According to Twitter account 'Future Rock Legends',Del james stated that gnr will be at HOF but won't play

Guest Gunns

• Replies 398
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good. I could care less, and want the current lineup to not have to deal with this whining by the fans. Hope Axl doesn't show up at all. Enough already, move on. Maybe this will help put an end to all the destructive rumors and BS threads. Get the fuck over it already, my God.

Edited by Gunzen2012

Guest gunns5

I bet you HALL OF FAME GNR (minus Axl and Dizzy) will get up and play something at the Hall of Fame. Axl shouldn't even bother showing up if he's not willing to sing a song.

Axl said thru Beta channels that he would show only if every member promised not to perform at all.

when was this said?

I have a question for the people who think Axl playing with the original band would somehow hurt Nu GNR.

My question is, how the fuck could it make Nu GNR look any worse than they already do? Newsflash to anyone who doesn't venture outside GNR forums - THE CURRENT INCARNATION OF GUNS N' ROSES IS A COMPLETE FUCKING JOKE TO THE AVERAGE MUSIC FAN. Not only do most people not know who anyone in the band is (despite the fact that this group, in one form or another, has been together for a decade now), but they don't CARE to know. They look at Ashba and think "Oh look, Axl got someone who wears a hat like Slash!"

If original GNR never plays a song together again, that won't change the fact that this current group will never, ever, ever, ever be accepted as "Guns N' Roses". They just won't. I mean, what do you all honestly think the chances are that this group ever releases an album as GNR? Axl is fucking 50 years old. It took the 30 year old version of himself 14 years to release his last album. You really expect the next one anytime before he hits 60?

So yeah, this idea that Axl getting up and playing one fucking song with Slash/Izzy/Duff would tarnish the pristine public image of the current group is one of the funniest things I've ever heard. Hell, Ashba has already said he would love it. I'm sure the rest of the group feels the same way. A tour with the original group is never happening. These guys in the band now probably know that. They're not going to lose any sleep if Axl gets up and sings on SCOM and Nightrain.

Edited by OTHAFA

Good. I could care less, and want the current lineup to not have to deal with this whining by the fans. Hope Axl doesn't show up at all. Enough already, move on. Maybe this will help put an end to all the destructive rumors and BS threads. Get the fuck over it already, my God.

Exactly!!!!!

Exactly!!!!!

You people are the worst.

Exactly!!!!!

You people are the worst.

What do you mean "you people?" Learn to be tolerant of others please, it's 2012.

Edited by ohmygod

I would bet anything he is talking about the current version of GNR. He would never refer to former members as Guns 'N Roses, nor does he have a right to speak on behalf of any of them. If anything he is making a point, if all 8 current members of GNR are not playing then GNR is not playing. The current 8 members *is* GNR.

You gotta respect a man's beliefs. You think the band isn't aware of all the blind hate? For fucks sake, many people will hate on the current lineup without even watching a rad YouTube clip, or even giving Chinese Democracy a fair listen. Seriously! Yet they still tour as a band, and have each others backs. That's why I wholeheartedly respect this. If the dudes in the band were only there for a paycheck, then whatever. But you have dudes like Stinson, 4tus, Pitman, and Reed who have all been in this for fucking years, thick n thin, and give it there all for the band that they are in and believe in.

(btw not everyone who supports new gnr just blindly hates the old gnr.... to the couple of hurt folks running around here)

Like dalsh said if they do perform then that's all it should be.... no more speculation, if they're only up to that

MTE and what are some of these folks on "Axl is lame, he'll just do this or that" if I didn't know any better I thought this was blabbermouth (don't get me wrong though) as we should know from the past we don't know what he's going to do so pipe it until the actual date of the ceremony.

This is why I hate whenever there isn't a show going on, ( I see the pattern with the old threads lol) some are too damn bored and start to make threads once again that starts into a pipe bomb fest about Axl/new/old gnr or whatever... :rolleyes: hell f' it I just wait until the new show and try not to keep starting mess, you know that other option lol! :shrugs:

Edited by Nicc

If this is true then I'm glad that its been confirmed before hand so we can just get the "Axl is an asshole" thing out of the way...

Seriously, I can't believe the amount of whinging going on on the forums. IF this is true then it means that the original lineup will all be present at the same venue, potentially together on the stage at the same time after ~18 FUCKING YEARS!!!! (more then 20 years if you count Steven).

This is a big fucking deal in itself and I will be more then happy if certain members manage to get through the night while keeping a civil tone.

Reunion-ist need not worry too much as this may even open doors to future collaborations...

Edited by KiraMPD

I don't think it is a slap in the face to anyone to not play. Just that they are all there accepting together should really be enough. If they do play, well that's a nice bonus. If they don't, I wouldn't mind seeing all the guys do a GNR song with their own band (Slash + Myles, Loaded, Addler's Appetite) and finish out with current GNR doing Paradise City or something.

Guys,i was sure they were not going to play,but think for one moment,if you were to reunite what its better,go there and show the world just 1 pic of all togheter and maybe later sold out a massive reunion tour,or go there play 4 songs and spill the magical moment without earn one $$$

I respect that 100%. In my eyes if Axl would perform with the old members it would be a huge slap in the face to the guys who have been in GNR since the late 90's early 2000's.

Why. From what we have read, all the new guys are ok with the original band receiving the gong and even playing. Not one of them has come out and said that they are pissed for not being asked. Remember like all of us they are fans of the original band and I'm sure they would love to see these guys on stage one more time. God knows it could well be the last.

Good although that they will all be there, likely on the same stage at the same time. Be nice if they just played one song, then all went their own way afterwards and went on with life. It would do wonders for Axl's public image too. it wouldn't mean anything to the current incarnation of Guns that the original band took to the stage.

Edited by no1gooner

Did you guys read the following tweet BTW?

Future Rock Legends ‏ @futurerocklgnds

@Caro_Salinas @IzzysArmy @FLebeis Take that info about GNR with a huge grain of salt. Very unconfirmed at this point.

:rolleyes:

Edited by KiraMPD

Slash, Duff, Izzy and Steven all still get along with each other well, talk to each other, play music together. Even Matt and Steven get along now and they were never even in the band at the same time.

Axl sort of gets along with Izzy and Duff. Izzy occasionally plays a few songs with the nuGnR, Duff went up on stage in 2010. I don't know when the last time Axl and Steven spoke to each other, and I don't think Matt and Axl have spoken in about 6 years (and that was only brief when they bumped into each other somewhere).

So basically, it's all down to Axl. The others all get along with each other. If Axl can find some way to share a stage with Slash again, even for 15 minutes, then there is no reason why they can't perform a few songs together.

Edited by Original GNR