Lou Reed & Metallica: The View

droezle

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lol sooooooooo bad. Lou Reed has a legacy to uphold and wtf he felt the need to play with these guys is beyond me. Whilst it just sounds like a poor mans Metallica with Lou Reed speaking over the top. I'd have much preferred Lou Reed & Metallica to write songs together as a unit, but this is atrocious and a waste of time.

Ppl who look to this as something worthwhile need their ears & tastes checked. I imagine you'll get a lot of kids who know the name 'Lou Reed' might mean something, and know that Metallica are 'hard core, so cool', put the two together and call it a masterpiece.

But it's a joke. Nothing more. nothing less. Metallica lost touch aaaaaaaages ago .....Lou Reed...dunno what he was thinking. At least Axl releases CD and doesn't expect it to sell billions and doesn't care about promoting and is just, as far as im aware, happy with it.....whilst the likes ot metallica have to work their shit.

One of the most overrated bands ever. (mean up to, not including, the black album). Oh so lost since then, and this emphasises it more, but OMG THEY WITH LOU REED, HE HAS RESPECT, THIS MUST BE GREAT.

Waste

of

time

Metallica has lost it, Cliff would never have done anything like this

It's just a side project. It does make me think about when Jason wanted to do a side project. Hypocrites?

Great point. James didn't want Jason to put out his solo project(which did not bare the Metallica name anywhere on the album) because it would dilute Metallica. Well this Lulu piece of shit has Metallica's name on it and all 4 current members involved.

Metallica has lost it, Cliff would never have done anything like this

It's just a side project. It does make me think about when Jason wanted to do a side project. Hypocrites?

Great point. James didn't want Jason to put out his solo project(which did not bare the Metallica name anywhere on the album) because it would dilute Metallica. Well this Lulu piece of shit has Metallica's name on it and all 4 current members involved.

I've always thought Jason was the least of the bass players (But then again it motherfucking Cliff Burton and Robert Trujillo he's going against) but the guy got screwed over. 3 songs with his name on them in nearly 2 decades, the hazing he received at first, the way he was buried in the mix, etc, etc. Jason really got screwed, poor guy, he's still a good bass player and guy in general, but damn I'm pretty sure he's laughing his ass off with Dave Mustaine right about now :rofl-lol:

Edited by Musicman11

• 2 weeks later...