Axl ripping on Cobain

Snowmass

You know what made GNR uncool? It wasn't grunge, Nirvana, or even Axl's ridiculous outfits and videos. It was the fan base. That's still pretty evident today when we have threads where people talking about how great it was that Kurt Cobain killed himself because he got in a little spat with Axl Rose 20 years ago. WE made the band uncool. It became a "fuck that band, their fans are terrible" issue. And it still rings true 20 years later. Threads like these make me embarrassed to be such a big fan of GNR. All we do is bitch about things that happened before a lot of us were even old enough to know about it, bitch when the band doesn't play the set list we want, bitch when we don't get new music, bitch when we do get an interview because it wasn't in depth enough, bitch when they play songs we asked for because they aren't playing the other songs we asked for too. And worst of all, when people do want to be positive about the band and the shows, a bigger contingent shows up to bitch about them actually liking and enjoying something.

And before people were on message boards doing this, they were doing it at school, work, other concerts. The fans are just as big of a reason for the band dropping off the radar as Axl hibernating for 15 years. Who the fuck wants to say they like a band when they'll get a giant shit storm of all the things that are terrible from people saying they love the band and music?

You mention GnR being "uncool" (to who and what does that mean?) and you now rip on Axl's clothes and videos from back in the day. Are you sure you are an Axl/GnR fan? Maybe you should go listen to some more "life sucks, save trees, respect all people, save Africa, help the poor" grunge crap. JFC give me a break. I'm sure some Kurt Cobain fan site exists.....enjoy it. Let us all know how it is......wait, we don't care.

This is called "proving a point".

INDEED

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You know what made GNR uncool? It wasn't grunge, Nirvana, or even Axl's ridiculous outfits and videos. It was the fan base. That's still pretty evident today when we have threads where people talking about how great it was that Kurt Cobain killed himself because he got in a little spat with Axl Rose 20 years ago. WE made the band uncool. It became a "fuck that band, their fans are terrible" issue. And it still rings true 20 years later. Threads like these make me embarrassed to be such a big fan of GNR. All we do is bitch about things that happened before a lot of us were even old enough to know about it, bitch when the band doesn't play the set list we want, bitch when we don't get new music, bitch when we do get an interview because it wasn't in depth enough, bitch when they play songs we asked for because they aren't playing the other songs we asked for too. And worst of all, when people do want to be positive about the band and the shows, a bigger contingent shows up to bitch about them actually liking and enjoying something.

And before people were on message boards doing this, they were doing it at school, work, other concerts. The fans are just as big of a reason for the band dropping off the radar as Axl hibernating for 15 years. Who the fuck wants to say they like a band when they'll get a giant shit storm of all the things that are terrible from people saying they love the band and music?

You mention GnR being "uncool" (to who and what does that mean?) and you now rip on Axl's clothes and videos from back in the day. Are you sure you are an Axl/GnR fan? Maybe you should go listen to some more "life sucks, save trees, respect all people, save Africa, help the poor" grunge crap. JFC give me a break. I'm sure some Kurt Cobain fan site exists.....enjoy it. Let us all know how it is......wait, we don't care.

INDEED

Glad you agree. Esp after reading 5 pages of people blasting Cobain. Some great shots (pun intended) taken.

Exactly. Now that I/we have done so (read the posts...watch Axl's destroying of Kurt rant) go listen to Smells like Teen Spirit or whatever.

Actually, I meant that you proved Stro's point.

You mention GnR being "uncool" (to who and what does that mean?) and you now rip on Axl's clothes and videos from back in the day. Are you sure you are an Axl/GnR fan? Maybe you should go listen to some more "life sucks, save trees, respect all people, save Africa, help the poor" grunge crap. JFC give me a break. I'm sure some Kurt Cobain fan site exists.....enjoy it. Let us all know how it is......wait, we don't care. Now I'm gonna go listen to PCity. It's a simple song about chicks, green grass and overall uplifting. Cobains people wouldn't like it or understand it.

Lol this post proves Stro's point

You mention GnR being "uncool" (to who and what does that mean?) and you now rip on Axl's clothes and videos from back in the day. Are you sure you are an Axl/GnR fan? Maybe you should go listen to some more "life sucks, save trees, respect all people, save Africa, help the poor" grunge crap. JFC give me a break. I'm sure some Kurt Cobain fan site exists.....enjoy it. Let us all know how it is......wait, we don't care. Now I'm gonna go listen to PCity. It's a simple song about chicks, green grass and overall uplifting. Cobains people wouldn't like it or understand it.

LOL. You don't get it. Well- a lot of us (AXL included) are on same page atleast.

Cobain was a nutjob :rofl-lol:

Good riddance to the piece of shit :D

One thing is (almost) for sure, I doubt either Kurt or Shannon would have got their band *mates* to sign a 'hand over the band name to me or else' contract prior to taking to the stage. I guess thats what separates Axl Rose from the rest.

One thing is certain: Axl never went to his bandmates after they hit it big and demanded that his royalties be increased from 33% to 75% and demanded that it be retroactive to the band's biggest moneymaking album, nearly causing the band to break up.

I guess that's what separates Kurt Cobain from the rest.

Boom! Snap! Hats off to you sir. I remember reading about this but wasn't sure about the specifics. So much for Kurt not caring for money and the rest of it... He was a fucken phoney.

Where the fuck is Vaida now?

Kurt was imo conflicted. That's what drove him to suicide. Conflicted about fame, status, money, courtey, nirvana, there's evidence for all that. He was controlling and paranoid and jealous person, much like axl. It's true he was embarased by money and didn't want to buy a fancy car or multiple houses.

Then again, courtney always wanted these things and may have convinced him to demand more money.... we all know her feelings on Dave. Also, come fucking on. Look at nirvana music. Lyrics, melodies, guitars, arrangements, vocals, song titles, album covers, the face of the band... ALL by Kurt. He deserves a wee bit more than one third

EXACTLY!!! Thats y i say fuck cobain!

Kurt Cobain killed himself because he didn't want his music turned into a ''corporate mechanism'' or whatever bullshit...

That dbag never understood that he was making a shitload of money and touring the world playing music..how many ppl dream of that?!?! Agaian...good riddance :rofl-lol:

LOL. You don't get it. Well- a lot of us (AXL included) are on same page atleast.

Not really, but whatever. It does prove his point regardless

Edited by WhazUp

Not really, but whatever. It does prove his point regardless

The rest of us will just side with Axl on this.

One thing is (almost) for sure, I doubt either Kurt or Shannon would have got their band *mates* to sign a 'hand over the band name to me or else' contract prior to taking to the stage. I guess thats what separates Axl Rose from the rest.

One thing is certain: Axl never went to his bandmates after they hit it big and demanded that his royalties be increased from 33% to 75% and demanded that it be retroactive to the band's biggest moneymaking album, nearly causing the band to break up.

Boom! Snap! Hats off to you sir. I remember reading about this but wasn't sure about the specifics. So much for Kurt not caring for money and the rest of it... He was a fucken phoney.

Kurt was imo conflicted. That's what drove him to suicide. Conflicted about fame, status, money, courtey, nirvana, there's evidence for all that. He was controlling and paranoid and jealous person, much like axl. It's true he was embarased by money and didn't want to buy a fancy car or multiple houses.

Then again, courtney always wanted these things and may have convinced him to demand more money.... we all know her feelings on Dave. Also, come fucking on. Look at nirvana music. Lyrics, melodies, guitars, arrangements, vocals, song titles, album covers, the face of the band... ALL by Kurt. He deserves a wee bit more than one third

Kurt Cobain killed himself because he didn't want his music turned into a ''corporate mechanism'' or whatever bullshit...

That dbag never understood that he was making a shitload of money and touring the world playing music..how many ppl dream of that?!?! Agaian...good riddance :rofl-lol:

He always had suicidal thoughts, not just because he "(didn't) want his music turned into a ''corporate mechanism'' or whatever bullshit...". Even in his teens he often thought about killing himself, long before Nirvana was even an idea. I highly, highly, doubt that'd be the only reason he'd kill himself.

Yeahhhh because the media at the time needed to look for more reasons to not like GnR so they looked at the fanbase(before the arrival of the internet too). We are to blame for the botched tours, 15 original songs in 20 years, rotating list of bandmembers, minimal communication, etc. Gotcha... Yep... Right.... Give me a break.

Edited by Young_Gun

He always had suicidal thoughts, not just because he "(didn't) want his music turned into a ''corporate mechanism'' or whatever bullshit...". Even in his teens he often thought about killing himself, long before Nirvana was even an idea. I highly, highly, doubt that'd be the only reason he'd kill himself.

Atleast he's gone. Other thread has a clip of what an ass he was.

The mods are going to laugh in your face. This is exactly what you've been asking for. Every post of yours has lowered this disucssion through personal insults, so that's exactly what you've earned. If you chose to express your disagreement with Cobain in any other terms I would not have stooped to your level. I'm no real fan of Cobain's or Nirvana's, and to say I'm somehow anti-Axl for calling you a dumbass for trolling Cobain is...that's just invisible-helicopters-drilling-into-my brain fantasy stupid. My problem is not your personal opinions of Kurt Cobain, it's that you are debasing this discussion through your constant trolling.

So go ahead and inform the mods.

The mods are going to laugh in your face. This is exactly what you've been asking for. Every post of yours has lowered this disucssion through personal insults, so that's exactly what you've earned. If you chose to express your disagreement with Cobain in any other terms I would not have stooped to your level. I'm no real fan of Cobain's or Nirvana's, and to say I'm somehow anti-Axl for calling you a dumbass for trolling Cobain is...that's just invisible-helicopters-drilling-into-my brain fantasy stupid. My problem is not your personal opinions of Kurt Cobain, it's that you are debasing this discussion through your constant trolling.

So go ahead and inform the mods.

Flay- if you don't like my rips of Cobain or Axls or other posters just move on. It's So Easy. Plenty of threads I don't read. I just think Axl is awesome and his destroying of Cobain so right on.

Edited by Snowmass

I mean, as far as the whole feud goes they both seemed pretty pathetic to me :/. Both were equally as petty and lame.

I just like how a thread that basically starts with Axl ripping Cobain (and we all toss in 2 cents) turns into a Snowmass sucks thread. Kind of speaks volumes to those 2 peeps.

:rolleyes:

I mean, as far as the whole feud goes they both seemed pretty pathetic to me :/. Both were equally as petty and lame.

I just like how a thread that basically starts with Axl ripping Cobain (and we all toss in 2 cents) turns into a Snowmass sucks thread. Kind of speaks volumes to those 2 peeps.

I just like how you're fine writing 10 posts calling Kurt Cobain talentless, a sellout, a loser, a pussy, an asshole, etc., but the moment you get called out on the same terms you've been throwing around, you cry about how you're going to tell the mods and whine about people hating you. If you want to talk shit about someone you better grow a thick enough skin to take it yourself. Now as for this thread, you didn't start to have any kind of civilized discussion. There already was one. You could've posted your video in that one if you wanted everyone to "toss in 2 cents." That's not what you wanted; you didn't like seeing people defend Cobain in the other thread, and you started this one in hopes of causing a shitfest where everybody else follows you in ripping on Kurt Cobain. And you reap exactly what you sow here; you wanted insults and nastiness, you just weren't so happy when it was you on the receiving end of them. If you wanted a real discussion, I'd have told you that yes, I do enjoy the hell out of that video, and think that Axl called out Cobain perfectly. But I laugh at the fact that you call Cobain an asshole for ripping on Axl when he didn't even know him at all, yet you're doing the exact same fucking thing to Kurt Cobain.

Edited by Flayer

I'm not sure how you got that I'm not a fan of Axl or GNR out of my post. The whole point was that responses like yours that dominate the conversations bum me out and make me embarrassed that GNR is my favorite band. Ridiculous hostility for no reason on every possible issue. I love Guns N' Roses. I love all those involved, new and old. I support all current and former members. When I was a kid, my favorite things in the world were pro wrestling, Power Rangers, Michael Jackson, Michael Jordan, and Guns N' Roses. I was a bit older and able to actually follow things when Rio 2001 happened and I've not stopped since. Most of my favorite things have changed, but GNR is still there. The band(s) and music has literally been in my life since I was an infant.

I support them all. I support their solo work and work in other bands. I support Axl AND Slash. I don't care who did what and who is or isn't a cancer. They're both awesome. And because of GNR I've been exposed to music that I other wise probably wouldn't have checked out like Bucket and Ron's solo stuff, Loaded, and even NIN via Robin and Brain. But, there are other bands and other styles of music that people can like without it having anything to do with GNR. I do like Nirvana. I also like Ice Cube. I like a lot of funk and Motown. That doesn't make me less of a fan of Guns in any way. Or anyone else.

I didn't even take a side on Axl or Kurt because I don't care at all. Regarding Axl's clothes and videos being ridiculous, even Axl will admit to those. Running shorts and combat boots is a ridiculous look. It doesn't mean I'm not a fan.

This thread has lowered my hope for humanity.

then dont fucking read it, dipshit. just because people express a different opinion to yours doesnt mean its "lowering humanity". fuck off to nirvana forums, there are full of pompous self-absorbed bastards like you and your idol.