Do you think Axl will announce the titles of the new songs he plays at RIR or will he leave it open to speculation?

ITW 2012

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't want to him to play new songs. Rather hear them on a potential new album.

A couple songs won't hurt me, but I don't want too much "spoiled" either.

If they play something new, I hope there's a plan for the next release within a reasonable amount of time. I don't want Chinese to happen all over, having heard a large portion of the album years ahead.

Maybe. But couldn't it be possible these shows were in the works beforehand? And that just the shows weren't announced until they found venues, etc.

Regardless, I still don't see new songs being performed. No new album on the horizon, that band in it's current form hasn't done squat yet. Just don't see it.

They could have been in the planning stages yes, but it's highly unlikely there weren't a consensus between both parties (Axl and Azoff) for the shows mentioned in the settlement. Axl could have used the suit as leverage for a less troublesome US tour, as Azoff have much control over Live Nation and Ticketmaster.

As for new songs.. Baz seemed to have heard a song written by Axl and Dj, so some work must've been done by the current line-up. Bumblefoot said they hadn't been in the studio together yet, but how long ago was it he said that? I actually don't remember, was it recently?

And.... Whether some like it or not, there's still much material left from the Chinese sessions. What they should do with it will have to be up to them.. I understand some won't be very eager to hear it being some of the contributors are gone. Personally I would like to hear as much music as possible, it's all part of GN'R history. We have to remember that the majority of this line-up probably have writing credits on this material. If the current band have a handful of songs good to go, they could always mix them up with the older stuff on the next release.

Maybe. But couldn't it be possible these shows were in the works beforehand? And that just the shows weren't announced until they found venues, etc.

Regardless, I still don't see new songs being performed. No new album on the horizon, that band in it's current form hasn't done squat yet. Just don't see it.

They could have been in the planning stages yes, but it's highly unlikely there weren't a consensus between both parties (Axl and Azoff) for the shows mentioned in the settlement. Axl could have used the suit as leverage for a less troublesome US tour, as Azoff have much control over Live Nation and Ticketmaster.

As for new songs.. Baz seemed to have heard a song written by Axl and Dj, so some work must've been done by the current line-up. Bumblefoot said they hadn't been in the studio together yet, but how long ago was it he said that? I actually don't remember, was it recently?

And.... Whether some like it or not, there's still much material left from the Chinese sessions. What they should do with it will have to be up to them.. I understand some won't be very eager to hear it being some of the contributors are gone. Personally I would like to hear as much music as possible, it's all part of GN'R history. We have to remember that the majority of this line-up probably have writing credits on this material. If the current band have a handful of songs good to go, they could always mix them up with the older stuff on the next release.

3-4 months ago max

3-4 months ago max

Tommy said a few weeks ago with rolling stone they had yet to start recording with the current line up.

as a whole that may be true. Doesn't mean that Axl and DJ are not working together currently to work some ideas for the rest of the band.

I think he'll intro a new song. but would they risk doing anything new while it's streaming live? I think they got the set that kicks ass and will just rock in Rio. then maybe in encore do something new or old like Move to the City. You packed you bags and moved to Rio.....................

He definitely will.

Axl: This is a..... This is a brand new song.

Beta: Essa musica nova.

Axl: Hopefully it will express my sentiment...

Beta: .....

Axl: And I would dedicate this song....

Beta: Yo dedicas musica...

Axl: To the all threads ITW 2012 ever started.

(Crowd goes nuts)

Axl: This is a new song, called "Thread Monster".

He definitely will.

(Crowd goes nuts)

:rofl-lol: nice

He definitely will.

(Crowd goes nuts)

:rofl-lol:

He definitely will.

(Crowd goes nuts)

:lol:

Axl: This is the song that's going to get me out of my own personal Vietnam. It's called Rambo.

Edited by ITW 2012

He definitely will.

Beta: Essa é uma musica nova.

Beta: Espero que expressará meus sentimentos...

Beta: Eu dedico essa musica...

(Crowd goes nuts)

:lol:

Axl: This is the song that's going to get me out of my own personal Vietnam. It's called Rambo.

Hahaha I smiled, but here's the fixed portuguese version :P

Guest NewGNRnOldGNR

I see this concert as the replacement of the cancelled 2010 Rio concert (stage collapsed)

They played that show (albeit a month after it was originally scheduled for).

Are there any new songs to play? Did any of you read the Tommy thread?

It's definately a possibility, though if forced to bet on the subject, I would put my money on "no new songs played"

Still, this is the topic were new songs are definately going to be played and we are only talking about if Axl will tell us the actual names of the songs or not.

I would be shocked if they played new material. I'm not getting my hopes up. I'm just expecting a similar set list from the 2010 tour.

Given that new songs have been played at all Rio Shows........I think Axl is going to hit someone in the face with a new tune or 2.