Why does everyone want OMG to be played LIVE

BucketNZ

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

oh my god is the top 3 best songs Axl has released post old gnr.

Great lyrics, music, energy, rawness it has it all.

I agree, I love some of the slow paced heartfelt songs Axl has put out since the original band but I'll always enjoy the fast paced rock songs like OMG, My Michelle, and Mr. Brownstone the best.

Why is it that we all want OMG played live, There Was a Time is a much better song and also Catcher in that matter.

What makes OMG that special to you all. Yes it is a great song but aint even on the same level as TWAT. :shrugs:

I agree, I don't understand this sentiment either. I think it could be that many fans here are relatively new fans for whom that songs represents a lot more than for the rest of us. It was The Return song and they are emotionally well tied with it.

OMG starts off pretty cool but then its just gets super boring n drags on way too long, the solo is one of the worst ive heard in a GnR song. If they brought it back theyd have to do loads to make it more interesting, the new band could do a better job of it than who ever was there in 1999. Id much rather hear some of the deep cuts of CD tho

No one wants it played except 4 retards on a message board, hardly a huge consensus.

I must be a retard as I would love to hear them play the most hard- core venomous song Axl has ever come up with. I love it and think it showcases Axl's brilliance!

This

DOn't be delusional. 99% of the people at a GNR concert don't care about OMG. I definitely wouldn't trade in any of the classic songs for it.

99% of people at a GnR concert also don't care about the multitude of covers and solo jams played. Different story if they only played all Guns material, but they do not.

No one wants it played except 4 retards on a message board, hardly a huge consensus.

This

So you both went to GN'R shows and didn't see/hear all the OMG requests.

Every show I've been to there was at least 1 banner asking for OMG.

Anyway, OMG over LALD, Whole Lotta Rosie, YCBM and Paradise City.

Well, they don't even need to play Oh My God INSTEAD of TWAT, they could play both. The thing is that they rehearsed OMG and its still on the setlist, but we've been yet to hear it live since 2001, hence why there is a demand among the hardcore fanbase - if anything, out of curiosity to hear how much the song changed in those 11 years.

This also means the band itself disagree with the stupid remark that "no one wants it played except 4 retards on a message board". So yeah, its not like people are asking for My World or Don't Damn Me to be played.

Well, they don't even need to play Oh My God INSTEAD of TWAT, they could play both. The thing is that they rehearsed OMG and its still on the setlist, but we've been yet to hear it live since 2001, hence why there is a demand among the hardcore fanbase - if anything, out of curiosity to hear how much the song changed in those 11 years.

This also means the band itself disagree with the stupid remark that "no one wants it played except 4 retards on a message board". So yeah, its not like people are asking for My World or Don't Damn Me to be played.

Prostitutes TWAT and Catcher are also in the list (if that's real) They played? Nope.

Why?

this is the question.

Yeah, the list is real. But, like I said, we actually heard those songs being played live in the past few years. Not the case with OMG.

And the answer of your question: probably because Axl isn't too comfortable to sing those songs.