2/10 - New York (Roseland Ballroom) updates

Tyler Drama

Honestly guys I went in expecting no surprises and no new songs. I lowered my expectations for that after the way the whole tour went in 2011 so I didn't care. It was just a gear show being on the floor 20 feet from Axl. Now if I got that setlist at a larger arena in the nosebleeds I'd probably be more pissed but I looked at this concert solely for the experience of being there in a smaller venue. I guess that's why I was disappointed most by the lack of interaction from Axl with the audience.

Yeah, he doesn't have to rant or anything, but just say something. I wasn't expecting a new song, but some different songs maybe and mostly, since it's a small venue/party thingie, fkn talk to the crowd.

You misread the tour name...its 'up close and not personal'. Axl, take a lesson from Metallica, a real band.

:sleeper: :sleeper:

• Replies 779
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Honestly guys I went in expecting no surprises and no new songs. I lowered my expectations for that after the way the whole tour went in 2011 so I didn't care. It was just a gear show being on the floor 20 feet from Axl. Now if I got that setlist at a larger arena in the nosebleeds I'd probably be more pissed but I looked at this concert solely for the experience of being there in a smaller venue. I guess that's why I was disappointed most by the lack of interaction from Axl with the audience.

Yeah, he doesn't have to rant or anything, but just say something. I wasn't expecting a new song, but some different songs maybe and mostly, since it's a small venue/party thingie, fkn talk to the crowd.

You misread the tour name...its 'up close and not personal'. Axl, take a lesson from Metallica, a real band.

metallica-rules-shut-up-beavis-thumb.jpg

Not sure if anybody posted this yet.A pretty good review,though this person clearly doesn't care for Chinese Democracy.Pssh.Idiot.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/02/13/arts/music/guns-n-roses-on-stage-in-unchanging-fashion.html?_r=1&ref=music

The first half of it before the actual song review was condescending as all hell. I'm trying to figure out whether Stacey likes GnR but has to pretend to be dismissive for her publication, or if she hates them but feels like she has to throw them a bone.

I've only heard Civil War from this gig, and from what I could hear Axl is worse vocally now than on the last tour... I guess he wants to sing with this mickey mouse voice, and thats ok of course but persnally i prefere when he sings more like he did in 2010. I think the mickey mouse voice sound stupid.

I've only heard Civil War from this gig, and from what I could hear Axl is worse vocally now than on the last tour... I guess he wants to sing with this mickey mouse voice, and thats ok of course but persnally i prefere when he sings more like he did in 2010. I think the mickey mouse voice sound stupid.

Listenign to nightrai now, and it sounds good :)

*sigh* what gives you the impression that he is doing it on purpose? One's voice quality is not always in one's control (speaking from the perspective of someone who has to sing in two weeks but has completely lost her voice due to a stupid cold... <_<)

CA$H and GRAB tour 2012 *yawn*

Interesting concept. Aren't most tours by every artists meant to create revenue and hence, in your derogatory term, "cash and grab" tours? Or are you going to claim that Guns N' Roses has less artistic objectives for touring than, say, AC/DC or Iron Maiden when they tour more than 3 years after their latest release? Is there something inherently more greedy about Guns N' Roses touring 3,5 years after their latest release than when other bands do it? Isn't the only difference the fact that you are very disappointed because you expected or wanted more for this tour more and hence you lash out against the band in bitterness? Or do you really refer to almost every other tour that other bands do, "cash and grab" tours as well?

I love Guns N Roses as much as the next fan but they have been playing the same songs for over 10 years, I think Im just saying what some fans are thinking- please dont just shoot people down who have a different opinion to you

Thank you Axl Rose for the big surprises at this show.

Did Axl say anything about there being "big surprises" at this show?

Does every other band operating on the scene shower their audience with magical surprises at every show? I would guess not. Perhaps Guns fans could stop acting like this is a major tragedy.

All tours are basically a cash grab. In spite of you people that say artists play music for themselves and dont care about money, people want to get paid.

Yes, sometimes artists that are already RICH will put out music for free. And it is easy to say "we make music for ourselves and hope the fans like it. We don't do it for the fame and money"......when you have 10 million in the bank already.

People aren't saying this is a cash grab specifically because of this your. They are saying it because Axl has decided to take his cover band on the road again, playing songs that this band didn't create, rather than going to the studio and creating their own music.

And stop with the 3 years stuff.

I saw GnR in 2002. They played four CD songs. That was TEN years ago.

GnR has put out one new album in the last 15 years.

The current band hasn't created new music. And with another year of touring planned, a new album probably isn't coming in the next 2-3 years.

Those are the facts.

A few of you think that is awesome and a perfect way for Axl to run GnR. Then there is the rest of the music world that think it is ridiculous and a joke.

GnR could easily be as big as van halen and metallica right now. They could produce hits, sell millions, sell out shows, they have the talent to easily do that. But you guys are satisfied with a cover band playing to 6000 people a night, playing the old bands songs for the next decade.

Edited by Groghan

GnR could easily be as big as van halen and metallica right now. They could produce hits, sell millions, sell out shows, they have the talent to easily do that. But you guys are satisfied with a cover band playing to 6000 people a night, playing the old bands songs for the next decade.

Yeah. So?

Edited by Flayer

Does every other band operating on the scene shower their audience with magical surprises at every show? I would guess not. Perhaps Guns fans could stop acting like this is a major tragedy.

No, he doens't. But i'm tired of the fucking same thing every year.

if he was playing songs like TWAT, Prostitute or Catcher, i'd shut up. But he is playing the same 5 or 6 songs from Chinese every show.

The changes in the setlists are always related to old songs.

No, every other band operating on the scene just puts out new music and keeps their fans updated on what they are doing. Two things GnR seems to not care about doing.

All tours are basically a cash grab. In spite of you people that say artists play music for themselves and dont care about money, people want to get paid.

Yes, sometimes artists that are already RICH will put out music for free. And it is easy to say "we make music for ourselves and hope the fans like it. We don't do it for the fame and money"......when you have 10 million in the bank already.

People aren't saying this is a cash grab specifically because of this your. They are saying it because Axl has decided to take his cover band on the road again, playing songs that this band didn't create, rather than going to the studio and creating their own music.

The current band hasn't created new music. And with another year of touring planned, a new album probably isn't coming in the next 2-3 years.

Those are the facts.

A few of you think that is awesome and a perfect way for Axl to run GnR. Then there is the rest of the music world that think it is ridiculous and a joke.

Yes I understand all of that in regards to fans' frustration but I think "CA$H and GRAB tour 2012 *yawn*" is badly worded and should be called out upon due to its vague implications. If the person that wrote that had expanded on what he/she ment in the first place I don't think anyone would have minded as much.

The whining that some of you are doing is absolutely ridiculous.

If you want to go to a show, go. Want to stay at home because you don't care for the set list? Fine, but don't act like its the end of the world.

lol this. The fatalistic view points that springs about here after EVERY gig are kinda funny though.

Edited by KiraMPD

Those are the facts.

Did bobbo hacked your account? :question:

Don't know if someone put this up.. but this is the Official Set list:

Welcome to the Jungle

It's So Easy

Mr. Brownstone

Estranged

Rocket Queen

Sorry

You Could Be Mine

Better

This I Love

DJ Ashba Guitar Solo

(Ballad of Death)

Sweet Child O' Mine

Instrumental Jam

(Another Brick In The Wall: Part 2)

Axl Rose Piano Solo

November Rain

Civil War

Whole Lotta Rosie

(AC/DC cover)

Knockin' On Heaven's Door

(Bob Dylan cover)

Nightrain

Encore:

Madagascar

Don't Cry

Motivation

(Tommy Stinson song)

Patience

Paradise City

videos:

NIGHTRAIN

Edited by jimmyfos

Yeah. So?

Yeah, so? Seriously?

What ever floats your boat.

If you are happy seeing Axl and his cover band live off of playing other people's music for decades at a time, then more power to you.

Me? I've been a fan of Axl for probably longer than you have been alive. I think he is one of the greatest rock singers in the history of music. I also love the current band.

As a fan of music, and a die-hard fan of Axl, I would love to see this band put out new music. It would make the band relevant again. Fans would get more music. Everybody wins.

You are happy with Axl sucking the teat of slash/Duff and Izzy. I'm not.

GnR fans are crazy. The only fans I know who bash other fans who want to hear their favorite band create music. Strangest thing ever. Wanting a band to create music.....somehow that's a bad thing on this forum.

It has nothing to do with "staying home" or "going out" to see the band live. Even the people doing the most complaining (well, most of them) understand that most bands don't do radically different setlists every night. (If this is all you're interested in, go see Phish or Pearl Jam).

It has to do with the fact that Axl fought so hard to keep GNR going, then refuses to actually progress this band and move it forward. GNR circa 2012 has so much talent, it's a damn shame that they don't release new music. We know the names of many unreleased songs. They have been mentioned by Axl himself, with enthusiasm. Anyone who has actually heard them says they are great, so I don't really buy the theory that they just don't have any good songs in the bank.

If they all suck, then get into the studio and record some new ones. If you're not ready for a new album, release a single. If you're not ready for a single, leak a couple of old tracks. If you don't want to do that either, at least TALK TO THE FANS and let us know what we CAN reasonably expect.

This ain't rocket science, folks.

The show was AMAZING!! It was my first time seeing GNR and they did not disappoint at all! House lights went down at exactly 11:30 and show ended at 2:10am, so a 2hr40min show. Axls voice sounded great and there was a ton of energy from both the band and the crowd. I was 2nd row almost dead center, and it was an absolutely insane show. This is the setlist from last night.

01. Welcome To The Jungle

02. It's So Easy

03. Mr. Brownstone

04. Estranged

05. Rocket Queen

06. This I Love

07. Richard Fortus Jam - James Bond Theme

08. Live And Let Die

09. Sorry

10. You Could Be Mine

11. Better

12. DJ Ashba Jam - Ballad Of Death

13. Sweet Child Of Mine

14. Another Brick In The Wall Jam

15. November Rain

16. Ron "Bumblefoot" Thall Jam- Pink Panther Theme

17. Whole Lotta Rosie

18. Civil War

19. Knockin On Heavens Door

20. Nightrain

-----Encore-----

21. Instrumental Jam #1

22. Madagascar

23. Don't Cry

24. Motivation (Tommy Stinson on Vocals)

25. Instrumental Jam #2

26. Patience

27. Instrumental Jam #3

28. Paradise City

We also sang happy birthday to Axl, don't remember where in the show that happened though...

Yeah. So?

Yeah, so? Seriously?

What ever floats your boat.

If you are happy seeing Axl and his cover band live off of playing other people's music for decades at a time, then more power to you.

Me? I've been a fan of Axl for probably longer than you have been alive. I think he is one of the greatest rock singers in the history of music. I also love the current band.

As a fan of music, and a die-hard fan of Axl, I would love to see this band put out new music. It would make the band relevant again. Fans would get more music. Everybody wins.

You are happy with Axl sucking the teat of slash/Duff and Izzy. I'm not.

GnR fans are crazy. The only fans I know who bash other fans who want to hear their favorite band create music. Strangest thing ever. Wanting a band to create music.....somehow that's a bad thing on this forum.

We all want the band to create new music, but there is no need to come here everyday to bash their live performances, setlist and everything else with so much ANGER some posters here do... (not talking about u exaclty) everytime they take some time off i really really hope they make some new music, but at the same level im happy with them being active... was really hard to stay firm when there were no signs of GnR for so many years...

The show was AMAZING!! It was my first time seeing GNR and they did not disappoint at all! House lights went down at exactly 11:30 and show ended at 2:10am, so a 2hr40min show. Axls voice sounded great and there was a ton of energy from both the band and the crowd. I was 2nd row almost dead center, and it was an absolutely insane show. This is the setlist from last night.

We also sang happy birthday to Axl, don't remember where in the show that happened though...

Sounds awesome, glad you enjoyed. I had my first show on the 2011 tour a few months ago, 2nd row experience too (gave the first row spot to this hot blond chick who was also having a first time seeing them). Congratulations on losing your GnR virginity.

No, every other band operating on the scene just puts out new music and keeps their fans updated on what they are doing. Two things GnR seems to not care about doing.

Your answer is entirely unrelated to what I asked. Your grievances about lack of updating or releasing new music have nothing to do with the songs played at the show so why are they relevant in this thread?

What are you so horribly in the dark about right now with the supposed lack of updates? The band has announced a string of shows in the near future and that's what they're doing. Band members use twitter to communicate with the fans here and there, there are occasional interviews here and there, so why act like there's a black hole of emptiness that we fans are dealing with at this time?

There have been several interviews which have reiterated that the band DOES want to release new music and the indications are that Axl wants a good arrangement with the record company to get things in order. Since he doesn't control the universe, it seems clear that GN'R is not having the success they want with securing such an arrangement and that would explain the delay with he next album. In the meantime, isn't it a good thing that we have shows and opportunities for fans to see the band live? I dont see what the doom and gloom is about.

No, Groghan. We don't bash you for wanting to hear new GnR songs. We'd all love to see that. In fact, no one is bashing you at all. You're just upset we're not ranting along with you.

Edited by Flayer