Axl's voice on the new record

Guns n' Swedes

Considering the differing singin performances between 2010 and 2011 for example, I wonder how he will sound on the record if they start recording his voice now for example.

Can he "keep it up" in the studio and sound as good as he did in 2010? The scream in the "slash-jack daniels" video at the beginning of the 2011 tour was pretty good :)

Sorry bout this thread though, I'm just bored at work!

Considering the differing singin performances between 2010 and 2011 for example, I wonder how he will sound on the record if they start recording his voice now for example.

Can he "keep it up" in the studio and sound as good as he did in 2010? The scream in the "slash-jack daniels" video at the beginning of the 2011 tour was pretty good :)

Sorry bout this thread though, I'm just bored at work!

Depends on if it's 'new' or not. Is he gonna release already recorded stuff (that he needs to continually mix & twirk) or is he actually going to write and record? If he is planning on writing/recording truly new material....well, could be another 15 years. LOL

I think, if he records new vocals, he'll be fine. He won't be in the middle of a day-after-day tour in which he sings three hours a night. He still has some rasp live, but he has to choose where he wants to use it so it doesn't kill his voice for the rest of the night and the consecutive shows.

In the studio, he'll be able to record what he needs whenever he needs it. He'll be able to do multiple takes to ensure it's right. He'll be able to blend vocal tracks together to ensure it's right. There's a lot he can do.

I hope that Axl lays down some of that raspy goodness on the new record like he did for Angel Down.

Yeah he sounded great on Angel Down for sure, but I also loved his Chinese vocals, like the mixing of the more high, 'new' Axl clean voice with the rasp in the same verse, or vocal line like in Better for example.

Also, I felt like for Street Of Dreams, a clean vocal would probably have worked much better for the song, while in I.R.S the rasp could have been so much cooler.

It really depends to me on the song and what it asks, but I prefer a mix of all the Axl voices.

(I loved the 1999 Catcher super clean voice too but I'm a rasp lover at heart)

Edited by Rovim

He'll sound fucking awesome, it's Axl Rose. I'd rather hear him record all the tracks (assuming he uses things from over the last 15 years) in the space of a month or something so it's not as apparent how colossal the timeframe is, it'll have more cohesion even if he'd recorded a killer take of The General as it sounded in that clip.

He'll sound fucking awesome, it's Axl Rose. I'd rather hear him record all the tracks (assuming he uses things from over the last 15 years) in the space of a month or something so it's not as apparent how colossal the timeframe is, it'll have more cohesion even if he'd recorded a killer take of The General as it sounded in that clip.

What clip? There's a clip of Axl singing The General?