According to Twitter account 'Future Rock Legends',Del james stated that gnr will be at HOF but won't play

Guest Gunns

If this is true then I'm glad that its been confirmed before hand so we can just get the "Axl is an asshole" thing out of the way...

Seriously, I can't believe the amount of whinging going on on the forums. IF this is true then it means that the original lineup will all be present at the same venue, potentially together on the stage at the same time after ~18 FUCKING YEARS!!!! (more then 20 years if you count Steven).

This is a big fucking deal in itself and I will be more then happy if certain members manage to get through the night while keeping a civil tone.

Reunion-ist need not worry too much as this may even open doors to future collaborations...

Great post- and dead on in my view. Just the mere fact that there seems to be a chance they'll all be under the same roof celebrating a common accomplishment is HUGE. Who knows what may come of that over time. I understand the fascination but fixating on April 14, 2012 (or whatever it is) as the one and only day Axl (and perhaps Dizzy) and the alumni will either perform together or NOT ever perform together is unnecessary IMHO. Folks (on all sides) should just hope the evening GOES WELL first and foremost and see what develops (if anything) from there...

• Replies 398
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Look its all well and good speculating who's decision it's been not to play, but throwing out wild accusations and trying to score points off one another is bullshit. Only the inner people within the GNR circle know what is going on and the reasons for not wanting to play.

It may not have been axl (although granted it probably has been his decision)

It may have even been Izzy - he may not have fancied getting up there and playing with the old band and being in the spotlight again

It may have been a contract issue with the hall or the TV companies

Maybe it was a joint decision as everyone is happy with where they are in their lives right now and happy with their own projects and want to avoid the whole reunion tour questions

Maybe Axl does plan on releasing a new album with the new guys and playing with the old guys tarnishes his chances with a record company of releasing that record if the record company has already seen that he was willing to play with the old guys

Hell it may have even been an issue on agreeing what songs are going to be played and who the damn drummer would be.

In short we dont fucking know, everyone just needs to chill the fuck out, relax, take a deep breath and just ride the ride and see what happens. As stated previously, it is good that everyone seems willing at least to be under the same roof

Edited by mr.flibble

I'm not disappointed, it's only logical. What would be lame is those 5 guys playing just 1 basic song that we've heard a thousand times before like Welcome to the jungle or Sweet Child and not do anything together ever again.

Apparently the Hall of Fame will be the first time they reunite all together since 1991 or so. This in itself is huge, if they do get along, then maybe there's some hope for the future, but you can't force Axl to somehow get along and play with Slash that quick and for what?

What would be extremely cool though is a secret rehearsal between the 5, somehow all forgive each other and rehearse songs like Coma and TWAT for the HOF. This at least would be something interesting. But I couldn't care less about whether or not they'll play anything out of Appetite at the HOF, I don't care about that. It's COMA and TWAT or nothing.

And of course GNR should be inducted by the only worthy rock band of the last 10 years: Muse. And Muse should perform Dead Star, Shrinking Universe, Eternally Missed, and Spiral Static. Now that would be a great fucking date to remember.

Also, with all the people insisting that Axl should sing with the former members....

...And considering how much people have been complaining about Axl's voice over the past year...

So what happens if Axl sings but his voice is not be totally up to par thus "ruining" the event for the fans? What if he sings and decides to bring "Mickey" along with him? He'll probably get a worse rep for that then he would by not singing at all...

It's might be risky atm is all I'm saying.

The vid above ( :lol: ) is probably how its gonna go down.

I'm not disappointed, it's only logical. What would be lame is those 5 guys playing just 1 basic song that we've heard a thousand times before like Welcome to the jungle or Sweet Child and not do anything together ever again.

Apparently the Hall of Fame will be the first time they reunite all together since 1991 or so. This in itself is huge, if they do get along, then maybe there's some hope for the future, but you can't force Axl to somehow get along and play with Slash that quick and for what?

What would be extremely cool though is a secret rehearsal between the 5, somehow all forgive each other and rehearse songs like Coma and TWAT for the HOF. This at least would be something interesting. But I couldn't care less about whether or not they'll play anything out of Appetite at the HOF, I don't care about that. It's COMA and TWAT or nothing.

And of course GNR should be inducted by the only worthy rock band of the last 10 years: Muse. And Muse should perform Dead Star, Shrinking Universe, Eternally Missed, and Spiral Static. Now that would be a great fucking date to remember.

Y9xL8.gif

Y9xL8.gif

:lol:

It's pretty much a big fuck you to all the fans that supported this band since 1987 and put them In the R&R HOF. It doesn't have to be difficult, play a song or two together, shake hands and walk away, never to see each other again. I am not picking on Axl and If this turns out to be true, can you guess which member wasn't willing to go along with giving the fans a ten minute performance?

It does have to be difficult though because if he does it the same "fans" you talk about will be all over the internet saying he should now do a reunion tour (times a million what already happens!) then they'll use it as an excuse to say he's betrayed the current line-up too and continue to mock them. Axl cannot win in this situation. Or the way I see it is the only "win" situation is for everyone ever involved in the GNR saga to perform (calm down people - NOT saying I think they should all be inducted - I believe that should be reserved for the "classic" 5 + Sorum and probably Dizzy at most) a range of material ie say it was 5 song set - scom/jungle - classic = 5, november rain = 1992 lineup, Chin Dem/Better - current lineup/Robin/Bucket/Brian. Something like that. At least invite everyone anyway - doubt Bucket or Robin would turn up anyway.

You people should be happy that the 5 of them are together to accept the award after all the shit that has been said and done the past 20 years,

Definitely agree actually - that would be a great result if the 5 could just get up with no bullshit and just thank the fans for the support and leave it at that.

So uh, the new-new GNR members are actually invited to the Hall of fame event? I'd guess the lot of them need to buy a ticket to get in.

"Ah but sire, there is a misunderstanding here. See, I am Bumblefoot. "

"A what now? Get back in the line, son. "

It's pretty much a big fuck you to all the fans that supported this band since 1987 and put them In the R&R HOF. It doesn't have to be difficult, play a song or two together, shake hands and walk away, never to see each other again. I am not picking on Axl and If this turns out to be true, can you guess which member wasn't willing to go along with giving the fans a ten minute performance?

but why would he have to do that ? for the fans ?? dude its his personal life...to us is just a band ! if he doesnt want to be on stage with slash u cant make him or judge him for it !! come on... grow up !

would u like to live your own life by someone else's choices ??

It does have to be difficult though because if he does it the same "fans" you talk about will be all over the internet saying he should now do a reunion tour (times a million what already happens!) then they'll use it as an excuse to say he's betrayed the current line-up too and continue to mock them. Axl cannot win in this situation. Or the way I see it is the only "win" situation is for everyone ever involved in the GNR saga to perform (calm down people - NOT saying I think they should all be inducted - I believe that should be reserved for the "classic" 5 + Sorum and probably Dizzy at most) a range of material ie say it was 5 song set - scom/jungle - classic = 5, november rain = 1992 lineup, Chin Dem/Better - current lineup/Robin/Bucket/Brian. Something like that. At least invite everyone anyway - doubt Bucket or Robin would turn up anyway.

You people should be happy that the 5 of them are together to accept the award after all the shit that has been said and done the past 20 years,

Definitely agree actually - that would be a great result if the 5 could just get up with no bullshit and just thank the fans for the support and leave it at that.

I think Matt would be pretty pissed if the only song he got to play was November Rain. He disliked the fact that the band even had a piano anyway.

I have a question for the people who think Axl playing with the original band would somehow hurt Nu GNR.

My question is, how the fuck could it make Nu GNR look any worse than they already do? Newsflash to anyone who doesn't venture outside GNR forums - THE CURRENT INCARNATION OF GUNS N' ROSES IS A COMPLETE FUCKING JOKE TO THE AVERAGE MUSIC FAN. Not only do most people not know who anyone in the band is (despite the fact that this group, in one form or another, has been together for a decade now), but they don't CARE to know. They look at Ashba and think "Oh look, Axl got someone who wears a hat like Slash!"

If original GNR never plays a song together again, that won't change the fact that this current group will never, ever, ever, ever be accepted as "Guns N' Roses". They just won't. I mean, what do you all honestly think the chances are that this group ever releases an album as GNR? Axl is fucking 50 years old. It took the 30 year old version of himself 14 years to release his last album. You really expect the next one anytime before he hits 60?

So yeah, this idea that Axl getting up and playing one fucking song with Slash/Izzy/Duff would tarnish the pristine public image of the current group is one of the funniest things I've ever heard. Hell, Ashba has already said he would love it. I'm sure the rest of the group feels the same way. A tour with the original group is never happening. These guys in the band now probably know that. They're not going to lose any sleep if Axl gets up and sings on SCOM and Nightrain.

Everyone read this again, thank you.

Sorum said in an interview not too long ago if anyone from the old lineup performs, he said he would be willing to do the Illusions era songs and Steven do the Appetite/Lies era songs depending on Stevie's health.

So if the old GN'R members decide to perform with or without Axl, and/or the CD era lineup appears, which we most likely won't know until April, they should do a 13 song set.

Jungle with classic AFD lineup (Axl, Sash, Izzy, Steven, Duff)

Sweet Child with clasic AFD lineup (Axl, Sash, Izzy, Steven, Duff)

Patience with classic AFD lineup (Axl, Sash, Izzy, Steven, Duff)

November Rain with Illusions/Spaghetti era lineup (Axl, Sash, Izzy, Matt, Gilby, Duff)

You Could Be Mine with Illusions/Spaghetti era lineup (Axl, Sash, Izzy, Matt, Gilby, Duff)

Don't Cry (Original) with Illusions/Spaghetti era lineup (Axl, Sash, Izzy, Matt, Gilby, Duff)

Chinese Democracy with current CD era lineup

Street Of Dreams with current CD lineup

Madagascar with current CD era lineup

Paradise City with all members past/present

What do you guys think?

Edited by Death Star

I've always thought that Axl will pretend he's got some voice problems to avoid RRHOF performance

But he simply chickens out of it

If one off HOF performance would undermine current line-up then it means current band has no power whatsoever

But maybe that's the case and del James evaluation is right: they have no unique image, no new material, looks like

nothing is coming up except for the touring, touring, boring..... :sleeper:

Every single person that has ever been a member of Guns should cram on the stage and play My World all 1 minute of it and walk off. Leaving everyone completely fucking baffled about what the hell happened. That would be an appropriate symbol of what GNR is.

Every single person that has ever been a member of Guns should cram on the stage and play My World all 1 minute of it and walk off. Leaving everyone completely fucking baffled about what the hell happened. That would be an appropriate symbol of what GNR is.

Yes. Turn it all up to 11 and then bug the fuck out

Sorum said in an interview not too long ago if anyone from the old lineup performs, he said he would be willing to do the Illusions era songs and Steven do the Appetite/Lies era songs depending on Stevie's health.

So if the old GN'R members decide to perform with or without Axl, and/or the CD era lineup appears, which we most likely won't know until April, they should do a 13 song set.

Jungle with classic AFD lineup (Axl, Sash, Izzy, Steven, Duff)

Sweet Child with clasic AFD lineup (Axl, Sash, Izzy, Steven, Duff)

Patience with classic AFD lineup (Axl, Sash, Izzy, Steven, Duff)

November Rain with Illusions/Spaghetti era lineup (Axl, Sash, Izzy, Matt, Gilby, Duff)

You Could Be Mine with Illusions/Spaghetti era lineup (Axl, Sash, Izzy, Matt, Gilby, Duff)

Don't Cry (Original) with Illusions/Spaghetti era lineup (Axl, Sash, Izzy, Matt, Gilby, Duff)

Chinese Democracy with current CD era lineup

Street Of Dreams with current CD lineup

Madagascar with current CD era lineup

Paradise City with all members past/present

What do you guys think?

Have you ever watched a HOF induction? NO ONE plays more than 1-2 songs and if they it is in the jam at the end (in this case probably KOHD) with everyone who is there that feels like getting on stage.

:rofl-lol: :rofl-lol: :rofl-lol: