Official Website

Spirit

no, it's because of axl's luxurious lifestyle and the fact that he can only fill arenas to about half of their capacity in the US these days since he's hell bent on touring this afd tribute band around instead of the guys who actually created the music.

Jealous ?

Hating Axl ?

Hating the new band ?

(Hating me ? :rofl-lol: )

I don't see the problem... enjoy the things that are for free and be creative for the things that you don't wanna pay for !

• Replies 802
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I do agree that right now it seems you don't get much for the $50, but like others have pointed out, nobody is forcing you to pay. I know I'm waiting. Lots of bands charge for membership packs like this. AC/DC does, KISS does for the KISS Army memberships, and so on. If they add more perks then it'll probably be worth it. If not, then don't join. Simple.

I guess certain folks here can quit calling Slash a "sell out".

He's still a sellout no matter what anybody else does.

Anything constructive you would like to add to the thread? If not go cupcake somewhere else.

I thought you were better than that...actually no i didn't

Funny 'Cano. You are so oh so constructive and your posts are so enlightening to us. :rolleyes:

GUYS YOU AREN'T GOING TO BELIEVE THIS!!

I was just out in public and there were places ALL over with products and services inside. But here's the kicker; THEY WERE CHARGING FOR EVERYTHING! What. The. Fuck?? I plan to go to a forum dedicated to each store and bitch about it, that's for certain!

I do agree that right now it seems you don't get much for the $50, but like others have pointed out, nobody is forcing you to pay. I know I'm waiting. Lots of bands charge for membership packs like this. AC/DC does, KISS does for the KISS Army memberships, and so on. If they add more perks then it'll probably be worth it. If not, then don't join. Simple.

+1 I wait with you...and if it appears ok later I will pay...if not...no big deal.

This is all about Demand and Supply (correct use of words?).

Nobody can or should claim things from Axl/GNR/this site/ others.

Nobody is entitled to whatever....

Well...not completely true... everybody can claim an opinion and has the right to talk about it... but please think first...then talk :tongue2:

Some time ago, the internet discovered that offering a basic free service to all with a premium subscription service on top for those who want bonus features was perhaps the best way to run a website. I don't have a major problem with charging a subscription fee (especially with it being positioned as a fan club membership), but the way it's set up now is kind of silly (ie. I can't even look at my own profile). The GNR site has only just gone up so I would expect changes to be coming. If they want my opinion, open up the forum for free, add some additional bonuses that are actually worth something for members, and everybody's happy.

Wouldn't surprise me if this happens at some point.

GUYS YOU AREN'T GOING TO BELIEVE THIS!!

I was just out in public and there were places ALL over with products and services inside. But here's the kicker; THEY WERE CHARGING FOR EVERYTHING! What. The. Fuck?? I plan to go to a forum dedicated to each store and bitch about it, that's for certain!

+1

How much explanation do all complainers need ?

Only arguments they have is " Other bands do this"..."I cannot afford it" ...."You don't get anything for that high amount"..."Axl is rich already"..."Axl needs the money"..."I don't pay for hired guns"...

All this doesn't make sense at all and is a kinda childish....sorry...no offence ofcourse.

Edited by avahland

I wonder how many free memberships they issued so that folks would come on these boards and create hype so the masses would join? :rolleyes:

just a few days ago, rustcb was mentioning that someone was sending him messages on the site, and avahland was saying it was him because he was one of their "20 premium members" or something like that. Then yesterday, rustcb announced on these forums that he was now a member. and then we have this

Wow, they've done a great job with the new website! Premium membership it is!!!

Now this is what I call a positive reaction... like we all should be !

fishy.

Edited by nonlinear

I wonder how many free memberships they issued so that folks would come on these boards and create hype so the masses would join? :rolleyes:

just a few days ago, rustcb was mentioning that someone was sending him messages on the site, and avahland was saying it was him because he was one of their "20 premium members" or something like that. Then yesterday, rustcb announced on these forums that he was now a member. and then we have this

fishy.

:rofl-lol:

Somebody is paying attention here...so...indeed...there was at least 1 that I know off :rofl-lol:

fishy.

Somebody is paying attention here...so...indeed...there was at least 1 that I know off :rofl-lol:

So are you confirming that some members were given free memberships to the official site?

fishy.

So are you confirming that some members were given free memberships to the official site?

Hahahaha....W O W. You guys have some of the most wildly active imaginations I've ever, EVER seen or heard of.

Thanks for the bullshit accusation but get a gander at this:

x3ydmt.jpg

YEP. That's from my email in box showing how much I PAID for my Nightrain Premium Membership.

Yes...oops....no...serious...I don't know about free memberships...and I don't have one for sure. I already asked for a pic of the shirt that members become. And no...I don't have the cheaper membership either.

No...it was just a sick joke. The things that you refer to were during the (very short) time that the site was still under construction. My account is closed...but not dead yet. In the media/video section everyone can add comments on the vids...and I still earned points by adding comments but they are useless.

Hahahaha....W O W. You guys have some of the most wildly active imaginations I've ever, EVER seen or heard of.

x3ydmt.jpg

YEP. That's from my email in box showing how much I PAID for my Nightrain Premium Membership.

Thanks for confirming... I denied all but before we know they start a conspiracy theory....and they still can ! :rofl-lol:

(ie. I can't even look at my own profile).

U can still check your profile without paying anything :thumbsup:

checking is still posibble....but much more can't be done without paying.

Hopefully they will add some features for us greedy fans later :violin:

x3ydmt.jpg

Do you have a pic of the shirt that you will get ?

Well, there's a page we can access that sort of looks like a profile or overview page. But if you click on "View My Profile", it says "Membership Required. The page you are trying to access requires a membership." So I don't know, maybe clicking on that would only bring us to the same overview page anyway, I don't know. It's just weird.

checking is still posibble....but much more can't be done without paying.

Hopefully they will add some features for us greedy fans later :violin:

x3ydmt.jpg

Do you have a pic of the shirt that you will get ?

No, there's no pic of it, the bandana or the laminate that I've seen so far.