Robin's TIL solo

YOUCOULDBEMINE.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bumblefoot played the last solo in Estranged better than Slash.

Bumble plays everything better than Slash no matter what the material is

and Slash > Robin when it comes to SCOM :xmassrudolph:

No way

Axl has always been my favourite member of Guns N' Roses, but you're constant bashing of Slash is pathetic.

Axl has even acknowledged former members contributions to their success as a band so FFS give it a rest.

Playing and writing music are seperate things,Bumblefoot has yet to write anything near the scale of Estranged in Guns N' Roses.

Fool!

I don't understand people basing Slash.

80 % of the material they play at live show's is Slash's work, (when he was in the band) and It might sound better now, but it's easier to "cover" a song and tweak it a little with some shred and effects than actually write those songs.

Don't forget SCOM, NR, Don't Cry and Estranged has made the band as big as it is today and these songs have great contributions from Slash

Edited by keescas

Guest Len B'stard

I don't remember there being a solo in This I Love? :unsure: Didn't listen to it that much i suppose. No one does Slash's solos like Slash though. Robin was alright on em, good even but no one makes em quite ring out like Slash. The shred crap just ruins em, they're like...bluesy solos, you're supposed to make em sing not make em sound like some fuckin Nintendo bollocks.

Edited by sugaraylen

I don't remember there being a solo in This I Love? :unsure: Didn't listen to it that much i suppose.

Maybe you should give CD a chance :thumbsup:

80 % of the material they play at live show's is Slash's work

Slash didn't write much. He added a few solos to existing songs written by others.

Still, all these great songs have great solo's, how they perform them now, are not that much different than how they are recorded then.

(other than Finck's NR solo at Rio2001 wich i love btw)

What I'm saying just let all the current players create some more memorable solo's/songs before we start such a discussion and respect Slash some more since he helped create what we've come to love

And btw, Slash has made huge contributions to Estranged, NR and SCOM and that just the singles.

Edited by keescas

Slash didn't write much. He added a few solos to existing songs written by others.

that's not exactly true, is it? :huh:

He DID add a lot of b*lls to the songs with his playing. Changed the riffs, made things heavier in general, and that made all the difference.

He didn't write on 5 of AFD's songs, but Axl himself said It's So Easy was basically this hippie sing along thing until Slash came in and basically tore the song a new hole, yet he's not in the writing credits. That's probably not the only song where that happened.

that's not exactly true, is it? :huh:

He DID add a lot of b*lls to the songs with his playing. Changed the riffs, made things heavier in general, and that made all the difference.

He didn't write on 5 of AFD's songs, but Axl himself said It's So Easy was basically this hippie sing along thing until Slash came in and basically tore the song a new hole, yet he's not in the writing credits. That's probably not the only song where that happened.

Exactly... a punk-ish song being a hippie sing along thing. Havent heard those yet.

80 % of the material they play at live show's is Slash's work, (when he was in the band) and It might sound better now, but it's easier to "cover" a song and tweak it a little with some shred and effects than actually write those songs.

Don't forget SCOM, NR, Don't Cry and Estranged has made the band as big as it is today and these songs have great contributions from Slash

Hey everybody, we've got a winner over here! What could I do without your knowledge?

Guest Len B'stard
Maybe you should give CD a chance

Oh i did, believe me. For six months solid :lol: And i'd been listening to the leaks pretty steady since way back, i think it's just testament to how un-memorable i thought TIL was. Other than that i thought it was a pretty good album. I think TIL was the only song on it that i really skipped after a couple of listens.

Slash is the only member that almost all the fans wanted back. Why?

Because of his writing skills? Not really...

For his ability, charisma & chemistry with Axl on live performances? Surely.

Axl had a special stage chemistry with Slash, when he tries to tell us otherwise he's being delusional - as simple as that.

Slash is the only member that almost all the fans wanted back. Why?

Because of his writing skills? Not really...

For his ability, charisma & chemistry with Axl on live performances? Surely.

Axl had a special stage chemistry with Slash, when he tries to tell us otherwise he's being delusional - as simple as that.

How was Slash charasmatic? He is one of the most boring live guitarists I've ever seen. The only time he gets interesting is when he fucks up or drools.

I think you have Axl mistaken for Slash.

I think you are greatly undermining Slash's contributions, he did a lot more than just "add a few solos". I know you aren't the biggest Slash fan and that's cool, but he really did contribute a lot more than that

Edited by WhazUp

I think you are greatly undermining Slash's contributions, he did a lot more than just "add a few solos". I know you aren't the biggest Slash fan and that's cool, but he really did contribute a lot more than that

Maybe he was in a better mood?

Someone asked DJ himself he played the solo differently and because he felt the solo wouldn't translate well live. He wanted to make it more suitable for a live setting.

Yeah I remember someone mentioning that. I think DJ overall is well adjusted to GNR and played TIL pretty well this last tour. I wasn't so sure about him in 09 but he has improved on the solo a lot since then

Edited by WhazUp

I just want to take a moment and rejoice that this forum, much as I sometimes get annoyed with a few people on it, did not actually die. I thought it might have. I've had first-hand experiences with a few cases of Sudden Forum Death Syndrome.

Edited by Flayer