According to Twitter account 'Future Rock Legends',Del james stated that gnr will be at HOF but won't play

Guest Gunns

• Replies 398
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guys, it benefits the new band, Duff's band, Slash's solo efforts, Izzy, and Adler's Appetite if they play a one off gig at the HOF---if you don't think they all know that, then you aren't living in reality. At the end of the day, reading direct quotes from Axl, and the others (the purposeful vagueness of their answers...the old GN'R spur of the moment attitude), it's pretty clear they intend on playing. They just aren't going to confirm it, because once they do that the mystery and free marketing they are all getting is gone. Its pretty damn clear they are gonna play a few songs, make it clear its a one-off and they enjoyed it, and then let the press know that it all just came together magically in the last few days leading up to the show (I can just read the quotes from all of them now "we didn't even know what song we were gonna play until we got up there...weren't even sure of the chord changes or key"...blah blah blah). With the date Duff has scheduled, its pretty clear they are gonna magically reunite for a song or two that night, and then play at the HOF. Book it! Axl, for all his desire to be "street" and "real" is more aware than anyone of this board how much of career suicide, and bad press he would get if he doesn't play a song or two. It's gonna happen. Him and Duff, and Izzy being so close lately is not just miraculous timing...they have known for a few years they were going to get in when they were first eligible. I wouldn't doubt if Axl and Slash have communicated through Duff or Izzy by now. I have no doubt they are gonna end up playing together. It may take Steven Tyler, or Keith Richards joining them onstage, or something to save face, but it will in true GN'R fashion come together at the end (or appear to, when it's likely been planned how they are going to do it for a few months already). With that said, I don't believe in the near future there will be any kind of "reunion". They all are very busy with their own projects right now, and the timing isn't right. In three or four years, it may happen. But, I do believe the best thing that is going to come out of this is that two old friends, Axl and Slash, will finally bury the hatchet, and make peace. Axl, Duff, and Slash are all too invested in their current projects for anything other than a one-off at this point--which I think will benefit all, especially the new GNR and Axl, the most.

Edited by GNFR2003

If Axl wont sing, then what was the "I don't want to spoil this moment for all he fans, its important to them." comment.

Why would he say something like that if he knew he wasn't going to sing?

It had nothing to do with singing. See the examples he cited of Marlon Brando and Michael Moore.

Ali

makes sense to me. Too much stress just for a couple of songs. He have to warm up for like a stadium show. then if the mic mix is bad etc headlines be like Axl destroys legacy at Hall of fame sweep across internet. cooler if Axl just shows up and accepts the award graciously. or does a speech via Skype from the jacuzzi on his private jet.

If Axl wont sing, then what was the "I don't want to spoil this moment for all he fans, its important to them." comment.

Maybe because he is going to attend a ceremony, that I believe, he doesn't want to attend. He'll reunite with people that doesn't want to see, he'll go to a VERY public place... And he'll do all those things, that he obviously hates, just for the fans. I mean, I don't really know the reason, that's just my opinion...

Nice post, GNFR2003. I could definitely see that scenario going down. It's just a little disconcerting that Del said they won't play when he could have just said nothing.

I don't think Del said that, or if he did that is one sentence out of a huge paragraph or answer, and its being taken out of context. Knowing someone who is friends with Del, I highly doubt he said anything about this. Del isn't going to be telling the press, or HOF that the band "ain't playing". This supposed quote out of thin air, unattributed and with no published article or interview, doesn't pass the smell test. It also contradicts what Axl himself told the LA Times. There is no way in hell anyone in GnR is going to say a word about playing or not playing until the show has started. They will keep it a mystery, as GNR has always done. They all know this will be the biggest event in Rock music, besides the one-off Zeppelin show, and Pink Floyd one-off charity reunion in the past 20 years---no one is going to say a damn word about this and ruin it. Give it 24 hours or so, and I bet we find out that supposed quote attributed to Del is complete bullshit.

Edited by GNFR2003

I respect that 100%. In my eyes if Axl would perform with the old members it would be a huge slap in the face to the guys who have been in GNR since the late 90's early 2000's.

um are these grown men or 14 year old girls we're talking about? pretty sure they would understand..

Super lame. So, basically all we have to look forward to at the Hall Of Fame is that all the original members will actually be under the same roof at the same time together? There's no reason they can't play one friggin song together. And, please, spare me that it would be disrespectful to the current band. Do you really think Frank, DJ, Tommy, Ron or Richard would give a shit if Axl plays a couple of songs with the original lineup?? No way. In fact, I'm sure if it was up to them they'd encourage him to do it. After all, the original lineup is the reason the current lineup even exists right now.

Nice post, GNFR2003. I could definitely see that scenario going down. It's just a little disconcerting that Del said they won't play when he could have just said nothing.

I don't think Del said that, or if he did that is one sentence out of a huge paragraph or answer, and its being taken out of context. Knowing someone who is friends with Del, I highly doubt he said anything about this. Del isn't going to be telling the press, or HOF that the band "ain't playing". This supposed quote out of thin air, unattributed and with no published article or interview, doesn't pass the smell test. It also contradicts what Axl himself told the LA Times. There is no way in hell anyone in GnR is going to say a word about playing or not playing until the show has started. They will keep it a mystery, as GNR has always done. They all know this will be the biggest event in Rock music, besides the one-off Zeppelin show, and Pink Floyd one-off charity reunion in the past 20 years---no one is going to say a damn word about this and ruin it. Give it 24 hours or so, and I bet we find out that supposed quote attributed to Del is complete bullshit.

THIS

It had nothing to do with singing. See the examples he cited of Marlon Brando and Michael Moore.

Ali

Not singing is taking this moment away from the fans though...

THIS

Needs to be on the front page.

Look at all of the bullshit in this thread. Ya'll should be happy that Axl and Dizzy are fucking SHOWING UP considering how many of us were pretty unsure they'd be together. You're gonna see them onstage accept an award, AXL ROSE AND SLASH IN THE SAME ROOM. ARE YOU FUCKIN KIDDING ME?! YOU'RE UPSET ABOUT THAT?!! Be fuckin' happy. I'd love a performance as well but for fuck's sake, you people always want more.

Axl: Hey Del, you think I should play with the old guys?

Del: Yeah Axl, it would be awesome and surreal.

Axl: Get the fuck out of my face, you're fired.

Del: I was just fuckin' with you, Axl. Seriously, fuck those guys.

:rofl-lol:

Look at all of the bullshit in this thread. Ya'll should be happy that Axl and Dizzy are fucking SHOWING UP considering how many of us were pretty unsure they'd be together. You're gonna see them onstage accept an award, AXL ROSE AND SLASH IN THE SAME ROOM. ARE YOU FUCKIN KIDDING ME?! YOU'RE UPSET ABOUT THAT?!! Be fuckin' happy. I'd love a performance as well but for fuck's sake, you people always want more.

+1

Ali

I don't agree. I don't feel anything is being taken away from me. The old band is long since dead and buried. I made peace with that long ago.

Ali

Ali

I don't agree. I don't feel anything is being taken away from me. The old band is long since dead and buried. I made peace with that long ago.

Ali

Exactly my thoughts. If it happens, I'm happy, if not... I'm happy too. If they perform, al lot of people hope for a reunion tour, album or whatever. And that'll never happen.

Can't say I care much. I hope they accept the award and remain civil to each other, say some nice words to the fans, and be gracious. But not playing? I never for once thought they would. And it's not a big thing for me, either. Old guns has such a glorified, inflated legacy, best not risk ruin it with a mediocre performance. The focus now should be on current Guns N' Roses, not an old lineup.

But I do feel for all the guys here who have stated that the HOF induction is the greatest thing for them this year (in a year where the band is touring constantly, doing small club gigs, stream live shows, talk about making a new record, and interview constantly). It must be a huge disappointment to them. And I expect the bitterness and ludicrous hating on everything current GN'R to only increase now when even this little enjoyment is taken away from them.

And poor Steven.

I would bet anything he is talking about the current version of GNR. He would never refer to former members as Guns 'N Roses, nor does he have a right to speak on behalf of any of them. If anything he is making a point, if all 8 current members of GNR are not playing then GNR is not playing. The current 8 members *is* GNR.

Guest gunns5

I hope Axl plugs chinese democracy at the event, would be great for some monumental promotion (and win over the old fans).