According to Twitter account 'Future Rock Legends',Del james stated that gnr will be at HOF but won't play

Guest Gunns

• Replies 398
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's pretty much a big fuck you to all the fans that supported this band since 1987 and put them In the R&R HOF. It doesn't have to be difficult, play a song or two together, shake hands and walk away, never to see each other again. I am not picking on Axl and If this turns out to be true, can you guess which member wasn't willing to go along with giving the fans a ten minute performance?

but why would he have to do that ? for the fans ?? dude its his personal life...to us is just a band ! if he doesnt want to be on stage with slash u cant make him or judge him for it !! come on... grow up !

would u like to live your own life by someone else's choices ??

He doesn't have to, and we all know he doesn't do anything he doesn't want to do and he rarely does what the majority considers the right thing. Thats why over the years the bands sales and concert attendance figures have dropped and will continue to drop. The R&R HOF Is not his personal life, they are being Inducted because of fans like you, me, everyone on the board and the millions of fans around the world who bought and paid for his ferraris, airplanes, tour buses and his mansion In Malibu. Your telling me to grow up yet we are talking about a guy that continues to harbor bad feelings over an argument that happened 17 years ago(how ironic). It's not about growing up It's about giving a little back, saying hey thanks for supporting us all these years.

When GnR made it big, the Rock Hall wasn't even built yet, it was all still a pretty new thing at the time, just a place for middle aged rockers to get together and get their buzz on, then the museum was built, and became a bigger deal.

I just wish Axl would say something (get permission from Beta/Fernando to talk) and let us know what is going to happen if anything. Not that tough to speak regarding the HOF plans. JFC a quick call into Trunk or a quick quote to RS.

I totally understand why a performance wouldn't take place. If it did it would undermine the credibility of the new band and their live shows. Even if the original 5 wanted to go down the reunion route, it would make more sense to debut it where the best return was - not for free at the RRHOF! But that clearly isn't the case anyway, so why deal with the fallout of a one-off performance?

It's sad that when it doesn't happen, you just know how much pleasure some will take in where the blame will be levied. It's been a bit of a no-win scenario from the start, when it should be a night of celebration for all involved with GN'R.

So, he won't play old songs with the old band and he won't play new songs with the new band?

Honestly what did ppl expect? Coma! Lmao. Old GNR is long dead and will remain that way. Not a single bit of rehearsal yet lol. Of course there not playing anything, and even if they did it would be not be anything more than a bunch of old band members playing a gig they honestly don't want to play. Which brings me to my point, that the only way a proper reunion gig could ever occur is if those guys actually wanted to play together. There just has to be at least a little desire to play together. If not then it's worse to attempt it then to just accept the award and leave it be.

Edited by SuperBlaine

I totally understand why a performance wouldn't take place. If it did it would undermine the credibility of the new band and their live shows. Even if the original 5 wanted to go down the reunion route, it would make more sense to debut it where the best return was - not for free at the RRHOF! But that clearly isn't the case anyway, so why deal with the fallout of a one-off performance?

It's sad that when it doesn't happen, you just know how much pleasure some will take in where the blame will be levied. It's been a bit of a no-win scenario from the start, when it should be a night of celebration for all involved with GN'R.

Exactly! I say if the old members still can't get up and play then fuck it! and let new gnr play and keep the legacy alive like Axl and Co have been doing for years now.

With a new album hopefully on the horizon, why not let the world know that Gnr has and will be continuing without those guys. That is the very point of GnR of today.

Be happy Axl is even going to show up people, Slash for that matter too. Axl isn't going to perform with the old band, that would completely destroy everything he is trying to build as fans would then anticipate some kind of reunion, thus making the last 15-20 years completely wasted in his attempts. Id love to see them perform but you can see why it won't

It seems that its extremelyyyyy easy to slap GN'R fans in the face. If Axl doesnt show up to the HOF, its a slap in the face. If he does but doesnt sing, its a slap in the face. If he sings, it will still be a slap in the face because there will be no reunion after.

There are no slap-free options. No matter what Axl does, somebody will find a way to feel slapped.

It seems that its extremelyyyyy easy to slap GN'R fans in the face. If Axl doesnt show up to the HOF, its a slap in the face. If he does but doesnt sing, its a slap in the face. If he sings, it will still be a slap in the face because there will be no reunion after.

There are no slap-free options. No matter what Axl does, somebody will find a way to feel slapped.

exactly, some people will complain no matter what happens!

exactly, some people will complain no matter what happens!

Because the fans are divided and It will always remain this way. For the MOST PART It Is older generation=original band, younger generation=new band.

I wonder how he got himself into such a situation?

I wonder how he got himself into such a situation?

It has to be Duff, Steven, Matt, Slash, Izzy, Gilby and bucketheads fault or maybe It's the fans, or the record company or the bands manager or Metallica or Nirvana or........ nevermind I think you get the picture.

Axl has to start trying to change how others perceive him. Everybody has put the blame on him throughout the years, and he has only backed that up by his own actions (14 yrs to create an album, multiple manager firings, can't get along with any label, members of the band constantly leaving, no band promotion etc, etc.) It's time to start to try and change the typical perceptions about him. This may never happen 100%, with all the past history, but he can do a few things to help. We have already seen a few steps taken: This past tour or two has gone well with no interuptions or riots, we've actually seen a sit down interview, we've seen him play with Duff. All these things help people to view him as a decent normal human being, not the crazed lunatic that the media has portrayed him to be. At the very least, he needs to show up and accept this award and shake hands with the old band. I think it would be a great promotional tool for the new band to see Axl perform with the old band and then have the new band join in on a jam maybe to go into a closing song (paradise city). Axl can come out of this as the good guy instead of the villain, then he can use the positive buzz to promote this band with the upcoming tour and hopefully newly released music. This is in my opinion, is the only smart and logical thing to do, but then again, we are talking about Guns N Roses, were nothing happens logically.

Axl has to start trying to change how others perceive him. Everybody has put the blame on him throughout the years, and he has only backed that up by his own actions (14 yrs to create an album, multiple manager firings, can't get along with any label, members of the band constantly leaving, no band promotion etc, etc.) It's time to start to try and change the typical perceptions about him. This may never happen 100%, with all the past history, but he can do a few things to help. We have already seen a few steps taken: This past tour or two has gone well with no interuptions or riots, we've actually seen a sit down interview, we've seen him play with Duff. All these things help people to view him as a decent normal human being, not the crazed lunatic that the media has portrayed him to be. At the very least, he needs to show up and accept this award and shake hands with the old band. I think it would be a great promotional tool for the new band to see Axl perform with the old band and then have the new band join in on a jam maybe to go into a closing song (paradise city). Axl can come out of this as the good guy instead of the villain, then he can use the positive buzz to promote this band with the upcoming tour and hopefully newly released music. This is in my opinion, is the only smart and logical thing to do, but then again, we are talking about Guns N Roses, were nothing happens logically.

Nice post and very true. I also believe It will do more good then harm to at least see a handshake.

Be happy Axl is even going to show up people, Slash for that matter too. Axl isn't going to perform with the old band, that would completely destroy everything he is trying to build as fans would then anticipate some kind of reunion, thus making the last 15-20 years completely wasted in his attempts. Id love to see them perform but you can see why it won't

I think it's weird he wouldn't perform with the band that got him there but, whatever.

I'm all for the handshake, but I'm glad they won't be playing together. Just wonder how much speculation about a reunion would occur.

A ton of people wanting a reunion isn't a bad thing I don't think. It speaks to how great the former band really was.