If you could 'Mix and Match' members. What would be your ultimate GN'R lineup.

AxlSMRoses

I'm having a flashback to another thread here. In any event, here it goes:

Lead Vocals: Roberta

Backing Vocals: Tracey

Piano: Axl Rose

Lead Guitar: Mother Goose

Rhythm Guitar: Fortus

Lead Bass: Duff

Rhythm Bass: Tommy

Lead Drums: Brain

Rhythm Drums: Frank

Bongos: Dizzy

Timpani: Matt Sorum

Talkbox: Slash

Triangle: Steven Adler

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This one:

LOLOLOL Buckethead @ 2:40 :rofl-lol:

That is what made this version of the band legendary and so mythical...

There's just something special about this show, it kind of signaled a new era of Guns... and the players were just magnificant.

Can you imagine THIS line-up of Guns N' Roses in 2012 playing the likes of Riad, Oh My God, Better, Prostitute and There Was A Time. rock2

That is what made this version of the band legendary and so mythical...

There's just something special about this show, it kind of signaled a new era of Guns... and the players were just magnificant.

Can you imagine THIS line-up of Guns N' Roses in 2012 playing the likes of Riad, Oh My God, Better, Prostitute and There Was A Time. rock2

I remember the exact day I found out this show and discovered the new line-up of Guns N' Roses. I had no complaints at all. They were brilliant. I loved Buckethead's solo, Axl's voice disappointed me a bit but whatever, the rest of the guys were phenomenal.

I gotta say that since 2001 I have not seen the whole show again. I'm definitely adding the whole "2001-2002 era" to my hundreds of bootlegs of the original line-up. Back in the day I didn't capture those special moments with this line-up.

And yes, if Buckethead played TWAT for the first time ever (I think?) I'd die. :shocked:

Edited by pi2loc

Axl Rose (vocals, piano)

Slash (lead guitar)

Bumblefoot (lead guitar)

Dj Ashba (rhythm guitar)

Duff McKagan (bass guitar)

Matt Sorum (drums)

Dizzy Reed (keyboards, piano)

Chris Pitman (keyboards, programming)

Basically the "post-Illusions" band Axl originally had wanted: (1) Slash + the "heavy artillery" of an additional lead player (Bumblefoot) who can play all styles AND an additional keyboardist/programmer (Pitman); AND (2) an "Indiana/Mid-West" song-writer he trusts and likes on rhythm guitar in Dj.

Edited by AXL_N_DIZZY

I think this line-up, which briefly existed, would have been fascinating to hear an album from:

W. Axl Rose – lead vocals

Duff McKagan – bass, backing vocals

Dizzy Reed – keyboards, piano, backing vocals

Matt Sorum – drums, percussion, backing vocals

Paul Tobias – rhythm guitar

Robin Finck – lead guitar

I agree, I actually started a thread about this a while back. Apparently Duff thought Robin was pretty good or a 'cool guy' or something.

Axl - Vocals

Ashba - Lead Guitar (For Classic Era Songs)

Finck - Lead Guitar (For Chinese Era Songs)

Fortus - Rhythm Guitar (He Could Also Handle The Buckethead And Bumblefoot Solos Live)

Tommy - Bass Guitar

Brain - Drums

Dizzy & Pitman - Keys

And Bumblefoot could still record stuff in the studio

Absurd. Youd rather hear DJ copying Slash and Finck copying Buckethead.

I'm surprised no one has combined Slash and Buckethead yet.

Im not surprised as it shows the lack of imagination of a lot of fans. Even in a hypothetical situation people would prefer to have DJ in the band cos they cant bring themselves to allow Slash in. Funny how loads of people have put the CD era band but with Duff on bass. Because he's in the cool club now that Axl likes him again. He used to get as little respect as Slash now its all rosy.

I think this line-up, which briefly existed, would have been fascinating to hear an album from:

W. Axl Rose – lead vocals

Duff McKagan – bass, backing vocals

Dizzy Reed – keyboards, piano, backing vocals

Matt Sorum – drums, percussion, backing vocals

Paul Tobias – rhythm guitar

Robin Finck – lead guitar

I agree, I actually started a thread about this a while back. Apparently Duff thought Robin was pretty good or a 'cool guy' or something.

Wasn't Duff the one who discovered Robin?

I'd thought of Slash and Buckethead but figured if we are talking in a modern context I'd rather have Bumblefoot and Buckethead.