2/27 - Philadelphia official discussion

JAxlMorrison

• Replies 545
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't even download a .torrent file on our new school internet, so I won't be able to get these (Or any other UCAP shows for that matter) until I'm home this weekend.

I think that might be what's going on with mine, too. Hope so, anyway - just wanna be able to download shows I go to, no further pirating intended!

I don't have too much more to add in addition to what's been said, but I'll just share a few tidbits.

Got to Philly with Aggressive Perfecter at 4 or so, stopped by to check out the line - said hi to GNRSkidRow1, and headed next door to McGillicuddy's to get some lunch.

I HIGHLY recommend McGillicuddy's for anyone going to any future shows at the Electric Factory. Good food, nice ambiance, and not expensive at all.

Got in line around 5:30 or so and was 10 deep at this point. Met axlslash at this point and starting making small talk with the crew that in line at that point. Forum members or not, EVERYONE was super, super cool and made the wait a lot of fun. Everyone was looking out for each other, whether it was holding spots for folks who went to eat or go to the bathroom, or anything of that ilk.

Doors opened on time, and after a pretty thorough pat down (and having my Sharpie confiscated), I was inside and had no problem getting on the rail between Ron and Richard. I initially had a sign that said "I CAME TO SEE RON'S BEARD" on one side, and "BETA > AZOFF - NUFF SAID!" on the other, but had it taken off of me before the show started. The security dude (who was very cool about it) said that the band didn't want any signs to be in the way of anyone's view. That's cool - handed it over without an issue, and he said that he would bring it to the production area backstage.

I really liked the Last Vegas - some parts of their schtick were super cheesy, but the songs were strong enough to back it up.

They wrapped up around 11, and after a really quick set change, the lights went down for GN'R at 11:30.

Axl was ON FIRE right from CD - I didn't hear any "Micky" at all. Plenty of rasp from the beginning, and he didn't let up all night. I personally have never heard Axl sound better. Phenomenal.

On to Ron. I don't know how the guy does it. He was obviously in severe pain right from the start of the show, and halfway through, he had to take a seat on a road case and play. He even sat out for a few songs because the pain was so severe. He was able to handle his solo spots, and really stepped up when he didn't need to. Ron became a hero of mine last night.

After the show, went around back with Aggressive Perfecter and met back up with GNRSkidRow1 and axlslash (as well as some other folks who were in line with us, and assorted eBay dealing scum), and began the wait for the band to come out.

DJ was out first and was super cool. Signed and took pics for anyone who asked. He truly digs and appreciates the fans.

Ron came out next, and we all agreed NOT to bother the guy for anything. He did more than enough by stepping up and getting through the show, but he began signing and taking pics, and had no qualms about doing it. What a guy. Ron rules. There's no two ways about it. He's a class act.

Richard came out, signed a few things and left really quickly. Frank came out, shook hands, signed one or two things, took one or two pics, and headed out. Dizzy and Tommy hightailed it out of there while people were busy with Frank.

Didn't see Mother Goose - our theory was that they hid him in a road case and got him out of there. :lol:

It's nearing 4 AM at this point, and like axlslash said, we knew that we were only waiting on one person at this point - the man himself. At around 4:05, Beta (who was insanely nice and appreciative and shook hands with all of us) and Vanessa came out, closely followed by Fernando who completely blew our minds when he said: "Axl's going to come out and sign for everyone, and we'll take a group shot to save time."

The collective look on all of our faces was pretty much this: :shock:

It finally dawned on us that "OMFG, WE'RE ABOUT TO MET AXL ROSE!"

Sure enough, 5 mins or so later, Axl comes out and immediately heads down to the line and starts to sign. He had black, red, ans blue sharpies and actually color coordinated each item that he signed! Even though Fernando said "no individual pictures", Axl DID stop for them if he was asked. I was tempted to get one, but I didn't want to be the one that ruined the experience for anyone else. Got my CD booklet signed, shook Axl's hand, thanked him, and let him continue on to sign for everyone.

Fernando and Axl's bodyguard did a great job of weeding out the eBay scum and getting them out of there so that the real fans were able to be taken care of. Awesome.

Axl finishes signing, and Fernando gets everyone ready for the group photo. Axl stands right between me and GNRSkidRow1 right down front. I won't lie - I was freaking out at this point. Just as Fernando goes to take the picture, there was a push from the back of the line, and I'm pretty sure that when the pic goes up on gunsnroses.com, that you'll see me halfway up on Axl's back trying to keep my balance. :laugh:

Thanked Fernando again for taking care of us, and went on our way. I didn't get home until 7:30 AM, but it was totally worth it. Everything came together perfectly. The show was amazing, the venue is awesome, met some great folks in GNRSkidRow1, axlslash, Philly Guns, and A Little Patience, and I got to fulfill a dream of mine that I never thought that I'd ever be able to by meeting W. Axl Rose.

Wow.

Until next time...

My mind = blown.

Would you be named..... Steve, PG? lol :rofl-lol:

No not stalking, lovely pic though :xmasssanta: :tongue2:

haha :rofl-lol: I think you found me!

Here is a pic of DJ checking out my gf's DJ ashba t shirt for a second time. Lets just say she was in heaven (I guess I better get tattoos and be all cool and stuff too <_< )

20t2ey9.jpg

Here is another version of Ashba's t shirt I posted on his page to give him a better look at it:

106x93r.jpg