Lou Reed & Metallica: The View

droezle

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I respect what Reed did and Metallica have some great back catalogue and Death Magnetic wasn't too bad at all but this has thrown yet another spanner in the works. LOULOU sounds like some drawling old senile cowboy or something and James sounds freaking peculiar randomly coming in from out of nowhere sticking his redneck head in and yelling pointless lines like SMALL TAHN GURRLLLLLL.. okay Papa Het whatever you say just stay away from me. It's nice they try something new but they've all fallen on their asses. Boring riffs and ridiculous bopping on the drums and some disasterous lyrics I just don't get it.

Edited by RandallFlagg

I've been a Lou Reed fan since forever. I saw him back in NYC in 1973 and he was awesome. Love Velvet Underground too, but Lou's solo stuff is amazing.

when I heard Lou and Metallica were doing stuff together, I thought what a cool idea. I think Metallica needs a boost and Lou is the man to do it.

I've been a Lou Reed fan since forever. I saw him back in NYC in 1973 and he was awesome. Love Velvet Underground too, but Lou's solo stuff is amazing.

when I heard Lou and Metallica were doing stuff together, I thought what a cool idea. I think Metallica needs a boost and Lou is the man to do it.

Sorry dude - I respect you like Lou and all but - IMO this album is more like tying an anchor on Metallica's throat than a boost.... :no:

Just read some of the lyrics to "Frustration" from this album:

I feel the pain creep up my leg

Blood runs from my nose

I puke my guts out at your feet

You’re more man than I

To be dead to have no feeling

To be dry and spermless like a girl

I want so much to hurt you

Marry me

I want you as my wife

:rofl-lol:

The Velvet Underground stuff is undoubtedly genius. However I don't really think it's Lou himself that people are laughing at. It's the fact that Metallica have made a shite job of orchestrating the music to Reeds words and also the fact that Hetfield is shouting hilariously ridiculous things throughout. Whilst it's cool that Reed has obviously taken a big risk by working with a band who are so different stylistically and sonically from his own work, the songs just don't work.

Are you serious? Granted, Metallica's instrumentals are not as top notch as they could be on a Metallica album. But Lou sounds absolutely ridiculous on this piece of crap. He is beyond laughable.

I'm a huge Metallica fan and see the benefits of St. Anger and what it did for them as a band. But, even I know that this collaboration should have been aborted. It's terrible, and Metallica should spend more time on their own music, so that they don't have 5 year periods between albums all the time.

It's not as bad as I thought it was going to be.

What the hell were you expecting? I couldn't imagine anything involving Metallica sounding this bad - ever! Really... this album sucks so bad My World and Purify would actually be the best songs here.

It's funny though, because when the next Metallica album comes up, no one will give a shit that St. Anger sucked, Death Magnetic was "okay" and that this was god awful, they'll buy it in droves because "Hey, it's Metallica". GnR put something out that's decent, sure, it took them a while but I cant think of a more fitting time to apply the old quote "quality, not quantity"

1. St Anger sucked.

2. Death Magnetic was not okay. It was excellent bar th mixing and mastering issues.

3. This sucks mostly because of Lou, not Metallica.

Death Magnetic was not excellent. If that was the case why are Metallica fans going apeshit that they're black the whole of the Black album at Download and not going "ah shucks, I wish it was Death Magnetic in it's entirety". It was alright, but compared to their previous work it was nothing.

You cannot blame Lou Reed for this entirely, take away his vocals, the music and riffs is sloppy and all over the place, it's like teenagers who have been inspired by Metallica forming their first band, musically.

1. St Anger sucked.

2. Death Magnetic was not okay. It was excellent bar th mixing and mastering issues.

3. This sucks mostly because of Lou, not Metallica.

Death Magnetic was not excellent. If that was the case why are Metallica fans going apeshit that they're black the whole of the Black album at Download and not going "ah shucks, I wish it was Death Magnetic in it's entirety". It was alright, but compared to their previous work it was nothing.

You cannot blame Lou Reed for this entirely, take away his vocals, the music and riffs is sloppy and all over the place, it's like teenagers who have been inspired by Metallica forming their first band, musically.

Death Magnetic is one of the few Metallica albums that can be heard from start to finish.