Lou Reed & Metallica: The View

droezle

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've said it before, I like Metallica, I like Lou Reed, this 90 second clip has did little for me personally. Sure I can't base an opinion of the album off of 90 seconds, but I really hope the rest of the album is better than this. I mean, could they have picked a better part of the album to show off, because this isn't anything special. Now I'm excited for the album, but I hope that its better than this at least. Lou Reed's vocals don't really fit to my taste here either. Any time that I think of Lou Reed, I think Berlin, so, yeah....

I'm expecting full on guitar wanking by James, Kirk, & Lou....and you know Lou and Lars were prob. talking about who has the better and more expensive art collection, Lou prob. getting Lars a boner over knowing Warhol & Basquiat.

They wrote it was recorded at HQ - maybe Lou just did it to have a free trip to San Fran with Laurie.

Critics will have a field day with this one. They already are.

That's how Lou Reed is supposed to sound :P

When they first announced this project, I was hoping that it would be some grand concept album, with traces of metal throughout, but have a much more classic rock feel to it. Show off the softer side of Metallica a little more, give us some more keyboards, and fit around Lou Reed's mold. Not the other way around, because Metallica can fit around the Reed, Reed can't fit around with Metallica from what I've heard. But, eh I'll get over it and try to listen to the whole album a couple of times..... OR I could just listen to Megadeth's new album that sounds awesome from what I've heard of it so far :xmasssanta:

Lou Reed is certainly a bad influence on Metallica. I really don't like him, never liked him, never will... But it ain't as bad as u people say. It's just bad.

What influence? It's just one song, but supposedly there's a 17 minute song on the new one. Guess they're trying to go for "Sister Ray Act II".

It just sounds like 2 different sessions going on at the same time.

Lou's always been an acquired taste, and has done his share of rubbing people the wrong way, whether they're musicians or fans. I think Lou wrote a lot of brilliant lyrics that have humor to them (even Berlin has it in spots), but there's def. crap in there as well. All of New York's great & Street Hassle's one of his best songs ever.

I think it's good when people say "fuck it" and see where it goes. It's on their dime, it's up to the fans whether or not they want to buy it. It's good to be in a position to just go for it and if it sucks, they just move on from it.