Hulk Hogan SHOOTS on Axl Rose!

gnrfan2007

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But he LOST the respect he once had in the past with his hypocritical blame game against Axl.

Slash was unwilling to work with Axl in evolving GnR's sound to stay relevant, but then turns around and works with pop and rap stars! WTF?!

Slash accused Axl of wanting to be "alternative" like Pearl Jam, but then what does Slash do?

He teams up with one of alternative rock's top star, Scott Weiland from STP! And in his latest solo efforts, he teams up with Dave Grohl and Chris Cornel - two other top stars from the "alternative" rock genre!

So, it is kind of ironic that a celebrity like Hulk Hogan is on Team Slash? Hogan stated why he is on Team Slash: because Slash is a media and spotlight whore just like him!

That speaks volume about Slash when Hulk Hogan endorses him! LMAO

Idk how any gnr fan can hate slash. Not liking him anymore, fine. Not agreeing with what he says, sure. Not liking his material post gnr, no problem. But how can people disrespect a man who's contributions are all over about 75% of what they play live? Lmao. Like any stadium would fill up just strictly based on just nu gnr material. If you don't like him, cool, then move on, don't spam the boards (especially in the original and former sections) spreading your hatred about him. He's EARNED the respect he's gotten with his contributions to music.

Idk how any gnr fan can hate slash. Not liking him anymore, fine. Not agreeing with what he says, sure. Not liking his material post gnr, no problem. But how can people disrespect a man who's contributions are all over about 75% of what they play live? Lmao. Like any stadium would fill up just strictly based on just nu gnr material. If you don't like him, cool, then move on, don't spam the boards (especially in the original and former sections) spreading your hatred about him. He's EARNED the respect he's gotten with his contributions to music.

Great post. Couldn't've said it better myself.

But he LOST the respect he once had in the past with his hypocritical blame game against Axl.

Slash was unwilling to work with Axl in evolving GnR's sound to stay relevant, but then turns around and works with pop and rap stars! WTF?!

Slash accused Axl of wanting to be "alternative" like Pearl Jam, but then what does Slash do?

He teams up with one of alternative rock's top star, Scott Weiland from STP! And in his latest solo efforts, he teams up with Dave Grohl and Chris Cornel - two other top stars from the "alternative" rock genre!

So, it is kind of ironic that a celebrity like Hulk Hogan is on Team Slash? Hogan stated why he is on Team Slash: because Slash is a media and spotlight whore just like him!

He never lost the respect in many people's eyes here, and constantly bashing him is definately NOT the answer. You may have no respect for him - and you are allowed to, but what you are doing is not the right way to go about it. Its more or less having to do with respecting the members here who respect him y'know?

Edited by WhazUp

LMAO!

You must be ignorant if you are unaware of why Axl calls Slash a *CANCER*.

If you know how to use Google properly, you will find that if you search for: slash axl pearl jam ...

you will find topics here on MyGnrForum that discuss Slash's diss on Axl for wanting to be like Pearl Jam and NiN.

gnrfan2007 proposes no evidence of Slash dissing Axl, yet says it is a fact.

moreblack asks him to show some examples

gnrfan2007 produces nothing, again says it is a fact (based on nothing so far). He then says "do your own research."

moreblack does his own research and shows his examples, most of which are just Axl badmouthing Slash

gnrfan2007 laughs it off and says "do your own research" again.

L.O.L

Does that affect your listening experience when you listen to Estranged?

Exactly :thumbsup:

This type of rhetoric on an online forum never works out well. I honestly don't get why this guy is constantly insulting Slash in the vast majority of his posts - but it comes off as immature and childish.

Because people need to learn the TRUTH about Slash.

You aren't denying or have any counter argument to what I am saying. Why are you so upset if I tell the TRUTH about Slash? Are you afraid that if more people know Slash *BETTER* that they will no longer support him?

Slash abandon Axl and then bad mouth him for years while Axl worked hard behind the scenes figuring out how to save GnR from falling into the wasteland of '80s rock bands that got killed by the alternative rock era.

GnR still lives today because Axl never gave up and never *PROSTITUTED* himself or GnR. But Slash gave up and sold out to the highest bidders! And now, it is Slash who is *SORRY*.

I've LOST respect for Slash. That means, I don't buy any of Slash's products. Slash no longer gets any of my $money$.

More GnR fans should do the same!

Think about this: instead of promoting Libertad, Slash spent most of his time promoting his book!

Why? Because Slash was trying to protect his *wallet* from getting hurt by Axl's TRUTHS about him.

The more Axl reveals about Slash, the more GnR fans will grow to LOSE respect for Slash. Hence, less fans will buy Slash's products.

Truth is the truth hurts

Don't you agree?

It's harder to live with the truth about you

Than to live with the lies about me

Exactly :thumbsup:

This type of rhetoric on an online forum never works out well. I honestly don't get why this guy is constantly insulting Slash in the vast majority of his posts - but it comes off as immature and childish.

Edited by gnrfan2007

You aren't denying or have any counter argument to what I am saying. Why are you so upset if I tell the TRUTH about Slash? Are you afraid that if more people know Slash *BETTER* that they will no longer support him?

Slash abandon Axl and then bad mouth him for years while Axl worked hard behind the scenes figuring out how to save GnR from falling into the wasteland of '80s rock bands that got killed by the alternative rock era.

GnR still lives today because Axl never gave up and never *PROSTITUTED* himself or GnR. But Slash gave up and sold out to the highest bidders! And now, it is Slash who is *SORRY*.

I've LOST respect for Slash. That means, I don't buy any of Slash's products. Slash no longer gets any of my $money$.

Think about this: instead of promoting Libertad, Slash spent most of his time promoting his book!

Why? Because Slash was trying to protect his *wallet* from getting hurt by Axl's TRUTHS about him.

The more Axl reveals about Slash, the more GnR fans will grow to LOSE respect for Slash. Hence, less fans will buy Slash's products.

The dismantling of GNR is both Axl and Slash's fault - it is not one and not the other. They BOTH have big egos and contributed to why the original lineup is not around anymore. Sure Slash said some things he probably shouldn't have, but that's life, he and Axl have both moved on.

Libertad was promoted, I remember TV performances, tours, etc. Slash did not abandon Axl, he left a band that he did not like the direction it was going (not musical direction - the entire way GNR operated which has to do with the way Axl did things). Slash contributed A LOT to GNR and helped create about 75 percent of the tunes GNR performs to this day.

Slash never "gave up and sold to the highest bidder". He left GNR and has had a rather decent career (solo albums, VR, etc.). Commercial attributes don't matter. You have every right not to like him but this is just ridiculous, childish, and annoying.

You want to know the TRUTH? Both Axl and Slash did things that they probably should not have done, but that does not give you, me, or anyone the right to constantly bash either of them to the point where that is the majority of what you do on the forum - because it really does create a counter-productive rhetoric that just derails the forum

So no the reason I am upset isn't because of your so-called "truth". I am merely pointing out that your insults towards him is so immature and childish it is almost sad how much it seems like you hate the man. Your "truth" is just a twisted one-sided approach to explaining the "reality" of what all went down

Edited by WhazUp

You still don't get do you? Slash is a double-talking jive mutha-effer! LOL

If you can't see that, then there is nothing to help you.

And trying to blame Axl for the *dismantling* of GnR makes no sense at all when GnR is alive and doing extremely well!

If Axl had conceded creative control all to Slash - which was how Slash wanted it - GnR's last album would have been Snakepit! LMAO

What you are saying is so one-sided and hate filled. In a weird way I feel sorry for you...

The dismantling of GNR is both Axl and Slash's fault - it is not one and not the other. They BOTH have big egos and contributed to why the original lineup is not around anymore. Sure Slash said some things he probably shouldn't have, but that's life, he and Axl have both moved on.

Libertad was promoted, I remember TV performances, tours, etc. Slash did not abandon Axl, he left a band that he did not like the direction it was going (not musical direction - the entire way GNR operated which has to do with the way Axl did things)

You want to know the TRUTH? Both Axl and Slash did things that they probably should not have done, but that does not give you, me, or anyone to constantly bash either of them to the point where that is the majority of what you do on the forum

And trying to blame Axl for the *dismantling* of GnR makes no sense at all when GnR is alive and doing extremely well!

If Axl had conceded creative control all to Slash - which was how Slash wanted it - GnR's last album would have been Snakepit! LMAO

What you are saying is so one-sided and hate filled. In a weird way I feel sorry for you...

Libertad was promoted, I remember TV performances, tours, etc. Slash did not abandon Axl, he left a band that he did not like the direction it was going (not musical direction - the entire way GNR operated which has to do with the way Axl did things)

You want to know the TRUTH? Both Axl and Slash did things that they probably should not have done, but that does not give you, me, or anyone to constantly bash either of them to the point where that is the majority of what you do on the forum

I am sorry you view things in a one-sided manner like so. Of course by dismantling of GNR I meant of that lineup at that time - Axl definately had a part in it and if you can't accept that well that is just one step you just took away from the truth.

Has Slash said things he shouldn't have said? Sure. But that doesn't take away from his contributions and the great music he was a part of. And Axl has done his fair share of things he could have done in a better way as well.

Regardless, bashing Slash/Axl/any current or former band members nonstop is NOT the answer for anyone.

Edited by WhazUp

we've mosly your word for that, and so far it's not carried much weight behind it...

now where are those disses?

Edited by moreblack

Truth is the truth hurts

Don't you agree?

So, you were there through it all, 94-96? You know Axl and Slash personally? You know jack shit, just like the rest of us. You choose to side with Axl, fine, but don't pretend like you know what the hell happened behind the scenes. It's no wonder alot of people think GnR fans are fuckin' nuttier than the guy they follow (Axl). :rolleyes:

Truth is the truth hurts

Don't you agree?

So, you were there through it all, 94-96? You know Axl and Slash personally? You know jack shit, just like the rest of us. You choose to side with Axl, fine, but don't pretend like you know what the hell happened behind the scenes. It's no wonder alot of people think GnR fans are fuckin' nuttier than the guy they follow (Axl). :rolleyes:

+1