According to Twitter account 'Future Rock Legends',Del james stated that gnr will be at HOF but won't play

Guest Gunns

All I know is that there is no way that Slash is going to show up and not play with somebody.

You got that right! Slash is friends with several of the other inductees he will play with somebody. I bet Duff will also.

Edited by sleeper

• Replies 398
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

SOURCE thanks to jb

GN'R will NOT play at the rock hall. they will all be there though. And that is per Del James. [GNR road manager]

https://twitter.com/#!/futurerocklgnds/status/177519054779711490

Again, it sounds to me like he's talking about new Guns.

Yeah, but it's not the new band who are accepting the award and being inducted, it's the old band.

All I know is that there is no way that Slash is going to show up and not play with somebody.

I hope Slash doesn't bring Fergie with him.

:scared:

Not Fergie but he could very well show up with Ronnie Wood, Joe Perry, Ozzy, Lemmy, Chris Cornell, Beth Hart, or Iggy I could name a lot other people.

Well this Rock N' Roll Hall of Fame sucks. John Frusciante wont be there for the Chili Peppers and GN'R won't be playing any music. I'm really disappointed. :(

I didn't get my hopes up, but there was still a little part of me that was hoping that the original line up would play together.

The only thing I would like to see is Axl and Slash reconcile. It would be cool because then they can both play with each other on stage and collaborate together in the studio.

Imagine Slash playing with Guns N' Roses or vice versa. It would be a great surprise.

Exactly.

I hope Slash doesn't bring Fergie with him.

:scared:

Oh my god. That would be the absolute worst thing that Slash could do. So many people would be pissed off.

I respect that 100%. In my eyes if Axl would perform with the old members it would be a huge slap in the face to the guys who have been in GNR since the late 90's early 2000's.

I'd rather see a slap in the face to the nugnr guys than a slap in the face to the millions of fans who made it possible for the band to get in the hof.

So, he won't play old songs with the old band and he won't play new songs with the new band?

Okay why do you all assume it's Axl's decision to not perform with the original member?

I'm sick of Axl getting the blame for everything. Maybe the other members don't want to play. All of them have moved on and have other bands now, so maybe they don't want to perform.

Also if it is Axl's decision, maybe he thinks it would be disrespecting the new GNR. Don't judge anyone unless you know all the facts and still you shouldn't judge them.

I am just happy that all the original members will be there to accept the induction and that's the most important thing right now.

Do they get paid to perform? Maybe the band couldn't agree on a price? Whatever the reason, I really don't care! I just want them all their to accept this induction into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.

It's going to be shown on HBO, so nothing should be cut out!

It's pretty much a big fuck you to all the fans that supported this band since 1987 and put them In the R&R HOF. It doesn't have to be difficult, play a song or two together, shake hands and walk away, never to see each other again. I am not picking on Axl and If this turns out to be true, can you guess which member wasn't willing to go along with giving the fans a ten minute performance?

I have to agree. I'm disappointed. Not surprised. Not in the least. But disappointed.

I bet you HALL OF FAME GNR (minus Axl and Dizzy) will get up and play something at the Hall of Fame. Axl shouldn't even bother showing up if he's not willing to sing a song.

\

Again, why does everyone assume it's Axl who doesn't want to perform? Any proof of this?

I don't believe this---I don't believe there is any credible source for this quote. Also, didn't Axl say he didn't want to be the bad guy, like Michael Moore or Van Halen, and ruin the experience for the fans in a recent interview?? I think they are gonna play, and they have probably discussed it and are figuring out what they are gonna do. DJ Ashba said in his most recent interview that he hopes they play, and Richard and Tommy both are on record saying the same thing I believe. Duff, Axl, and Izzy for sure have chatted, and my bet is Duff and Izzy are acting as intermediaries in between Axl and Slash, and by showtime, it will get worked out and they will play a few songs, and have a blast doing it.

Without any credible source, and knowing what I do about Del, I don't believe he would say this to anyone. Not buying this quote one bit.

I respect that 100%. In my eyes if Axl would perform with the old members it would be a huge slap in the face to the guys who have been in GNR since the late 90's early 2000's.

I'd rather see a slap in the face to the nugnr guys than a slap in the face to the millions of fans who made it possible for the band to get in the hof.

This.

I don't believe this---I don't believe there is any credible source for this quote. Also, didn't Axl say he didn't want to be the bad guy, like Michael Moore or Van Halen, and ruin the experience for the fans in a recent interview?? I think they are gonna play, and they have probably discussed it and are figuring out what they are gonna do. DJ Ashba said in his most recent interview that he hopes they play, and Richard and Tommy both are on record saying the same thing I believe. Duff, Axl, and Izzy for sure have chatted, and my bet is Duff and Izzy are acting as intermediaries in between Axl and Slash, and by showtime, it will get worked out and they will play a few songs, and have a blast doing it.

Without any credible source, and knowing what I do about Del, I don't believe he would say this to anyone. Not buying this quote one bit.

I hope you're right.

I'm calling it right now. Steven Tyler will show up and sing some songs with Slash, Duff, Izzy and Steven.

Maybe just slash. Since they're both sellouts.

In what way is a Slash a sellout? Because he releases new music? Because he's fan-friendly?

Slash does more to promote Guns N' Roses (due to his association to that band) than Axl or anyone in the current lineup. You don't have to thank him.

I'm calling it right now. Steven Tyler will show up and sing some songs with Slash, Duff, Izzy and Steven.

Maybe just slash. Since they're both sellouts.

At least they release albums more than once every 20 years.

Prostituting themselves for fortune and shame in the meantime.

Edited by wasteofammo

The source, Future Rock Legends, are Rock Hall insiders. They confirmed that GN'R would be inducted and who will be at the ceremony before it was official.

How is it a slap in the face when those old members are the reason the late 90s-current members are where they are right now? In a well known band, getting paid a handsome sum? Do not forget, all those guys after the original line up were paid musicians on a salary, on paper, it's just a gig to them. They could certainly hold deeper sentiments, but on black and white, if the check stops, so do they. The original GnR are the reason why these Guns N' Roses were inducted to the RNRHOF.