2/27 - Philadelphia official discussion

JAxlMorrison

• Replies 545
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Same setlist different day.

Eh. I've come to terms with it all. I don't even check the setlists anymore. If a new song(or old new song like Civil War) is played, there will be a thread about it. I just take solace in the fact that they are touring and might be putting out an album this year. Other than that, I have other things going on in my life, good and bad, to worry about :)

Wow, what a class act. Finally an apology, even though it probably wasn't entirely his fault, he did own up to something and said sorry. I like how he brought up the fur coat and watching basketball games excuse that was used in "The most expensive album never made" article some years back. He really does read alot about himself. He does seem like a likeable guy and I'm glad he seems happy on tour.

Wow, what a class act. Finally an apology, even though it probably wasn't entirely his fault, he did own up to something and said sorry. I like how he brought up the fur coat and watching basketball games excuse that was used in "The most expensive album never made" article some years back. He really does read alot about himself. He does seem like a likeable guy and I'm glad he seems happy on tour.

Lol, yeah.

Never google yourself, it always ends badly...

Good to hear Axl finally clear some stuff up. I bet he wants to clear up much more but he's not lying about getting sued left, right and centre.... And he seemed to look happy signing those autographs as well!

Poor BBF. With Axl being sick I almost forgot about his pain (well, he hasn't been complaining about it lately).

Setlist:

01-Chinese Democracy

02-Welcome to the Jungle

03-It's so Easy

04-Mr. Brownstone

05-Sorry

06-You're Crazy

07-Estranged

08-Rocket Queen

19-Richard Fortus Guitar Solo [James Bond Theme]

10-Live and Let Die

11-This I Love

12-Used To Love Her

13-Motivation [Tommy on vocals]

14-Dizzy Reed Piano Solo [baba O'Riley]

15-Street of Dreams

16-You Could Be Mine

17-DJ Ashba Guitar Solo [The Ballad of Death]

18-Sweet Child O' Mine

19-November Rain

20-Bumblefoot Guitar Solo [Pink Panther Theme]

21-Don't Cry

22-Civil War

23-Knockin' On Heaven's Door

24-Nightrain

ENCORE

25-Madagascar

26-Better

27-Patience

28-Paradise City

Important Events:

-Bumblefoot was hurting his back during the show.

-Axl talked about the Philadelphia's riot in 02: "The true story is we tried to cancel the show that morning. My manager told me he cancelled it, but he lied. Then, we tried to cancel it again but Clear Channel wanted the tour to fail so they didn't let me cancel it. They wanted me to just not show and cause a riot. But the truth is, I was sick. It didn't have anything to do with fur coats, or basketball games".

They played six songs from Chinese Democracy, seven from Appetite For Destruction, three from Use Your Illusion I, four from Use Your Illusion II, three from Lies & one cover.

Show was only about 2.5 hours long. Likely cut out a few songs for Ron's sake.

Too bad he doesn't have the balls to return to St Louis. A show @ The Pageant would be great. There's a reason Clear Channel wanted that tour to end. Crowds were sparse at most of those shows back then and Clear Channel was losing money by allowing the tour to continue. I'm not saying that they handled it the right way, in fact I believe they fucked Axl over because based on his past behaviors he made himself an easy target.

He seems like on a crusade or something. Vancouver now philly and then ireland in may. It's really good to see, i hope now he finally buries the sily thing with Slash, life is far too short.

You can add in Montreal as well!

Yep it took awhile but he blew us Montrealers away in 2010!

Welcome back :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

He seems like on a crusade or something. Vancouver now philly and then ireland in may. It's really good to see, i hope now he finally buries the sily thing with Slash, life is far too short.

You can add in Montreal as well!

Yep it took awhile but he blew us Montrealers away in 2010!

Welcome back :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Thanks! Glad to be back!

Welcome back! I missed you I had no one to pick at. <_<