Official Website

Spirit

This just popped into my mind. What if they were to release a new album on the website for purchase? That'll be a very good reason to start up a new website and to not have to use a record label to release it. Let's face it, nobody buys CD's anymore, so GN'R going a more digital approach is a great way to get music out to their fans faster and safer. No trying to fuck Axl over for a reunion bullshit, just release an ablum for digital download and let people download away!

They can't just do that because they have a record contract.

But no record.

yao-ming-meme.jpg

• Replies 802
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This just popped into my mind. What if they were to release a new album on the website for purchase? That'll be a very good reason to start up a new website and to not have to use a record label to release it. Let's face it, nobody buys CD's anymore, so GN'R going a more digital approach is a great way to get music out to their fans faster and safer. No trying to fuck Axl over for a reunion bullshit, just release an ablum for digital download and let people download away!

They can't just do that because they have a record contract.

But no record.

yao-ming-meme.jpg

I think Axl's got the material for a record, but I think the label will just keep holding out and fucking with him in an attempt to get him to reunite with Slash. It's all about making the most money for the label.

Wow, who ever is running this site certainly likes to throw things out piece by piece. There are so many questions that aren't even close to be answered that makes it a little difficult to decide whether it's worth signing up. Here's a few just off the top of my head:

1) Is the subscription price a yearly price or a one time thing?

2) If it's a yearly price, will I get another t-shirt/laminate or is there a lower renewal fee possible?

3) What does the t-shirt, laminate, bandana look like?

4) Is it a one-sized fits all shirt or is it possible to get a different size?

5) Will the presales occur at the same time as other presales or will they take precedent?

6) Will presale tickets be the best in house or will they be, like most presales, not the best seats?

7) What exactly is the exclusive content. I know it's impossible to outline everything, but could they at least give a few examples.

8) Again, at least some indication of what the points can be redeemed for would be nice (other than just saying that they'll be awesome).

9) Are most of the exclusive offers only available for US residents? What about international, or in my case, Canadian fans?

10) Will band members be visiting the fan community for chats or will it be strictly fan driven?

11) What if Axl and the band decides to take an extended break (a la 1994-2001, 2002-2006), what's the incentive to join or renew membership if the band decides to lay low for several years?

Moreover, why not give people a chance to receive a 3-day or so guest pass to see what's behind the curtain.

It's an interesting concept, but so vague on details that it's tough to say if it'll be worth it, especially if we don't know if it's a one time fee or will it be a yearly subscription.

Cheers,

Andrew

give it time andrew

this is fucking momentous by gnrs standard, and almost a miracle that its got so many features already so wait till they iron out all the kinks and then we'll take it from there.

Wow, who ever is running this site certainly likes to throw things out piece by piece. There are so many questions that aren't even close to be answered that makes it a little difficult to decide whether it's worth signing up. Here's a few just off the top of my head:

1) Is the subscription price a yearly price or a one time thing?

2) If it's a yearly price, will I get another t-shirt/laminate or is there a lower renewal fee possible?

3) What does the t-shirt, laminate, bandana look like?

4) Is it a one-sized fits all shirt or is it possible to get a different size?

5) Will the presales occur at the same time as other presales or will they take precedent?

6) Will presale tickets be the best in house or will they be, like most presales, not the best seats?

7) What exactly is the exclusive content. I know it's impossible to outline everything, but could they at least give a few examples.

8) Again, at least some indication of what the points can be redeemed for would be nice (other than just saying that they'll be awesome).

9) Are most of the exclusive offers only available for US residents? What about international, or in my case, Canadian fans?

10) Will band members be visiting the fan community for chats or will it be strictly fan driven?

11) What if Axl and the band decides to take an extended break (a la 1994-2001, 2002-2006), what's the incentive to join or renew membership if the band decides to lay low for several years?

Moreover, why not give people a chance to receive a 3-day or so guest pass to see what's behind the curtain.

It's an interesting concept, but so vague on details that it's tough to say if it'll be worth it, especially if we don't know if it's a one time fee or will it be a yearly subscription.

Cheers,

Andrew

well done andrew!!! also can someone please explain to me why it will cost me money to hang out on that forum......

Especially with the gunners making solo arrangements I'm sure something was figured out.

I don't see how the other members doing their solo stuff for a couple months means that things are underway for Gn'R?

Means that they were given the go-ahead. So no recording will be going on. Perhaps some final mastering and album out in time for EU festivals!!!

Especially with the gunners making solo arrangements I'm sure something was figured out.

I don't see how the other members doing their solo stuff for a couple months means that things are underway for Gn'R?

Means that they were given the go-ahead. So no recording will be going on. Perhaps some final mastering and album out in time for EU festivals!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HY-03vYYAjA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HY-03vYYAjA

I miss the 80s!!! Watch tho...

That's even more optimism and wishful thinking than I used to put out. Well done!

We can only hope. :shrugs:

give it time andrew

this is fucking momentous by gnrs standard, and almost a miracle that its got so many features already so wait till they iron out all the kinks and then we'll take it from there.

But this is exactly the problem. GNR isn't a band that you want to give too much time to if you're paying them $30-$50 just to be part of the fan club/online community.

I don't mind that not all the features are fully operational, but they could at very least answer some rather obvious questions as it pertains to costs, benefits and conditions. At the very least, is it a one-time fee or a yearly subscription? Since I'd mostly be signing up for the merch and possible access to presales, what exactly does the merch look like and am I going to have access before other presales. These are big questions that I would think someone would want answered before shipping off $50 to sign up.

History has shown there's always kinks with this band. I want to know before I drop $50 that such kinks won't get ironed out on Axl's normal timeline.

I'm not trying to rain on people's excitement, because truth be told, I'm pretty close to signing up myself. Just asking for a little more clarification to the program at hand.

Cheers,

Andrew

Site looks good! Bout time too, hopefully they will add more sections like band bios and other features but I'm happy with it as is. Nothing was worse than the old website that was around for years....

Yep i agree completely...

btw

http://www.gunsnroses.com/bio :thumbsup:

Too cool. Strange thing though, do you have to be a paying member to be active on their forum? If that is the case, it's a joke..

Site looks good! Bout time too, hopefully they will add more sections like band bios and other features but I'm happy with it as is. Nothing was worse than the old website that was around for years....

Yep i agree completely...

btw

http://www.gunsnroses.com/bio :thumbsup:

Too cool. Strange thing though, do you have to be a paying member to be active on their forum? If that is the case, it's a joke..

For now, if im not wrong, yes, u have to pay, and u get some things with that... i hope in the future the forum is free :thumbsup: (it should be)