So Duff and Matt were still in the band when Robin joined?

Tyler Drama

Robin joined the band in May of 1997.

Matt left in June 1997, and Duff left in August of 1997.

I'm wondering if the band ever actually got together at all during that one month where they were all in the band. At that time, the line-up was:

Axl Rose

Robin Finck

Duff McKagan

Paul Tobias

Matt Sorum

Dizzy Reed

It would be interesting to hear how that went or how Duff and Matt took to Robin's playing. I know Matt actually helped Axl find Robin (before Slash quit, I believe) but I want to know if they ever actually played together while in the band.

Pretty good lineup, minus Matt.

Seriously? Matt is great drummer. He suited the band perfectly for that era of GN'R. Songs like November Rain and Estranged would not be what they ate today with Matt Sorum.

I think Duff told someone that he did met Robin back then and said "yeah, he's a cool guy". I know, nothing major, but still..

From what Axl told on that Oh My God press release, I believe they started the work with Paul Tobias and Dizzy back when Matt and Duff were still in the band, so I guess they at least tried to work all togheter or had got demo tapes/cds to work with. So, my guess is that Robin worked with Duff at least.

They played a few shows in the West Coast with that lineup. Look them up on youtube.

ya, i went to a few of those shows!

For real? Where can we find the setlists? I would like to see the videos as well!

Me too it's the first I ever heard of this....

They're pulling your legs. That lineup (if you wanna consider it that) never performed live.

Whether they did behind closed doors (all together) is beyond me.

I can't find the videos, if anyone does please share it. Thanks.

PS. I didn't know this.

It's because they never played together it be nice if people could be mature enough to not trolll bu clearly they're not the next show after Argentina 93 was House of Blues 2001