Why does everyone want OMG to be played LIVE

BucketNZ

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it probably has something to do with his vocals. The song is bad ass and sung with some attitude. not sure he can pull it of live.

Someone said they dint like the solo as much but IMO it builds up nicely for the heavier section, great riff.

Hmm u might think OMG is ordinary but surely its the heaviest song gnr ever recorded? Love the industrial rock thing. Very creative.

TWAT its a boring song,the best part is after the middle when the solos starts and axl screaming.Although i agree with the title,i really cant understand what they see so special to OMG and many of the fans dying to hear it live.

I'm pretty sure that it just comes down to the fact that we know they have rehearsed it for this tour and it is one of the tunes on the songlist. Just like back in 2006(?) "Perfect Crime" was on the list but never played.

TWAT its a boring song,the best part is after the middle when the solos starts and axl screaming.Although i agree with the title,i really cant understand what they see so special to OMG and many of the fans dying to hear it live.

I'm pretty sure that it just comes down to the fact that we know they have rehearsed it for this tour and it is one of the tunes on the songlist. Just like back in 2006(?) "Perfect Crime" was on the list but never played.

It's a shame it wasn't. Imagine if it had been played mid-2010 when Axl's voice was pure rasp. It would have been as intense as 1991, if not more.

I also don't understand this. It was their biggest dud ever. It was panned by fans and critics. It's never coming back.

Axl talked about in the internetchats in 08 and they rehearsed it recently as well as being an option in the setlist.

So Axl still believes in it

Axl also said it will probably not see the light of day in the same chats.

As for the rehearsal, it was over 4 months ago, and still no sign of the song, the nu band rehearses every song, just in case. Had Axl rehearsed it along with them, it'd be a different story.

Axl's not gonna bring back one of his worst duds ever because 30 fans on a forum are asking him to.

Edited by BS11290

I agree the vocals and the guitar on the song needs to be completely redone, an Axl talked about that in the chats,

I think it will be on the next album

I agree the vocals and the guitar on the song needs to be completely redone, an Axl talked about that in the chats,

Can't see anything wrong with the vocals, I like they way it is. The guitar work isn't really anything out of this world, but clearly damaged by the awful mix.

I'm curious to see if the awesome drum arrangement is intact. From what I could hear on those fan recordings of rehearsals, seems like Franks is more faithful to Josh Freese than Brain. :thumbsup:

Can't see anything wrong with the vocals, I like they way it is. The guitar work isn't really anything out of this world, but clearly damaged by the awful mix.

I'm curious to see if the awesome drum arrangement is intact. From what I could hear on those fan recordings of rehearsals, seems like Franks is more faithful to Josh Freese than Brain. :thumbsup:

vocals are ok but this is Axl fuckin Rose, imagine the vocals axl laid down on bachs album on oh my god , that Axl rasp and bite

It's a great song but it's kinda of it's own breed and the only thing relatively close to it (that we've heard) is Shackler's and a curveball especially with a supposed dated style will tend to put a lot of people off. What isn't dated though? Should Axl Rose sport a fringe and bop to brootal breakdowns lol.

It's a great song but it's kinda of it's own breed and the only thing relatively close to it (that we've heard) is Shackler's and a curveball especially with a supposed dated style will tend to put a lot of people off. What isn't dated though? Should Axl Rose sport a fringe and bop to brootal breakdowns lol.

I'll never understand this breakdown shit or why some of them waste 8 string guitars on it.

The funniest part of it all is that I don't think they realize it's a cheap fad that has very little point like the rapping in nu metal, why make such lazy and dull trend when you can challenge yourself!

Why make such lazy and dull post when you can challenge yourself?

I'd imagine the reason perfect crime hasn't been played is the same for OMG and a few others...the singing is just too demanding for Axl now. But then again, YCBM is similar in that aspect, so, who knows.

^From what I remember, someone had their camera on, outside the venue, but could hear the band rehearsing inside, and that's when they heard them playing it for a minute or so. Obviously no Axl, since he hasn't rehearsed with the band since probably 1988, but you could clearly hear the rest of the band playing it.