2/27 - Philadelphia official discussion

JAxlMorrison

• Replies 545
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Must say, this is the best Axl has sounded since Miami/Orlando. I'm excited again. Tee hee

The vids don't even begin to do Axl's voice justice.

I was blown away by how amazing he sounded in Philly. Unreal.

Yea there were tons of people around me going holy shit he sounds amazing! He had the crowd rock3

Finally had the time to see all the vids and it looks like his voice is finally coming back in shape again. Its still a hit and miss with the "rasp" which seems to be coming and going through songs. Civil War and Rocket Queen sound particularly good (considering how RQ has been sounding since 2011 <_<). Street of dreams (especially the first verse) is a good example of the rasp coming in and out which leaves me hopeful that he'll find the right balance again soon.

All that being said, Don't Cry was painful to listen to at certain points. It seriously sounded like a boy going through puberty when he sang "...and the times we had", his voice just breaks. Perhaps he still has some problems singing the mid-high notes softly but with rasp and all. The low notes in the beginning were just lovely though, his normal deep voice is beautiful and I wish there were more songs in which he could use that.

Anyway, these vids leave me hopefull and perhaps if Axl keeps working on it he might be in good form for Europe (and maybe HOF...?).

Edited by KiraMPD

Yes,he is singing with more rasp,but still far from his top form.

Slowly does it...that 2010 voice is clearly in the locker but he is slowly introducing it...bet he'll sound superb by the time we are half way through the Euro tour in the summer...

Best Rocket Queen since 2010, I think thats easy to say...also vocally best Estranged from the current era.

It looks like he's getting back into shape , hence the voice sounding better. He seems to be getting more comfortable as they go on. But he's got a massive way to go to sound like 2010 again. Baby steps though. Baby steps.

Edited by iftheworld

It looks like he's getting back into shape , hence the voice sounding better. He seems to be getting more comfortable as they go on. But he's got a massive way to go to sound like 2010 again. Baby steps though. Baby steps.

That's funny. Just a couple of days ago, you started this thread.

http://www.mygnrforum.com/index.php?showtopic=184778

:rofl-lol:

Maybe he was never as out of shape as he appeared from a few seconds of one video as originally thought. :shrugs:

Ali

That's funny. Just a couple of days ago, you started this thread.

http://www.mygnrforum.com/index.php?showtopic=184778

:rofl-lol:

Maybe he was never as out of shape as he appeared from a few seconds of one video as originally thought. :shrugs:

Ali

Nah, he's still chubby. His voice is improving though.

• 2 weeks later...