After seeing Guns...........

Paulywauly

Hey,

Been a life long guns fan, saw them in Manchester in 06 and 10. 06 was spectacular but 10 was something else, just electrifying. Thing is, after seeing them its ruined any other concert experience i have now ha ha, no other band i see comes anywhere near and so i just sort of dont enjoy it. Anyone else think this?

Btw, its a good thing. Il just wait till they return once more, hopefully next year.

A lot of these responses surprise me... I saw Guns in London in 2006, and yes it was amazing, but I've been watching a lot of Old Guns live vids, and it just surprises me how much better they seem to sound "bac in the day"... I get the OP's point though, after seeing Paul Mcartney, nothing will ever beat it...

xXx

Ive 29 and GNR has been my favorite band since I was 12; and the last time they came through Oklahoma - I was 10. So Ive never been able to see them until this month and over the last couple of years I thought it would never happen. Well, it did, and it was hands down the best concert Ive ever been to. It was like a piece of like life that was missing or something! lol ive never been that excited for any other concert, and even though the show was 3.5 hours I was still disappointed when it was over! ...I took my 12 year old daughter with me; and it just happened to be her first concert and she was just blown away. So now she'll have really high standards when we go to any other shows! Actually, I was just thinking this morning, "I wish they were coming through Tulsa or something cause I would go again."

I really, really hope that I get another chance to see GNR, but if I dont, I'll never forget that show and the night I FINALLY got to see Axl on stage after 17 years.

Yes, when i finally got to see Axl perform in Manchester in 06 it was a dream come true, having been a fan since I was 10, my mate got tickets to see them in 93 at Milton Keynes, his Dad was taking him and asked if I wanted to go with them, of course i did, but my parents wouldnt let me at the time as they thought it too dangerous having heard of previous trouble at their gigs, i was devasted ha ha. My mum still mentions now how much she regrets that decision as it looked like i was never going to get to see him perform, as much as i would like to say i had seen the original band, wasnt to be.

Having seen them again last year tho the feeling you get before and during the gig is immense. It made up for flying to Dublin the previous month to see them and that fuck up.

Axl's band.

Guns N' Roses...come on just say it

Yes, it is really annoying when people refuse to use legitimate names.

Fans of Deep Purple, Kiss, Yes, and so many other bands accepted lineup changes, why are some GN'R fans so goddamn stubborn?

Isn't that weird and pathetic all at the same time?

For me, it's about the music, not the name of the band.

I feel sorry for these people who are obsessed with the name of the band the "legacy" of the old group.

The music should be what matters.

Axl's band.

Guns N' Roses...come on just say it

Yes, it is really annoying when people refuse to use legitimate names.

Fans of Deep Purple, Kiss, Yes, and so many other bands accepted lineup changes, why are some GN'R fans so goddamn stubborn?

Isn't that weird and pathetic all at the same time?

For me, it's about the music, not the name of the band.

I feel sorry for these people who are obsessed with the name of the band the "legacy" of the old group.

The music should be what matters.

I can't see why some people can't just enjoy the post-illusions lineup while appreciating the Illusions and AFD lineups. It is not only disprespectful to the current band, but also disrespectful to the former members who have spent the last 15 years making a career for themselves.

I can't see why some people can't just enjoy the post-illusions lineup while appreciating the Illusions and AFD lineups. It is not only disprespectful to the current band, but also disrespectful to the former members who have spent the last 15 years making a career for themselves.

People think they are entitled to a reunion and that Axl is the reason it isn't happening. So in not supporting the current band, they think that will somehow cause the old band to reunite. Doesn't really make a lot of sense. Especially since some of these opposers are probably attending the current concerts and putting food on Axl's table.

And yeah, if you don't like the new band, then just go away and listen to other music. The fact that people hang around and always feel the need to express their opinion on Axl is because they still find him and the live show interesting and good.

:violin:

Edited by Ak1nney

You can't compare old guns to new. When old guns hit the stage, they had the number one album in the country, had number one single on the air, and everyone was into them. The energy level at those shows was out of this world. Only time I felt that energy again was MSG 2002. That being said, new guns is still better than anything else going. It the material. No one else has soooo many great songs.