GNFR2003

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They have too many long songs,

their long songs are their best songs

Some, yeah

for me it always depends on the mood i mean bathory has 10-15 minute songs and avg songs on a couple albums are like 9 minutes long lol same with metallica but sometimes i just want to listen to the 4 and 5 minutes songs lol

It is pretty good technically. It just sounds like he's hitting pots and pans. It just sounds weird to me.

But I'm not really a Metallica fan anyway. I listened to their whole discography a few months ago and only liked a small handful of songs. :shrugs:

Did u like Ride the Lightening and Master of Puppets? I still love both those albums. Rarely listen to anything else by them. Maybe jump in the fire. But little else.

It is pretty good technically. It just sounds like he's hitting pots and pans. It just sounds weird to me.

But I'm not really a Metallica fan anyway. I listened to their whole discography a few months ago and only liked a small handful of songs. :shrugs:

Did u like Ride the Lightening and Master of Puppets? I still love both those albums. Rarely listen to anything else by them. Maybe jump in the fire. But little else.

I liked bits of those, but on the whole? Not really. Maybe they need to grow on me, but upon first listen, very little seemed memorable for me. I remember liking Battery, Master of Puppets, and Creeping Death, though.

Chinese Democracy is selling at $0.99 stores right now.

Van Halen's CD will never meet that fate.

Irrelevant point. Best Buy got stuck with a bunch of albums they couldn't sell. Most of that had to do with their pathetic attempt to market the album.

Do you really think CD would be selling for that price if it had been released widely and had been available in tens of thousands of stores from the get go compared to the roughly 900 (rounding up) Best Buy locations?

GNR and VH seem similar to me in that they have been away and come back. they aren't like AC/DC or Metallica, U2, BJ who have been solid, building their fan bases, continuously been there.

Edited by wasted

Metallica songs have such long intros.

yeah but usually those intros are fucking awesome like the intro to battery and fight fire with fire and for whom the bell tolls

Yeah they're a great band

until the black album :angry: :angry:

Metallica songs have such long intros.

yeah but usually those intros are fucking awesome like the intro to battery and fight fire with fire and for whom the bell tolls

Yeah they're a great band

until the black album :angry: :angry:

You know it's sad but true.

:D

Nahh seriously though I like that album.

Irrelevant point. Best Buy got stuck with a bunch of albums they couldn't sell. Most of that had to do with their pathetic attempt to market the album.

Do you really think CD would be selling for that price if it had been released widely and had been available in tens of thousands of stores from the get go compared to the roughly 900 (rounding up) Best Buy locations?

The reason it couldn't sell is because nobody gave a fuck. People heard the album on Myspace and didn't want anything to do with it. Stop making excuses.

Radio stations were hyping the album and even played it in its entirety. CD could have sold a little more in the first week had GNR management not been so stupid to put it on Myspace. That killed curiosity sells. It's better for people to find out the album is a turd after they have already bought it. Best Buy should have never allowed that to happen. IDIOTS.

The reason it couldn't sell is because nobody gave a fuck. People heard the album on Myspace and didn't want anything to do with it. Stop making excuses.

Radio stations were hyping the album and even played it in its entirety. CD could have sold a little more in the first week had GNR management not been so stupid to put it on Myspace. That killed curiosity sells. It's better for people to find out the album is a turd after they have already bought it. Best Buy should have never allowed that to happen. IDIOTS.

Idiots?

No more so than somebody who posts on a forum of a band they don't like. Only a complete douchebag would do that.

And yes. Cd was a real turd. Selling 4-5 million copies of a CD makes it a complete failure. Because what really matters is the hype or how long a record took to make, and not the actual sales totals.

And sorry to tell you this, but the combined sales of CD and the next GnR release will blow away the sales of the two VR albums or the two slash solo albums.

Don't like Axl and the current band? That's fine. I'm sure the nickelback forum would love to have you!!!!

Idiots?

No more so than somebody who posts on a forum of a band they don't like. Only a complete douchebag would do that.

And yes. Cd was a real turd. Selling 4-5 million copies of a CD makes it a complete failure. Because what really matters is the hype or how long a record took to make, and not the actual sales totals.

And sorry to tell you this, but the combined sales of CD and the next GnR release will blow away the sales of the two VR albums or the two slash solo albums.

Don't like Axl and the current band? That's fine. I'm sure the nickelback forum would love to have you!!!!

Not to nitpick man, but where are you getting it sold 4-5 million, as most evidence (chart positions) seems to realistically point it's at 3-3.5 million, which is not bad for your regular release, but this was not your ordinary release.

The first VR album is at 4 million worldwide, with two very successful songs that still get regular airplay. No post original gnr album has had that kind of success. As for Libertad, yeah it was a dissapointment, but we don't have official worldwide numbers, other than US numbers from 4 years ago which weren't THAT far away from CD numbers.

As for the next nu gnr album, I wouldn't place bets just yet. It seems like the next album is gonna be what Axl already has done with dj and whoever else mixed in. It's either gonna sink or swim on it's own merits. There's no aurora or big curiosity surrounding this album like there was for CD, and based on most reactions for CD, I don't think it's gonna do much if it's in the same vain.

Edited by BS11290

Idiots?

Not to nitpick man, but where are you getting it sold 4-5 million, as most evidence (chart positions) seems to realistically point it's at 3-3.5 million, which is not bad for your regular release, but this was not your ordinary release.

The first VR album is at 4 million worldwide, with two very successful songs that still get regular airplay. No post original gnr album has had that kind of success. As for Libertad, yeah it was a dissapointment, but we don't have official worldwide numbers, other than US numbers from 4 years ago which weren't THAT far away from CD numbers.

As for the next nu gnr album, I wouldn't place bets just yet. It seems like the next album is gonna be what Axl already has done with dj and whoever else mixed in. It's either gonna sink or swim on it's own merits. There's no aurora or big curiosity surrounding this album like there was for CD, and based on most reactions for CD, I don't think it's gonna do much if it's in the same vain.

Agreed. I think the next album Is going to be a tough sell, just do to there being no big curiousity or mystery like there was for CD. I have said It before and I will say It again, the next albums success hinges on a few excellent singles that will take off and get regular radio play.

I'm not sure why it is so important for people to diminish anything and everything Axl has done since Slash walked away.

How many people actually purchased - spent their $18 - the album just out of curiosity? That happened in 1992, not is 2008. If I am "curious" about an album in 2008, I go online and in ten minutes you can hear every song for free. Curious people went to MySpace and heard the entire album for free.

You guys (pro-slash, blame Axl) people actually contradict each other. Some say the MySpace hurt sales ......them some say millions of people bought the album out of curiosity. Which one is it, because it can't be both ways!!!

Then you say millions only bought it because of the GnR "name." Again, so people are willing to spend their hard earned money on an album.....big enough fans to ONLY but it because of the GnR name.....but they don't know Slash, Duff and Izzy aren't in the band? In reality, that actual number is about 1% at most.

If GnR is successful it is ONLY because people are fooled by the GnR name. But then other people say the album is a flop because of Axl. Again, you can't have it both ways. Ten years from now Axl could release a solo album that sells 100 million copies and people on this forum would say "its just because of the GnR name and people thought slash played on the album."

And the sales total. What are your sources? U all are stuck on the 3-3.5 million number. Why? Where is your source? Interesting that the number u guys are obsessed with coincidently falls just below what VR did. Weird coincidence.

VR has two hits that are classics and still in heavy rotation? Really? Where? I can't remember the last time I heard a VR song randomly played on the radio. The way you guys talk, maybe Serious Radio gave them their own channel!!!

Axl, Slash, Duff and Izzy were more popular and successful and relevant when they were all together. There is really no need to continually bash and put down Axl now, just because you (a random fan who doesn't know the truth) blames Axl for breaking up the old group.

It is so weird to me that the old band is able to move on with their lives, but a few fans cannot.

Again, irrelevant point. If CD had sold the exact same amount of copies as it did with the Best Buy deal but was a normal wide release instead of an exclusive, it wouldn't be selling for such low prices. It would be selling for the some price as any other album.

If Van Halen had been a Best Buy exclusive with the same terms as the CD deal, it would've sold even less than it did as a wide release, Best Buy would be left with even more copies than it was left with on the CD release, and after a while they would unload the excess copies for nothing after a while (like they did with CD).

If nobody gave a sh*t about CD, even less people care about Van Halen's "reunion" album. Period.

I honestly didn't know it was like that in the US. In HMV here in UK Chinese Democracy is still being sold at about the same price as the rest of GnR albums (around £10 in shops if not on offer during holidays). As far as I know, its the same for other European countries as well....

Enjoy the fucking music, stop worrying about how much it sold to fulfill whatever agenda you have. "blah blah nuGNR sux cuz CD only sold 4 million" "blah blah GNR is teh bom cuz it sold millions of copies" It's been the same crap for three and a half years. Stop letting the sales affect how much you do or do not enjoy the album. Yeah, it would've been cool if more people picked up on it, and GN'R was the biggest band in the world again, but that didn't happen, so let's just enjoy the album.