Rock AM Ring 2006

snconnolly

Hey guys,

Sorry if this has already been discussed, but what's the deal with the rock am Ring show from 2006?

I always hear people saying that 2010 was the best "Nu-GN'R" line-up. But when I watch the Rock AM ring show it seems to sound so much better than any other Nu-GNR show. Is it just me?

Also, does anybody know about the nature of the recording? It's obviously very well done! Was it remixed or edited or anything to sound as good as it does? or was the band just on fire that night? I know it wasn't like officially released by the band, but was it on Youtube like RIR IV was?

Thanks for any info you're able to share!

Hey guys,

Sorry if this has already been discussed, but what's the deal with the rock am Ring show from 2006?

I always hear people saying that 2010 was the best "Nu-GN'R" line-up. But when I watch the Rock AM ring show it seems to sound so much better than any other Nu-GNR show. Is it just me?

Also, does anybody know about the nature of the recording? It's obviously very well done! Was it remixed or edited or anything to sound as good as it does? or was the band just on fire that night? I know it wasn't like officially released by the band, but was it on Youtube like RIR IV was?

Thanks for any info you're able to share!

It was a well performed did well executed recorded. Good enough for a DVD.

Nightrain is awesome from this show, one of the best ever.

I always thought they showed it live but I found out recently in another topic that Rock am Ring records and broadcasts after the fact. This gives them time to do a proper mix and everything, thus why the quality is nearly that of a DVD. I've seen three or four Rock am Ring shows from different bands (notably the Guns one and the KISS one from 2010) and I must say they do a hell of a job.

As for the overall performance, I think the outstanding quality overshadows some of the songs. It definitely ranks up there, it's solid, but I wouldn't say it's the best show. I think the LA shows from the end of 2006 with Izzy are better performances. There's no denying the amazing IRS and Nightrain peformances though, and of course, Axl fucking around with the guys during Patience.

I am going to watch it now. Ron was more guiitar god than he is now. I like new Ron better.

Kinda contradictory there, ahh?

Well he is still a god i guess the accident prevents him from moving around a lot.

Is this where Tommy sits down with his bass during Patience? I always like that

Edited by BirdCatcher

Robin was in the band with his sloppy playing, weird looks and ZERO crowd interaction

lol wut?

Robin, the only guitarist back in 2006 who would climb off the stage to get mixed up with the crowd? Actually, Robin even stage-dived at one show, as far as I recall.

Ah, goddamnit ... I just did it: I fed a cupcake ...

Rock am ring and many of the shows of 2006 are awesome shows,and axl voice was great,but if you check 2010 shows( not the first 5 shows) youll see that he was singing with his rasp voice during most of the shows,even you could be mine.Im in the 2010 voice boat,but OF COURSe 2006 and expecially Rock am ring are a good year/show for GNR fans,and the band too.

BTW where can i find it? ive check emule and nothing there......

Edited by rudolf1978

His voice in rio 2006 was just as bad as in Rio 2011. And rock am ring voice was ok, but far from very good.

Do you want to tell me that "Better", "Sweet Child" and "YCBM" sounded good at that show??

Get your ears checked if you don't agree. I loved Guns in 2006 also, just saying that they got better ever since in every aspect, except Axl's voice in 2011 compared to 2010.

And I never liked Robin and I was very happy when he (and even bucket) left.

Its an awesome show. I just wish we had a proper HD version of it, as it seems it was the original resolution back when it was broadcasted. The best I've ever see out there was a 480 widescreen, which was a DVD shared back then. Lots of YouTube versions were just low 320p or lower, which sucks.

Rock Am Ring is the best nuGnR concert yet IMO. Axl is top notch, perfect vocals. I love that concert. I watch it a lot more often than Tokyo DVD.

I'm not trying to be negative, but the vocals from rock am ring and throughout 06 was nowhere near as good as in 2010. They're very similar to 2011 on most songs so I don't understand why you're stuck in the past saying it was all so great when the present is kicking 2006 in the ass.

I wouldn't be surprised to see some of you in 2015 saying something like: "2011 was the greatest ever. It was perfect back then"

Pointless thread full of people being stuck in the past, even to the extent that you fool your own ears.

Appreciate the "now"

Rock Am Ring is the best nuGnR concert yet IMO. Axl is top notch, perfect vocals. I love that concert. I watch it a lot more often than Tokyo DVD.

I'm not trying to be negative, but the vocals from rock am ring and throughout 06 was nowhere near as good as in 2010. They're very similar to 2011 on most songs so I don't understand why you're stuck in the past saying it was all so great when the present is kicking 2006 in the ass.

I wouldn't be surprised to see some of you in 2015 saying something like: "2011 was the greatest ever. It was perfect back then"

Pointless thread full of people being stuck in the past, even to the extent that you fool your own ears.

Appreciate the "now"

Appreciate the "now"

I guess you have never read a post of mine. I'm 100% pro-ashba-formation. I'm one of the most positive guys here, hands down. But IMO, that concert is the best yet. Next to that, so far, from what I've seen it's last week's LA concert. Loved it. The fact I prefer Rock Am Ring does not make me negative. The part in bold, I've said that like a million times here...

Definitely not perfect vocals. He has some pitch issues in that show for sure. I really do like that show though, the performances of Jungle and Nightrain are amazing.

Appreciate the "now"

I guess you have never read a post of mine. I'm 100% pro-ashba-formation. I'm one of the most positive guys here, hands down. But IMO, that concert is the best yet. Next to that, so far, from what I've seen it's last week's LA concert. Loved it. The fact I prefer Rock Am Ring does not make me negative. The part in bold, I've said that like a million times here...

Ok, peace. I just think the current band is so great and it feels un-necessary to look back 5 years.

Anyways...seems like we disagree on the voice-thing. I think he sounded so and so on many songs and you think he sounds great. Lets agree to disagree on that one :)

Nightrain from Rock Am Ring is possibly my favourite live performance ever. It is simply superb.

I find donnington 06 better

Strange, I find RAR a lot better.

They had major sound issues at Donnington so you can't even hear Ron's last solo, but Axl's voice at Donnington was maybe the best out of that whole tour.