Does anyone like Myles Kennedy?

Guns n' Swedes

Sorry for posting something very unrelated, but I just wanted to ask people if they like the Slash singer: Myles Kennedy

I see all this positive posts on youtube about him, but it really sounds like he's joking, to me. Not to be a hater or anything, but it really sounds awful and still everyone seems to like it.

Am I going deaf??

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sure Myles is no Axl when it comes to GNR songs but then again nobody can sing those songs like Axl. I give Myles a lot of credit for being a good showman and doing a decent job of singing those songs.

When I saw Slash when he opened for Ozzy, Myles did a great job vocally and had a lot of energy. I got nothing but respect for the guy

(This topic is gonna be moved BTW)

NOBODY can sing GNR songs like Axl, but Myles is a very talented singer.

Can't wait to see what him and Slash cooked up together.

Yeah, I think the next solo album will benefit having only one singer.

I'm looking forward as well.

As for Myles singing GN'R songs,

Axl is the most distinct and recognizible sound of any GN'R song, it would be near impossible to any other singer to create that sound. He's a good singer though.

He's a good singer and showman. He's worked hard to become a prototypical rock singer. But (and possibly because of this) he's not a great frontman, like a Steven Tyler, a Robert Plant, or a W. Axl Rose. He's more in the Scott Stapp zone, I'd say, except he hasnt written any hits or sold millions.

Any true Guns fan should love Myles, because without him Slash would still be stuck playing only ISO and Brownstone because he can't find a singer who can hit the notes on the other GNR stuff. Anyone who doesn't love seeing Slash tear through the GNR songs is not much of a fan, as I get the same feeling seeing him play them as I do seeing Axl sing them. Since they can't be together, this is the next best thing.

Of course he is not going to sound like Axl because of how distinctive his voice is, but I am happy he isn't trying to. That would make it a parody. He sings the songs and does them enough justice that Slash feels comfortable playing them, which is great because I love seeing him playing them again.

Myles is not much of a showman, because as he has said he considers himself a guitar player first who happens to sing. He never really developed that part of his persona because prior to Slash he pretty much stood in place with a guitar strapped to him whenever he performed.

Myles can sing his ass off, and Slash knows how lucky he is to have found him.

I can't wait for Slash's new album with Myles because he has the vocal range to make the kind of music I think Slash has been unable to do since he left GNR. His 2 original songs with Slash were 2 of the best off his solo album, and now that they have a relationship and some chemistry from playing together I think we will see a really strong effort out of the Slashman if BFC and Starlight are what they can come up with having just met eachother as opposed to how it is now.

I think he must be a great guy and all but I don't really like his voice when he sings GnR songs. It's just not natural, he's got no rasp at all (funny how some of the first to bash mickey mouse Axl are the ones who worship him the most), but he does hit it in some songs like Beggars & Hangers-On, Fall To Pieces and his original Slash-album songs.

Any true Guns fan should love Myles, because without him Slash would still be stuck playing only ISO and Brownstone because he can't find a singer who can hit the notes on the other GNR stuff. Anyone who doesn't love seeing Slash tear through the GNR songs is not much of a fan, as I get the same feeling seeing him play them as I do seeing Axl sing them. Since they can't be together, this is the next best thing.

Of course he is not going to sound like Axl because of how distinctive his voice is, but I am happy he isn't trying to. That would make it a parody. He sings the songs and does them enough justice that Slash feels comfortable playing them, which is great because I love seeing him playing them again.

Myles is not much of a showman, because as he has said he considers himself a guitar player first who happens to sing. He never really developed that part of his persona because prior to Slash he pretty much stood in place with a guitar strapped to him whenever he performed.

Myles can sing his ass off, and Slash knows how lucky he is to have found him.

I can't wait for Slash's new album with Myles because he has the vocal range to make the kind of music I think Slash has been unable to do since he left GNR. His 2 original songs with Slash were 2 of the best off his solo album, and now that they have a relationship and some chemistry from playing together I think we will see a really strong effort out of the Slashman if BFC and Starlight are what they can come up with having just met eachother as opposed to how it is now.

What brand of pot are you smoking?

New Guns fronted by Axl singing Old Guns songs >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Slash w/Myles Kennedy

Scott Weiland was little better - great singer and frontman and everything, but no way could his vocals manage Axl's. Plus, his dance moves while covering GNR gave me the chuckles.

he is a great and talented singer. In his main band ( Alter Bridge ) he is pretty amazing if you ask me.

Ify you like to see what he is capable of search for his HALLELUJAH cover on youtube

To sing GNR songs is a pain in the ass for most singers because most of them sound shitty on them . There is a reason why GNR songs are not covered ( and / or released as singles) that often .

Nobody could do these songs justice except for Axl

Edited by Meanmachine22

He sings great, he's not replacing Axl. He's very humble and down-to-earth type of guy. I like him but in no way is better than Axl, no need to compare because Slash's band is not called Guns N' Roses. Still, it's really laughable how some people say Myles sings Gn'R songs better than Axl, very nonsensical shit as much as people saying hired hands are better than Slash, Izzy and Duff. :rofl-lol:

Edited by pi2loc

Vocals irritate me for some reason, checked out about ten songs from Alter Bridge and not a fan, not to say it's bad or anything just personally don't like his voice or feel anything from it, a lot of respect for his ability though, obviously doing something right if you're that big and not playing trends.

Edited by RandallFlagg