Guns N' Roses Sued For Copying Songs

Nosaj Thing

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Plagiarism? Here's you plagiarism:

1. Metallica's Bad Seed riff was ridiculously copied for Audioslave's Your Time Has Come.

2. David Guetta's obvious AC/DC's TNT riff in Get Up (feat. Chris Willis).

3. Stone Temple Pilot's rip off (even if I like it a lot better) of KISS's Childhood's End's Chorus for Dare If You Dare from their latest album.

4. Green Day's 21st Century Breakdown. RIDICULOUS copy of Fox On The Run.

Yeah, I don't buy this being the reason why they don't play it live. I mean, they could still use it in some 2009 ads from the Canadian tour, if I'm not mistaken, and the song is still available on iTunes and on the album with the very same intro.

I believe Axl just can't or doesn't want to sing it.

OT: Last I heard, and I think this might be correct, is that it was settled out of court.

Is there a source or just a rumor? Not that I don't believe you, it's just that I like the song and would like to know what really happened.

Oh hell, I have no clue. I think it was this board or in an article I read in passing. It sounds plausible.

What the hell are people talking about here? Riad isn't a copy of any song - if anything, it does have something of The Beatles' Hey Bulldog in the main riff, but not that much, really. The thing here is just a SAMPLE used without credits in that intro, not the song itself.

Oh hell, I have no clue. I think it was this board or in an article I read in passing. It sounds plausible.

Oh, I see. Well, thanks anyways.

Led zeppelin 1 & 2 is full of of old blues classics covered by zep and on the album credits it says page/plant. Thats what i call rip off. Plant cant even stand in axls shadow

Page ripped more folk artists off than he did blues artists.

Plant's not even credited as a songwriter on the first album because he was with another record label. Willie Dixon was credited for two songs. Dazed and Confused should have gone to court decades ago, but because the writer made millions in commercial ads, he didn't feel the need to pursue it. He's only pursuing it now because he just wants the due credit. They'd only give him 3 years worth of royalties because of how long he decided to file the lawsuit.

I know it's old, I wanted to know what happened with this.

No, you just wanted attention because you get your jollies from trolling. You think you're slick though, that's the funny part.

Oh, and by the way: you can use google to search the forum. It's not that hard:

http://www.mygnrforum.com/index.php?showtopic=155237&st=0

only you would say something so stupid....

Why is it that when someone brings up anything even remotely negative about your lord and savior axl rose, you accuse them of trolling? Why don't you actually contribute to the thread by staying on topic. Not changing gears into cupcake hunting.

I remember hearing it was just the intros...and it was settled in court I guess...so apparently there was some truth. :shrugs:

The reason they don't play it live is that, apart from some forum nerds, nobody is interested in hearing it.

Unfortunately I also think that's the case. Personally, I thought it was very lame, and just never felt it, but after giving it 10 or so listens, I started to like a few bits and pieces of it, and that's where I am now. Still my least favorite song on the album.

No, you just wanted attention because you get your jollies from trolling. You think you're slick though, that's the funny part.

Why is it that when someone brings up anything even remotely negative about your lord and savior axl rose, you accuse them of trolling? Why don't you actually contribute to the thread by staying on topic. Not changing gears into cupcake hunting.

I remember hearing it was just the intros...and it was settled in court I guess...so apparently there was some truth. :shrugs:

Okay listen up Sparky,

In "Sampling" the defense of fair use permits reasonable unauthorized copying from a copyrighted work,when the copying does not substantially impare present or potential value of original work.

The US copyright law only protects the expression of ideas,not the ideas itself.Since there are a limited number of musical notes,copyright law treats single notes like ideas and does not protect them.

As far as Sampled material The Lanham Act is a federal law that punishes deceptive trade practices that mislead consumers about what they are buying and who made the product.

Sampling is not new,Rachmaninoff,Brahams,and Liszt "borrowed" material from Paganini's "Caprice" for their own compositions.

In short,defending a copyright infringement lawsuit is a substantial expense and a risky proposition,exposing you to hundreds of thousands of dollars in legal fees and costs.

Negotiating a buyout ,ie: a percentage of the mechanical license is one type of clearance fee. Another is a flat-fee buyout (payment) for the use of sampled material. Buyout fees range from $250-$50,000 depending on the demands of the copyright owner.

Assigning a portion of the copyright in lieu of a cash advance may be less of a financial burden on the Artist,enabling a song to be released where the cost or unavailability of a license would preclude a song from being distributed legally.

If you sell out the samples of the song,you can get 5% for minimal use,up to 75% if the samples have been utilized and are an integral part of the song.

The above only applies to music sampling,not vocal sampling,different animal.

sailaway, first of all, "sparky"? Really? Just another reminder that only on the internet can children insult people that they would never in a million years say the same things to in person.

Second, i find it amusing that you intentionally spruce up your post to make yourself appear more articulate and intelligent. Your post was enlightening, and interesting, I will not deny that. But I'm still trying to figure out why it was directed at me? :shrugs: I used the words "I remember hearing" and "apparently", obviously showing that I don't know much about it. So why you would act like you're proving me wrong, or trying to tell me off or something, makes absolutely no sense at all. But again, I learned a little from what you said, so I guess there was some merit to your long and boring post.

Who's stupid? Haha, who? *cough* you are *cough* lmao hey thanks for your "contribution" to the thread! Truly an intellectual you are.

i contributed to the thread plenty: I provided a link to the ORIGINAL thread, which I dare say was more informative than this steaming pile of shit. I'm sorry that you're not smart enough to use google to search the forum. It's complicated, I know- with plus signs and quotes and such. Also, pi2loc is a well known rabid butthurt slash fanboy, who is in complete denial that slash is gone forever. Consequently, he has a sociopathic fixation for talking shit about Axl and the current era. He's also been critical of me and trolled me several times. So fair's fair- i'm sorry you feel the need to make it your business. But yeah fuckin aye right I'm gonna call him out for purposely creating a redundant thread for the sole purpose of trolling Axl.

Now fuck off. You seem to be obsessed with me. It's getting old. Really. Go away.

Edited by Popcorn's Timbre

Who's stupid? Haha, who? *cough* you are *cough*
...wow...are you serious? :rofl-lol: I don't even know what to say about that.
lmao hey thanks for your "contribution" to the thread! Truly an intellectual you are.

i contributed to the thread plenty: I provided a link to the ORIGINAL thread, which I dare say was more informative than this steaming pile of shit. I'm sorry that you're not smart enough to use google to search the forum. It's complicated, I know- with plus signs and quotes and such.

Also, pi2loc is a well known rabid butthurt slash fanboy,

Only to people like you. I don't think anyone else here thinks he's a fanboy/cupcake.
who is in complete denial that slash is gone forever.
gone forever? He's very much alive and well, and has put out many albums since leaving GNR. I'd list them all hear but I'll assume you know what they are. Now, if you're talking about him being gone from GNR forever, I don't think he is in denial that's the case...we all know Slash isn't in GNR. :thumbsup:
Consequently, he has a sociopathic fixation for talking shit about Axl and the current era.
...No, I don't think so. He's seen the new band, I've heard him say that before, and likes them, just doesn't appreciate them like the real GNR, which is the same way that I feel, along with many others here. I don't think anyone here "talks shit"
He's also been critical of me and trolled me several times.
this is where you just sound like an angry 9 year old. But honestly, a lot of people here are critical of you. You bring it upon yourself. Look at your last post for a reference as to why this happens.

So fair's fair- i'm sorry you feel the need to make it your business. But yeah fuckin aye right I'm gonna call him out for purposely creating a redundant thread for the sole purpose of trolling Axl.
oh wow now he's not only trolling YOU, but also trolling AXL?
Now fuck off. You seem to be obsessed with me. It's getting old. Really. Go away.

Obsessed with you? Haha you'd like that wouldn't you? If I have any obsession, it's with calling out clowns like you who make it their personal mission to defend Axl/new gnr to the bloody end, even in situations that don't even need it, like this one. One GNR fan asks other GNR fans about an incident from the past, and you come out of the woodwork to tell him he's a cupcake/slash fanboy for bringing it up. I don't think you realize how many people here read your posts and just shake their head, wondering how someone can say the things you say. But, you've obviously spent a lot of time on this board, and it was permanently skewed your perception of things, so we all kind of just shake our heads and laugh...kind of like when your retarded cousin keeps hitting on the girl at the grocery store.

I'm sorry that you can't handle the fact that this thread is redundant. Wow though, breaking my post into 7 mini quotes... all while denying any fixation on me. Hahaha irony ftw.

Furthermore I have no idea why you went off on some bizarre nonsensical tangent about proving slash is alive. When I said Slash is gone forever, I meant he's gone from Guns n Roses forever. I think that was quite obvious. How you missed that I'll never know, but you seem to be missing a lot of things so I think there's a pattern there for sure. It's interesting to see you give pi2loc a free pass for being a shit-talking, trolling dick, but you chastise me for pointing out he made a redundant thread about an ancient issue that's already been discussed.

Not sure if it's just stupidity or you're just a consummate cupcake. I'm guessing both. But hey, thanks for the 7 mini quote individualized responses. I guess my post really moved you. Hahaha. Who's the angry 9 year old? Lmao @ the "real gnr" reference. If you don't like the current iteration of Guns n Roses, THEN WHY ARE YOU HERE? Oh right, so you can bitch, complain, and make snarky comments about Axl. I mean, really? It's just pathetic. You're like BBA's retarded cousin.

Edited by Popcorn's Timbre

sailaway, first of all, "sparky"? Really? Just another reminder that only on the internet can children insult people that they would never in a million years say the same things to in person.

Second, i find it amusing that you intentionally spruce up your post to make yourself appear more articulate and intelligent. Your post was enlightening, and interesting, I will not deny that. But I'm still trying to figure out why it was directed at me? :shrugs: I used the words "I remember hearing" and "apparently", obviously showing that I don't know much about it. So why you would act like you're proving me wrong, or trying to tell me off or something, makes absolutely no sense at all. But again, I learned a little from what you said, so I guess there was some merit to your long and boring post.

Sparky,You are the weakest link.

I'm over 40,and I'd say it to you live and in person,with relish.

Unfortunately some things can't be explained in a brief synopsis, Actually that was the shortened,and simple version.

I'm sorry that you can't handle the fact that this thread is redundant. Wow though, breaking my post into 7 mini quotes... all while denying any fixation on me. Hahaha irony ftw.

Furthermore I have no idea why you went off on some bizarre nonsensical tangent about proving slash is alive. When I said Slash is gone forever, I meant he's gone from Guns n Roses forever. I think that was quite obvious. How you missed that I'll never know, but you seem to be missing a lot of things so I think there's a pattern there for sure. It's interesting to see you give pi2loc a free pass for being a shit-talking, trolling dick, but you chastise me for pointing out he made a redundant thread about an ancient issue that's already been discussed.

Not sure if it's just stupidity or you're just a consummate cupcake. I'm guessing both. But hey, thanks for the 7 mini quote individualized responses. I guess my post really moved you. Hahaha. Who's the angry 9 year old? Lmao @ the "real gnr" reference. If you don't like the current iteration of Guns n Roses, THEN WHY ARE YOU HERE? Oh right, so you can bitch, complain, and make snarky comments about Axl. I mean, really? It's just pathetic. You're like BBA's retarded cousin.

Applause! Encore! :lol::thumbsup: