Anybody else think it's high time that If The World gets put back in the set?

ITW 2012

Anybody else think it's high time that If The World gets put back in the set? Why did they drop this song and continue playing snoozers like Sorry and This I Love every night? It makes no sense to me. If The World is one of the cornerstone songs on CD, along with Better, TWAT and Prostitute, and unlike those other 3, Axl and the band completely kick ass on it live.

I hope so, I wouldn't mind if it replaced Live and Let Die personally...

I really like the lyrics Axl added in the Tokyo 09 performance "If there's a cure for this, I don't want it..." What song are those lyrics originally from?

Apparently it is from a Tupac song that sampled a Dianna Ross song. I'm guessing Axl got it from the Pac song, but you never know.

If The World is the only CD song that they've ever really jammed on as a whole band. It makes no sense that they would drop it.

Edited by ITW 2012

It's the worst song on CD (that and Riad) and Axl knows it, but it's kind of funny live... but kind of useless too, I don't see the point of wasting energy on a song like that.

I'd be more than happy if Axl traded Live and Let Die and Knockin on heaven's door for TWAT or Prostitute. I really couldn't care less about GNR covers (except Sailing), and bad bond songs.

It's just about having good taste in music, if you have good taste in music, you want TWAT and Prostitute, it's as simple. (I know I'm being an asshole but I had to say it)

If The World is one of my faves from ChiDem, his voice is killer and the groove is infectious. The solo ain't bad either I don't get what's not to like? Scraped and Riad are by far the worst for me and the only ones I don't like.

Edited by RandallFlagg

If The World is right in Axl's wheelhouse. It should be remixed with this and released as a single immediately. However, it needs Axl and Phil on the chorus:

Ax

If the world would end today

And all the dreams we had

Would all just drift away

Phil

And I can feel it coming in the air tonight, Oh Lord

I've been waiting for this moment for all my life, Oh Lord I can feel it in the air tonight, Oh Lord, Oh Lord

Edited by ITW 2012

If The World is right in Axl's wheelhouse. It should be remixed with this and released as a single immediately. However, it needs Axl and Phil on the chorus:

Ax

If the world would end today

And all the dreams we had

Would all just drift away

Phil

And I can feel it coming in the air tonight, Oh Lord

I've been waiting for this moment for all my life, Oh Lord I can feel it in the air tonight, Oh Lord, Oh Lord

lol what is it with you people and mixing guns with rappers

It's like Sorry in that it has a clear vocal and simple understandable lyrics.

Did Axl say that Bucket really understood the blaxploitation quality he wanted on it? or am I making that up.

for me it's a straight swap with Live and let die.