GnR should release a triple album

saber_

Axl likes epic visions of grandiose awesomeness. Forget one new album. GnR should release a triple album. Oh yes, I just went there. It is only fitting, after all. They released a double-album with UYI. Why not, in the immortal words of Nigel Tufnel, go one louder? We know there's tons of music in the vault. It doesn't have to be perfected for another decade. It can be released as a fake "bootleg" or "leftovers" or "demos" type thing. A collection of rare gems that didn't make it on Chinese Democracy. That way everybody wins. It sells like hotcakes, it doesn't have to be all perfected and tinkered with forever, because it would be under the banner of something for the hardcore fans. But everyday fans would dig it too.

Ok it will never happen. But if it does. I called it. ; )

Edited by Popcorn's Timbre

How about three albums released in a span of two years? 30 songs on one disc would mean each song would be two minutes each.

Then how bout 30 songs on one DVD? No loss in quality there.

DVDs > CDs, so that's like going one louder in a way, too.

What about a double-sided CD? That's like going to 11 on an amp too.

Both ideas would be different, but yet epic.

Ok ok, I know your idea is more feasible. I can dig any new music actually. Hell, give us a fucking single. Leak a demo on purpose. Anything. Ok there I'm over my little music withdrawal freakout now. ; )

Edited by Popcorn's Timbre

Axl likes epic visions of grandiose awesomeness. Forget one new album. GnR should release a triple album. Oh yes, I just went there. It is only fitting, after all. They released a double-album with UYI. Why not, in the immortal words of Nigel Tufnel, go one louder? We know there's tons of music in the vault. It doesn't have to be perfected for another decade. It can be released as a fake "bootleg" or "leftovers" or "demos" type thing. A collection of rare gems that didn't make it on Chinese Democracy. That way everybody wins. It sells like hotcakes, it doesn't have to be all perfected and tinkered with forever, because it would be under the banner of something for the hardcore fans. But everyday fans would dig it too.

Ok it will never happen. But if it does. I called it. ; )

approveofthispost300x27.jpg

Triple albums are expensive. We are on a budget dude. Use Your Illusion was released in two copies for that reason.

Not sure how much The Clash "Sandinista" was when it came out, but it was a triple album. I don't think Led Zep's "How The West Was Won" cost more than 15 bucks when that came out, and that was a 3 CD set. Prince released Crystal Ball, Emancipation, and Lotusflower and they were all 3 CD sets. Tom Waits Orphans was about 20 bucks.

Triple albums are expensive. We are on a budget dude. Use Your Illusion was released in two copies for that reason.

Not sure how much The Clash "Sandinista" was when it came out, but it was a triple album. I don't think Led Zep's "How The West Was Won" cost more than 15 bucks when that came out, and that was a 3 CD set. Prince released Crystal Ball, Emancipation, and Lotusflower and they were all 3 CD sets. Tom Waits Orphans was about 20 bucks.

I stand corrected.

How about three albums released in a span of two years? 30 songs on one disc would mean each song would be two minutes each.

Then how bout 30 songs on one DVD? No loss in quality there.

DVDs > CDs, so that's like going one louder in a way, too.

What about a double-sided CD? That's like going to 11 on an amp too.

Both ideas would be different, but yet epic.

Ok ok, I know your idea is more feasible. I can dig any new music actually. Hell, give us a fucking single. Leak a demo on purpose. Anything. Ok there I'm over my little music withdrawal freakout now. ; )

I don't think many CD players are compatible with DVDs. They could just release multiple albums at the same time.

I really doubt the label are willing to put out a triple Guns N' Roses record, especially after the debacle of Chinese Democracy. I'm pretty sure that is why we haven't gotten a follow up record or a live DVD. Axl has expressed his disdain for the record label for a long time now and they did hold up the original Chidem for whatever reason. I think it's pretty much 2007 all over again...

It can be released as a fake "bootleg" or "leftovers" or "demos" type thing. A collection of rare gems that didn't make it on Chinese Democracy.

I don't think Axl believes in that approach. GNR has very rarely in their history given the impression that they support releasing this kind of material. I think Axl wants to put out what he considers to be perfect and keep everything else completely hidden. (See the reaction over the leaks, as they were not "how the songs were supposed to be heard")

Guest NewGNRnOldGNR

I’ve been an advocate of a Chinese Democracy re-release in the sense of Chinese Democracy in its entirety (30 odd tracks) rather than the 14 track CD for some time.

I think however if a re-release remains the intention additional material from those sessions will be a handful of bonus tracks (feat Bumblefoot and to a lesser extent, Dj).

I believe a new album will have further Chinese material as well as efforts from the Axl/Dj partnership (more soulful, blues tracks).

Guest NewGNRnOldGNR

Axl should compile the best of the rest from the Chinese sessions, leak it, perform it live, and move onto music the reps want; Axl & Dj.

a triple album (new material) would be awesome and something only Axl would be crazy enough to do.

Talk about getting the word out about yourself. Even music these days, people would take notice. Again it all comes down to the songs within. If they are great then people would love it. If not they'd hate it.

Guest NewGNRnOldGNR

I think Chinese II will be received in the same vein as part I; a masterpiece irrelevant to an era of LSD and bass lines.

I still say release the leftovers as a boxset. That way CD can also be rereleased with a bang. Then work on an album with the current lineup.

Seems reasonable.

I agree, I've thought this for a while. Leave the Finck/Bucket material for now and let this new line-up write a fresh album that will prove themselves as Guns N' Roses. If Axl and DJ take care of the song arrangements, Fortus adds a tight rhythm section, and Bumble adds some weird stuff and pure shred, we could have a killer album on our hands. Then, release a "Chinese Democracy Outtakes" box set down the road or something for the die hards. That way, ALL of the music that has been recorded gets released and we have a new album from the current line-up to tour behind.

Guest NewGNRnOldGNR

I dunno something seems strange about having two full albums in the can and not hearing anything new since ChiDem first leaked and Axl started playing the songs live before the album release........

I have no doubt the label are playing hardball regarding a new album of Chinese and as a result Axl cannot play tracks which may not receive official release for some time.

That was part of the problem with I; new tracks were a feature because each tour (2001/02 & 2006/07) Axl felt the album was near-release.

I want a new live cd with a dvd of this current US tour.

I think it's been too long since Axl's released a live cd and a new up-to-date dvd.

This will show people who haven't seen this tour how awesome Axl and the new lineup of GNR are and maybe they will stop screaming for a reunion.

I would like to see a reunion, but I think this current lineup is fuckin awesome and Axl is having a fun time as well as the band on this US tour, so that says it all.

I loved this show and I would really love to have a live dvd to watch it over again. It was one of the best concerts I've ever been too and I've been seeing bands since the 60's.

It would be awesome to have a dvd of this tour. Axl do you hear me?