Frank

Tonyp44

I think he is the worst g'n'r grimmer the band ever had. He is a solid drummer but to me has no groove for guns tunes. He looks and sounds like a tour drummer and not a member of a band. Adler had that pop n groove swagger about him and sorum had that bad ass deep sound in his drums. Listen to the intro of brownstone at rir 11 and tell me what you think I thought it was weak. He may be cool as fuck and a good drummer but IMO does not belong in guns n fucking roses?

Thoughts?

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Frank is probably my favorite besides Steven. I've noticed, especially at Rio, that he grooves a lot harder on songs that have always been played very straight (Estranged really comes to mind, he had some really nice simple, but effective fills). Whereas everyone else really just served the purpose of a metronome, I feel like Frank makes the drumset a bit more of an instrument than anyone else did. Unfortunately, GN'R songs don't leave a lot open to interpretation in terms of drumming.

I think he is the worst g'n'r grimmer the band ever had. He is a solid drummer but to me has no groove for guns tunes. He looks and sounds like a tour drummer and not a member of a band. Adler had that pop n groove swagger about him and sorum had that bad ass deep sound in his drums. Listen to the intro of brownstone at rir 11 and tell me what you think I thought it was weak. He may be cool as fuck and a good drummer but IMO does not belong in guns n fucking roses?

Thoughts?

To me Frank just doesn't belong in GNR. His drumming annoys me, he's basically just keeping a simple beat and still getting the songs wrong. Easily the worst drummer GNR has had. The way he's changing up the songs sounds like shit too. Play them how they are supposed to sound. Overall he just seems like a touring drummer who never left. Does not fit at all in GNR. Axl should beg Brain to come back.

Decent drummer, but to me the best GNR ever had is probably Brain (except for that terrible YCBM @ RIR 01), if I have to choose. I like Freese too, but unfortunately we never had the chance to see him live with gnr. Also love what Adler did on Appetite (nothing extraordinary from a technical point of view, but awesome groove) as well as Sorum during the UYI tour (tough and powerful).

To me, Frank has a perfect blend of style, drum wise. He hits hard and Rocky like Sorum, but grooves like Brain. His fills sometimes don't fit the songs as well as past drummer have played, but sometimes his fills suit the tunes better than any previous drummer.

I don't know man...it's funny how opinions can be totally different. I think Frank is the best GNR drummer they ever had :shrugs:

Just listen to that kick ass groove in Brownstone at Rio for example.

:rofl-lol:

You can't be serious. He's last by a mile. Adler.Brain,Sorum,Josh Freese and even Fred Coury destroy him. You must really be trying to get some party passes by saying that about Frank.

LOL unbelievable. "Frank is better than everyone"... the dude is a hack.

Frank is good bc he doesn't use the stupid drum roll that sorum uses 75 times in nov rain

I actually prefer Sorum's fills in Novemeber Rain than Frank's or Brain's. Sorum's big hits and the love of tom tom drums made that song. Frank N' Brain do a killer job of November Rain but in my opinion Sorum played that tune perfectly.

I think that Frank is the best fit for this band.

In what way? Not a single person outside of these boards would know/care if he were replaced tomorrow. Isn't he only in because he played w/Fortus or something?

The fact that no one really knows who he is doesn't mean he's not a great fit for the band.

Thoughts?

Sorum was the least fun to air-drum to. He had his moments, but by far Sorum was the worst GnR drummer. Boring style, horrid horrid sound to his snare. And he used triggers. Adler didn't. If I'm not mistaken.

I dig Frank. Watch the WTTJ rehearsal. He's got plenty of groove.

Frank Ferrer and Bumblefoot were the best musicians at Rock In Rio, even though Ron fucked with Jungle. Words from someone who went to see that monstrosity.

are you still on about rio?

I think I earned the right to talk about my favorite band. It was a fucking disaster and I didn't watch through live stream like you; I was the one getting rain for 3hours and listening to an old fuck who can't even remember his own fucking songs. You should probably get out of Axl's ass, it's making you look silly.