2/10 - New York (Roseland Ballroom) updates

Tyler Drama

This thread needs an enema. I just want to read about the show, not the usual inane banter from the usual armchair quarterbacking wannabe managers.

+1000

Totally agree, I wanna read some reviews of forum members, but in 44 pages is imposible to find 1.

Here's your review for fuck's sake:

- Not sold out

- Poor setlist

- Axl's vocals were not turned up enough

- Mickey Mouse was in the house

- Nothing new, different, extraordinary from these shows, and certainly nothing 'up close and personal' about them, unless you consider a 2,500 capacity venue close and personal.

STFU cupcake :fuckyou:

truth is the truth hurts dont you agree?

ORLY?!

bitch please!

• Replies 779
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guys this isnt the chinese democracy tour, so dont be too disheartened by the lower amount of CD songs.

That is hardly an excuse.

Depends what happens in the future,

loads of festivals in europe, so i dunno.

If they secretly have things planned for the future, that's great. But I don't see the sense in only playing four songs from the most recent album.

Throw in Scraped and If The World as staples, along with the occasional I.R.S., TWAT, or Catcher and a lot of people around here, myself included, would be extremely happy.

Do you really think people left that show and where like,

"wow, ive heard all those songs live before, what a waste of a night!" or, "wow, that was boring, those guys played the hell out of the set list, but nothing new, i'll never see them again."

Black Sabbath, I appreciate your contributions on this forum. But seriously, who gives a fuck about what makes you happy when you are sitting at home, and there are actually people AT the shows having an amazing time. Stop acting like a cry baby.

I'm a crybaby. Right. That's why I paid $250 to go to the Atlantic City show on the 24th, along with 3 other shows on the last leg. Right.

better you than me - your a much better fan than I am though I have been a fan of the band since 87 - I just don't get what Axl's been up to the last 12 yrs - only way I'm dropping $250 to treck all the way down to AC to see this band is if Axl is playing w/ Slash, Duff, Izzy and Steve.......call me a crybaby asshole and any other name you can think of all you want, I've been called worse

You mad bro?

Guys this isnt the chinese democracy tour, so dont be too disheartened by the lower amount of CD songs.

That is hardly an excuse.

Depends what happens in the future,

loads of festivals in europe, so i dunno.

If they secretly have things planned for the future, that's great. But I don't see the sense in only playing four songs from the most recent album.

Throw in Scraped and If The World as staples, along with the occasional I.R.S., TWAT, or Catcher and a lot of people around here, myself included, would be extremely happy.

Do you really think people left that show and where like,

"wow, ive heard all those songs live before, what a waste of a night!" or, "wow, that was boring, those guys played the hell out of the set list, but nothing new, i'll never see them again."

Black Sabbath, I appreciate your contributions on this forum. But seriously, who gives a fuck about what makes you happy when you are sitting at home, and there are actually people AT the shows having an amazing time. Stop acting like a cry baby.

I'm a crybaby. Right. That's why I paid $250 to go to the Atlantic City show on the 24th, along with 3 other shows on the last leg. Right.

better you than me - your a much better fan than I am though I have been a fan of the band since 87 - I just don't get what Axl's been up to the last 12 yrs - only way I'm dropping $250 to treck all the way down to AC to see this band is if Axl is playing w/ Slash, Duff, Izzy and Steve.......call me a crybaby asshole and any other name you can think of all you want, I've been called worse

You mad bro?

I think so. He will save $250 for a lifetime though. :tongue2:

This posted yet? Another terrific review,and this time it's from Rolling Stone.Nice.

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/guns-n-roses-kick-off-2012-tour-with-epic-new-york-club-show-20120211

Good find! Thanks. It is a really good review, I hope they post a link on their facebook. I like the props Better and Maddy get. :thumbsup:

It seems like the biggest deal is the Ritz being renamed the Ritz for one night for GNR. I would expect if any new song would be played it would be then. If not... Oh well...

Let's be real. They won't. Shit is CHANGE THE DAMN SETLIST. Play different songs instead of fucking subtracting them. For fuck's sake! They took out CD! WTF?! If they played the EXACT same setlist as the last tour, it'd be MUCH better than this shit!

This posted yet? Another terrific review,and this time it's from Rolling Stone.Nice.

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/guns-n-roses-kick-off-2012-tour-with-epic-new-york-club-show-20120211

Good find! Thanks. It is a really good review, I hope they post a link on their facebook. I like the props Better and Maddy get. :thumbsup:

Yeah,I liked that part,too.Regardless of most peoples opinion,I absolutely love "Madagascar",and the rest of the album for that matter.A shame Street Of Dreams wasnt played,though.That song belongs in the setlist as much as ANYTHING off Appetite.

The thing is if Axl hadn't told us that he had spent all that time working on multiple albums then we wouldn't care but his plan was: album>tour (when that has run it's course), album>tour, album>tour (etc). He said this but he keeps leaving out the album part so it is just tour>tour>tour and I don't think any of us (especially the ones of us who have been fans since the beginning) want to deal with the fucking wait again. It is ridiculous. As a longtime fan I want him to either say "Yes, when I am not touring I am trying to put the new record together" or "I've decided to just hit the road from time to time for cash and nostalgia's sake". I am fine with either one - all he has to do is say it. There is no reason to keep it a secret or not talk to the press. Fucking make music or don't but TELL US which one you have decided so we can make a decision for ourselves to treat the band as relevant (worthy of following on a daily or weekly basis) or irrelevant (might go see if a friend tells me he has an extra ticket).

The videos I've watched are really cool so far. Axl sounds on par with the end of 2011 and it's neat seeing the stage so compressed. I'm surprised they still have the video screen!

I'm a little disappointed with the lack of Chinese Democracy opening. I just love the way that flows into Jungle. I also missed the placement of the Jungle scream that Axl was doing in 2011 where it was during the second half of the intro instead of the first half (so the scream leads right up to the pyro hit/main riff). Of course there was no pyro either. Kind of neat to see hear. I suppose I'm just nitpicking about the scream. The set list seems solid enough. Hopefully it gets mixed up a little bit, but I bet this show was awesome for those there. I'd love to see the stripped down show like this live.

Lemme ask you all this - if YOU released an album that was crapped on by everybody from music journalists to your own diehard fans....

Would YOU be eager to release a follow-up?

If I were in charge of such an amazing line-up as this one, I'd try to release as many albums as possible with them.

The thing is if Axl hadn't told us that he had spent all that time working on multiple albums then we wouldn't care but his plan was: album>tour (when that has run it's course), album>tour, album>tour (etc). He said this but he keeps leaving out the album part so it is just tour>tour>tour and I don't think any of us (especially the ones of us who have been fans since the beginning) want to deal with the fucking wait again. It is ridiculous. As a longtime fan I want him to either say "Yes, when I am not touring I am trying to put the new record together" or "I've decided to just hit the road from time to time for cash and nostalgia's sake". I am fine with either one - all he has to do is say it. There is no reason to keep it a secret or not talk to the press. Fucking make music or don't but TELL US which one you have decided so we can make a decision for ourselves to treat the band as relevant (worthy of following on a daily or weekly basis) or irrelevant (might go see if a friend tells me he has an extra ticket).

amen

amen

THIS.

01. Welcome To The Jungle

02. It's So Easy

03. Mr. Brownstone

04. Estranged

05. Rocket Queen

06. This I Love

07. Fortus solo (James Bond Theme)

08. Live And Let Die

09. Sorry

10. You Could Be Mine