2/27 - Philadelphia official discussion

JAxlMorrison

• Replies 545
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just some things to say:

Tommy was acting really weird the whole show. At one point he had his face really close to Axl's, staring him right in the eyes. They both just laughed. Then, at one point, he got up behind Richard and got really close to him and rested his head on his shoulder. Then, during the beginning of Paradise City, he leaned his head right on DJ's, really really close to him, as if he wanted to kiss him. DJ then laughed and smiled as if to say "Aww what the hell" and kissed Tommy on the ear. No, I'm not kidding, this is all completely true.

Then when the confetti shot off, Tommy was catching it in his mouth and chewing it while playing. Then, after the band was done bowing, he took piles of the confetti that fell on the stage and covered axlslash and I. He and Chris kept throwing confetti on us and then they left.

So like I said, before the show, about seven of us were let in (the VIP line) at 8:45. All the others went towards DJ's side, and I grabbed the front-row-center spot. I was easily able to save a spot right next to me for axlslash. I then saw Bumblefoot (guitar in hand) standing on stage with Jennifer, and I yelled "YO!!" He then came out and chatted with me for a good five minutes. He said something to Jennifer like "Yeah, they're the big fans, they're here for the show." I then said, "We're here for Oh My God" as a joke. We both laughed, and he began to play it. I sang some of it and it was awesome. We then got to talking, and Jennifer tweeted her picture and Bumblefoot put his on Crowd Stream. He said he's usually a Blackberry guy, but someone lent him an iPhone. Anyway, the guy to the right of me said "Is it cool if I take a picture of you right now?" Bumblefoot responded with "Yeah... actually, let me come down there and talk to you guys." Now, as the rest of the concert-goers are rushing in, Bumblefoot is just standing in the middle of us all taking pictures. When I went over to him, he reached out his hand and said "Here." In his hand was one of his guitar picks, and he gave it to me. I was so happy. I then gave Jennifer my camera and she took a picture of the two of us.

DJ didn't play drums on Madagascar, but still played his guitar with drumsticks and threw them in the crowd.

After the show, we were all standing out waiting for the band. Axl, DJ, and Bumblefoot were the ones who actually went out of their way to sign everything for everyone and take pictures. Richard signed one or two things real quick. Frank shook some hands, signed nothing, and took one (blurry) picture with Agressive Perfector. Tommy and Dizzy quickly rushed by and didn't even bother to wave to us as we shouted their names. We never saw Chris... we were convinced that they put him in one of the black boxes they were piling into the truck.

So basically, I met Axl, DJ, Bumblefoot, and Frank. Got a picture with Bumblefoot. Got Bumblefoot's pick. And Axl signed my VIP laminate. Awesome.

Now, the pictures I took:

040.png

072.png

074.png

079.png

116.png

120.png

122.png

138.png

145.png

174.png

interesting pics , especially of Axl looking down :thumbsup: Those vids are amazing, now why don't they have that for the rest of the tour and last year's/so on? I want to see more of the Atlantic/Detroit vids in that style of nature as well.

Hope that eveyone who went had a good time and count me in the jealous party as well GNRskid lol!

and yes philly guns I guess I found ya ha!

I think Tommy is getting is own style of crazy on I see & read recently, well that's being a GNR member for ya troubles :rofl-lol: Damn is it a pre-requisite or something.... nevermind :tongue2:

Edited by Nicc

GREAT pictures man! thx for sharing with us and the review as well!

THIS GUY IS INSANE!!!! he really love us (fans) and what he does for living... RESPECT

235.png

Incredible pic, so much emotion, same as the one with Ron n Axl

Edited by AGS

GREAT pictures man! thx for sharing with us and the review as well!

THIS GUY IS INSANE!!!! he really love us (fans) and what he does for living... RESPECT

235.png

Incredible pic, so much emotion, same as the one with Ron n Axl

Don't Cry was the most emotional thing I've ever seen. He was clearly in agony, and was on the verge of tears the whole time, and he channeled it into the song. The second verse, Axl sings "Give me a whisper *pause* and I'll give you a sigh" and Ron let out a huge sigh in the pause, trying to comfort himself through the song. It was like the webstream that he broke down on, but he couldn't turn it off. He could barely walk after the show, and still stood out there signing for fucking everyone unprompted. Such a classy, dedicated motherfucker. No set of fans on this earth is good enough to deserve such a reverential icon. Absolutely loved everything about Ron last night, other than the pain he was in. Such a workhorse of a man. We could all learn something from him.

He even got all the lyrics right in Civil War. The verses sound like studio Civil War. Damn, Axl had a great night.

Show highlights:

1) Shacklers

2) This

You can sort of see it at the start of the video - Tommy and Axl both got water just as the Cold Hand Luke bit started, and Tommy looked up at Axl and started talking along with it. Quite humorous.