Video: Fans annoying Axl

GnR Chris

What do you guys think? I personally detest celebrity worship. There's another video where she demands he say hi with a camera in Axl's face.

They're human beings. I, for one, would be too embarrassed to hold a video camera to a person's face backstage or wherever else. It's different at an appearance/signing to take photos with fans.

Either way, I'm linking because Axl seems in great spirits here.

Edit: Here's the other one:

It must be hard to have to be a nice person all the time when you deal with this on a daily basis.

Edited by GnR Chris

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This one I'm ok with. Wanting a record of your conversation with a person you admire is understandable. I wish I had a recording of the one full convo I ever had with my Senator while I was in HS - would be cool to have now that he's president and all. I am much less ok with the "say hi" video. If I met someone like Axl, I would want to have a convo with him like this video, not "say this! now say that!" Axl's a person, not an animal doing tricks. You want to talk to the guy? Go for it, and feel free to record if he's ok with it. But don't ask him to roll over or play dead or do other silly caged-beast type tricks. Let the other fans talk to him and have the same experience you just demanded to have on camera.

This one I'm ok with. Wanting a record of your conversation with a person you admire is understandable. I wish I had a recording of the one full convo I ever had with my Senator while I was in HS - would be cool to have now that he's president and all. I am much less ok with the "say hi" video. If I met someone like Axl, I would want to have a convo with him like this video, not "say this! now say that!" Axl's a person, not an animal doing tricks. You want to talk to the guy? Go for it, and feel free to record if he's ok with it. But don't ask him to roll over or play dead or do other silly caged-beast type tricks. Let the other fans talk to him and have the same experience you just demanded to have on camera.

This.

Somehow when I meet my 'heroes' I definitely believe I'm there (unlike these fans, going "OMG I can't believe he's a real person in real life in front of me OMG!!11"). So it feels normal - they're part of your universe and not living in some different dimension. So I feel like having a normal chat. And fortunately I don't care for signatures/autographs. Who cares. It's better to spend that time talking something than just get that autograph and run away screaming.

Agreed. I'm an autograph collector so I do like to get the sig at the end of a conversation, but not as the whole of my interaction. I always try to talk to the people I meet if at all possible. Had great chats with Nikki Sixx, George Carlin, Patrick Kane, Marian Hossa, brief chat with Ozzy, President Clinton...wouldn't be worth the hassle if I don't at least get a quick convo in.

These girls probably just like Appetite and the whole rock n' roll scene.

They aren't the type to have endured the wait for Chinese, supported Axl and the new band since 01' Makes it more ridiculous really.

I know if I ever met a favourite rockstar I'd greet him or her with a handshake and talk to each other like a friend, show him a bit of character not just a mindless drone OMGAXELILOUVEYOU

What do you guys think? I personally detest celebrity worship. There's another video where she demands he say hi with a camera in Axl's face.

They're human beings. I, for one, would be too embarrassed to hold a video camera to a person's face backstage or wherever else. It's different at an appearance/signing to take photos with fans.

Either way, I'm linking because Axl seems in great spirits here.

Edit: Here's the other one:

It must be hard to have to be a nice person all the time when you deal with this on a daily basis.

Stupid bitches are lucky enough to meet Axl and they pull this shit.

Good to see him doing a meet and greet, I just think he's reluctant because he has no idea what a fan is going to do, but when it's backstage, it's pretty controlled. It's good promotion for the band.

Does he make people only sign one thing per person?

I've also heard that with some bands, if you send it to the venue, they usually get the item to the tour manager to get it signed. Usually a local promoter tries to get a few things signed for various reasons - auctions, radio station, friends, etc.

Wish Axl had his shades on. Or put them back on in the second part right before he said "hi." :shades:

I have to admit when I saw the thread title I thought it would be something like the "Wheeeeeeere's Slash???" idiocy again. This isn't really antagonizing him. Most people don't get to meet the stars behind the stage, so it's natural they don't understand the courteous way to behave.

Everyone hating on these people for aggravating the artiste, how long would you have been there trying to say how highly you value the new band, how you were the one who really got Chinese Democracy, how the media always lies about him, oh and by the way can you name me at least one new song off the next album? Can you play Oh My God next show? Can you play the General for Christmas? :rolleyes:

And Axl just sits on and on going from to :D:) to :huh: to <_< to :book: as you go on and on praising him for his superior choice in guitarists, the newfound chemistry amongst the band, how the shows have never been *too* late, how you tried to bring him an inflated dolphin, how he looks like he's in such great shape for someone his age and the reviewers at Blabbermouth are all gay and have depth perception disorders, how you really understand and respect his decision not to reconnect with Slash but you look forward to seeing Izzy come back whenever he bicycles his way and hope Steven the best in his recovery, even though Frank, Brain, and Josh were all better, except Matt, who just utterly lacks soul and drums like a boring machine, Slash is welcome to keep him, oh and Axl how about that Rock and Roll Hall of Fame thing, what are you thinking about on that? And heheh, did you see how Slash butchered Sweet Child O' Mine with Fergie? Complete sellout, completely tarnished the name! And Myles Kennedy can't sing it either. Well actually he's a pretty rocking singer, but he just can't do it like you, no one can do it like Axl, well I do sing in a covers band, that's why I wore this bandanna tonight, that's part of it, I actually caught this bandanna from your hand in 2002 at the VMAs - which, by the way, kicked ass, the sound system didn't do your vocals justice and Welcome to the Jungle was a troublesome one, but you did THE BEST PERFORMANCE OF MADAGASCAR THAT HAS EVER BEEN HEARD, its like, as amazing as Sailing, truly that's one the most underrated, poignant masterpieces Guns N Roses ever performed.. I should know bout that Jungle thing, cause I sing it at my tribute band shows and I'm wrecked, we have to go into Patience right that and a drum solo and then a jam on Double Talkin' Jive so my voice can recover, man, how can you manage a three hour performance? And so it continues until the lameass security arrives to beat you out of the building.

Edited by Flayer

Wish Axl had his shades on. Or put them back on in the second part right before he said "hi." :shades:

I have to admit when I saw the thread title I thought it would be something like the "Wheeeeeeere's Slash???" idiocy again. This isn't really antagonizing him. Most people don't get to meet the stars behind the stage, so it's natural they don't understand the courteous way to behave.

Everyone hating on these people for aggravating the artiste, how long would you have been there trying to say how highly you value the new band, how you were the one who really got Chinese Democracy, how the media always lies about him, oh and by the way can you name me at least one new song off the next album? Can you play Oh My God next show? Can you play the General for Christmas? :rolleyes:

And Axl just sits on and on going from to :D:) to :huh: to <_< to :book: as you go on and on praising him for his superior choice in guitarists, the newfound chemistry amongst the band, how the shows have never been *too* late, how you tried to bring him an inflated dolphin, how he looks like he's in such great shape for someone his age and the reviewers at Blabbermouth are all gay and have depth perception disorders, how you really understand and respect his decision not to reconnect with Slash but you look forward to seeing Izzy come back whenever he bicycles his way and hope Steven the best in his recovery, even though Frank, Brain, and Josh were all better, except Matt, who just utterly lacks soul and drums like a boring machine, Slash is welcome to keep him, oh and Axl how about that Rock and Roll Hall of Fame thing, what are you thinking about on that? And heheh, did you see how Slash butchered Sweet Child O' Mine with Fergie? Complete sellout, completely tarnished the name! And Myles Kennedy can't sing it either. Well actually he's a pretty rocking singer, but he just can't do it like you, no one can do it like Axl, well I do sing in a covers band, that's why I wore this bandanna tonight, that's part of it, I actually caught this bandanna from your hand in 2002 at the VMAs - which, by the way, kicked ass, the sound system didn't do your vocals justice and Welcome to the Jungle was a troublesome one, but you did THE BEST PERFORMANCE OF MADAGASCAR THAT HAS EVER BEEN HEARD, its like, as amazing as Sailing, truly that's one the most underrated, poignant masterpieces Guns N Roses ever performed.. I should know bout that Jungle thing, cause I sing it at my tribute band shows and I'm wrecked, we have to go into Patience right that and a drum solo and then a jam on Double Talkin' Jive so my voice can recover, man, how can you manage a three hour performance? And so it continues until the lameass security arrives to beat you out of the building.

are you high?

are you high?

Massively sleep deprived and staying awake on Nuvigil and caffeine. it's like being slighty tipsy but my head feels like shit. Yeah, I riffed on that a little longer than I'd intended to when I started. Too much fun.

This is one the reasons why I DON'T wanna meet Axl.... :rofl-lol:.

I would NEVER shove a camera in his face if I had the chace to meet him... Male fans make me laugh.... cause they try act all 'cool'. But I know inside there probably freaking out more than anyone.... and that's ok, I guess girls are different and guys can control it better?. I know I would either be in shock or have a freak out after I met him not infront of him hahahaha.... do it when he is not around you.... <_<. But NO I would NEVER film it cause I would cherish it for what it is :wub:.

But I wanna know what it takes to meet this man! Seriously! Makes me sad :(.

He seemed annoyed after the second time.... I would have just said what I wanted. And left him alone... Not tug at him or annoy him. I'd hate it if he hated me lmao!.

So I think fans who film meetings with him privately should get kicked out haha. Hotels and so on are fine... but not if there taken in to meet him by someone else, kinda out of respect for Axl... :angry:.

Edited by Melly4Axl

Everyone hating on these people for aggravating the artiste, how long would you have been there trying to say how highly you value the new band, how you were the one who really got Chinese Democracy, how the media always lies about him, oh and by the way can you name me at least one new song off the next album? Can you play Oh My God next show? Can you play the General for Christmas?

are you high?

Massively sleep deprived and staying awake on Nuvigil and caffeine. it's like being slighty tipsy but my head feels like shit. Yeah, I riffed on that a little longer than I'd intended to when I started. Too much fun.

:lol: i liked the tribute band part btw