind the scenes business there that caused him to be on his way.

Wasn't there a rumor that he was fired without Axl knowing, or something along those lines?

I do like his work in NIN though. He got to do two tours and an album. Supposedly he was supposed to be involved in future NIN recordings, but with Trent working on other projects now I guess they're on hold.

He's mentioned that he has done some work on NIN so maybe Robin is working on things that aren't going to be released for awhile?

I always thought the timing of him leaving was strange, with CD actually being on the verge of being released at that point. When he signed on for NIN it wasn't for the Wave Goodbye Tour, it was the Lights in the Sky tour. Maybe he didn't know NIN would be hanging it up in the near future? Or maybe a short touring stint in NIN appealed more to him since it was actually confirmed to be happening, where even with CD being released, there was still no solid evidence of a tour or anything other than the CD just finally appearing in stores. I suspect there had to be some behind the scenes business there that caused him to be on his way.

Wasn't there a rumor that he was fired without Axl knowing, or something along those lines?

I do like his work in NIN though. He got to do two tours and an album. Supposedly he was supposed to be involved in future NIN recordings, but with Trent working on other projects now I guess they're on hold.

He's mentioned that he has done some work on NIN so maybe Robin is working on things that aren't going to be released for awhile?

Someone here said Robin is working on a solo album but that's just a rumor.

There wasn't any tour in 2008, when Chinese Democracy came out. It took a year for that to happen.

Robin loves to tour. I don't think he wanted to sit around and do nothing, but we don't know what really happened.

He was great in NIN,fact. Trent is a bit of a Dick,but Pretty little hate machine,SIN,The downward Spiral were solid Albums.

How could Axl NOT know about one of his employees being fired? Isn't Axl really the only one with the power to decide who goes and who stays in the band?

In those Axl chats, it sounded like they were trying to communicate with Robin in terms of staying in the band, touring, etc. It seemed to me like it was fully Robin's choice to leave. Although, it was strange he left literally months before the album was finally released. Did he maybe think it was just talk again, and it probably wouldn't go through? Did he just lose faith in the band? So many unanswered questions when it comes to this. At least with Bucket, his manager stated it was because of Axl not being able to put out the album and follow a schedule. With Robin, we really don't know if there was bad blood or not...

No,we don't know and won't know,unless someone chooses to divulge that information.I'm not going to skip sleep speculating though,it is what it is.

Both Robin and Bucket contributed different styles to GNR,and I'm looking forward to the future.

Don't know what? Just giving a theory about what went down with the departure of Robin. Never stated anything as fact.

So sorry,will post for clarity.We don't know exactly what happened with Robin,it may come out eventually but I choose to appreciate what he and Bucket contributed without getting into the drama.

Don't know what? Just giving a theory about what went down with the departure of Robin. Never stated anything as fact.

So sorry,will post for clarity.We don't know exactly what happened with Robin,it may come out eventually but I choose to appreciate what he and Bucket contributed without getting into the drama.

Fair enough.

Thank you,do you like NIN?

How could Axl NOT know about one of his employees being fired? Isn't Axl really the only one with the power to decide who goes and who stays in the band?

In those Axl chats, it sounded like they were trying to communicate with Robin in terms of staying in the band, touring, etc. It seemed to me like it was fully Robin's choice to leave. Although, it was strange he left literally months before the album was finally released. Did he maybe think it was just talk again, and it probably wouldn't go through? Did he just lose faith in the band? So many unanswered questions when it comes to this. At least with Bucket, his manager stated it was because of Axl not being able to put out the album and follow a schedule. With Robin, we really don't know if there was bad blood or not...

I could be wrong, seeing as how there's a lot of talk/rumors that go around...but wasn't there a rumor (I'm thinking from MSL) that Azoff either fired or let Finck know he wasn't in future plans because he was only

interesting in reuniting the old band and not the current band? Again, can't remember where I read that or if it was just a poster throwing a theory out there, and it doesn't make sense that Axl would not be

aware of his lead guitarist being fired. I do recall the Axl chats where he seemed to imply that Robin was welcome to stay and that what he was doing was up to and only known to Robin himself at the time...

It was just strange that there was no announcement made and it seemed that Axl didn't even know that Robin left until his return to NIN was posted on nin.com.

But when you look at it, it's not totally surprising. The album was practically done years ago, so Robin's work on it was done a long time ago. Nothing to do there. There were no plans for a tour, for whatever reasons there were behind that. Nothing to do there. Outside of replying to questions on message boards and websites, nobody from the band did any promotion for it, so nothing to do there either. CD coming out really didn't give Robin any more to do than he'd been doing already.

I don't know if there was bad blood, but unless things were cleared up after the fact, it sounded like he left without telling anyone, to join Reznor, who'd made a habit of mocking Axl. I think he even made comments once upon a time about being unhappy that Robin was in GNR.

I could be wrong, seeing as how there's a lot of talk/rumors that go around...but wasn't there a rumor (I'm thinking from MSL) that Azoff either fired or let Finck know he wasn't in future plans because he was only

interesting in reuniting the old band and not the current band?

Yes that was the rumor going around. Azoff is a sneaky fucker so who knows.....

His nickname is "the poison dwarf" it fits well :thumbsup:

I'd love to just hear Finck talk about GNR in a long discussion period. I mean there is a lot of stuff that has gone unanswered for years, that Finck would be one of 2 people to know (The Other Being Axl). Like why he left the first time around, why he came back, why he left in 2008, just how much did he record with the band, how much interaction did he have with the likes of Duff and Matt, ETC. He's done so much for NewGNR it isn't even funny, and did a great amount when it comes to Nine Inch Nails. As for my personal opinion on NIN, I love pretty much all the stuff they have put out, even if Trent can be an ass sometimes. The guy had massive amounts of talent, and Finck is a great addition to that talent. For me, all material between Pretty Hate Machine and The Fragile was the greastest NIN ever put out, and is completely brilliant. I also like The Slip because it seems like a garage record for NIN, fast and easily made with an actual band. Finck did some great stuff on The Slip I thought at least. Hope the rumors of the solo effort comes true or Trent decides to get off his ass and work with Finck for NIN again.

I'd love to just hear Finck talk about GNR in a long discussion period. I mean there is a lot of stuff that has gone unanswered for years, that Finck would be one of 2 people to know (The Other Being Axl). Like why he left the first time around, why he came back, why he left in 2008, just how much did he record with the band, how much interaction did he have with the likes of Duff and Matt, ETC. He's done so much for NewGNR it isn't even funny, and did a great amount when it comes to Nine Inch Nails. As for my personal opinion on NIN, I love pretty much all the stuff they have put out, even if Trent can be an ass sometimes. The guy had massive amounts of talent, and Finck is a great addition to that talent. For me, all material between Pretty Hate Machine and The Fragile was the greastest NIN ever put out, and is completely brilliant. I also like The Slip because it seems like a garage record for NIN, fast and easily made with an actual band. Finck did some great stuff on The Slip I thought at least. Hope the rumors of the solo effort comes true or Trent decides to get off his ass and work with Finck for NIN again.

Nice post,I still crank the NIN.PHM,SIN,TDS were solid albums. Sure,Trent is an ass but its brilliant music.

Since we are talking about nin, year zero was such a good late career album. Some of the songs on that are some of his best ever imo. Me im not, vessel, in this twilight. Wow, gonna have to bust out the nin I think!

Common ground.I have been a NIN rabid fan for years.Thought it was semi iconic,and quirky genius to record The Downward Spiral at 10050? Cielo drive,the place of the Tate murders. That had to set an atmosphere.

Off topic that house has been removed a new more fitting house for the area was built,they changed the street number.Trent was the last one to occupy the original house.

NIN's my favorite band, ever, so I can jump in on this to.

Always a big fan of Finck, so if he wasn't working with NIN, I was happy to see him in GNR, my second favorite band. In a perfect world I'd like to see him writing and recording with both bands, since both seem to go away/come back for years at a time.