Why does everyone want OMG to be played LIVE

BucketNZ

No one wants it played except 4 retards on a message board, hardly a huge consensus.

This

So you both went to GN'R shows and didn't see/hear all the OMG requests.

Every show I've been to there was at least 1 banner asking for OMG.

Anyway, OMG over LALD, Whole Lotta Rosie, YCBM and Paradise City.

First: I went a GNR show in 2006. The fans booed Bumblefoot, and no banners there. It is natural to have some fanatics of the shows, but most of the GNR concert goers doesn't give a flying fuck about OMG. That's why Axl played the same setlist for over a decade (Don't get me wrong, i jizzed when he played Estranged and Civil War, but the setlist 70% the same as 2002 if you don't count the countless solos and covers)

Second: If i want i made a banner to Axl, tell him to play Don't Damn Me. He plays? No, i don't think so.

Third: "OMG over LALD, Whole Lotta Rosie, YCBM and Paradise City." great. Personally i don't like LALD. Paradise City, YCBM is obvious so doesn't need banners...

and i love Whole Lotta Rosie. The only cover that's fit GNR (if you don't count KOHD)

Ah I meant that more banners asking for OMG popped up once people found out that OMG was getting rehearsed.

GN'R always had much of the same setlist for each of their tours.

Only I'm not sure what you mean with ''Paradise City, YCBM is obvious so doesn't need banners''.

What I meant to say was that I'd rather see them play OMG than YCBM and Paradise City, song that Axl can't sing for 75% of the time.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love Oh My God, but I acknowledge There Was A Time is great on a level above it hands down. TWAT would be something far more difficult for Axl to pull off live, so I see Oh My God as being something more "realistic" to ask for. Also, there's an element of mystery with Oh My God, I'm pretty sure I could guess how TWAT would sound if played live but Oh My God, between the demo version, the 2001 Rio version, and the one they've played at soundchecks last year sounds so different each time that there's an element of curiosity to why I want to hear it.

The couple of live recordings I've heard of OMG sounded like shit to me. I'd take Rhiad over OMG, personally.

Riad is a cool song too.

And Scraped, which should definitely show up in the setlist more often than it does.