Mi Amor or The Ballad of Death?

The Catcher in the Rye

People are hilarious.

When Ashba played Ballad Of Death, people said it was shit. Now that he plays Mi Amor, Ballad was great. Finck used to be sloppy, now he's "an artist, not just a good cover player", all the demos 'sound better', Josh Freese was the best thing that ever happened to GnR drumming since Steve, and people heard him on like - 2 or 3 demos.... AKA... People :heart: Complaining.

People are hilarious.

When Ashba played Ballad Of Death, people said it was shit. Now that he plays Mi Amor, Ballad was great. Finck used to be sloppy, now he's "an artist, not just a good cover player", all the demos 'sound better', Josh Freese was the best thing that ever happened to GnR drumming since Steve, and people heard him on like - 2 or 3 demos.... AKA... People :heart: Complaining.

really?

when he started playing ballad of death everybody loved it and wanted it to be made into a real song. i never saw anybody who, like me thought it was the most overrated solo spot ever. don't think i've bothered with mi amor.

finck's solo spot was fucking great! just check it out from new jersey 2006. that's brilliant shiiiot.

People are hilarious.

Maybe the people that said Ballad was shit... still think that.

You can't generalize like that. You're implying that people who said Ballad was shit, now say it's awesome...

I've always liked Ballad... specially for a GN'R show... it's very ...hmm.. let's call it Slash-y (tone wise) and bluesy... Mi amor does sound like a Mexican Soap opera song gone wrong

People are hilarious.

really?

when he started playing ballad of death everybody loved it and wanted it to be made into a real song. i never saw anybody who, like me thought it was the most overrated solo spot ever. don't think i've bothered with mi amor.

finck's solo spot was fucking great! just check it out from new jersey 2006. that's brilliant shiiiot.

Finck is an artist and a unique guitar player... that's why the This I Love or Better solo will never feel the same as on the record.

Ashba has the right looks for GN'R but in my opinion a very average guitar player. I think he does write well. I love the Sixx AM and Beautiful Creatures albums, but something is just not right for him in GN'R (maybe if he had written some tunes... i don't know...)

I will leave you guys with 2 videos of who should be one of the GN'R guitarists...

Doug Aldrich

Zakk Wylde

And after this you'll realize why Ashba jut isn't good enough for GN'R like Robin was or one of these guys would be. They fit... Ashba fits by his looks (and maybe (yet to be seen) writing potential.