Endless Touring

YOUCOULDBEMINE.

Also if you put all of this into context, I sometimes get worried about Tommy.....Because like him or not, he seems like a dude who stands no shit from anyone. And in the last few years, Tommy has indeed shown signs of getting fed up with the situation. From his obscure twitter remarks, to his onstage antics, to his own desire to create his own music and tour with other bands. I just hope we don't lose Tommy, because at least for me that would be a huge loss spiritualy.

Tommy and Ron both showed signs. But I don't know, I think Axl would call Duff in a heartbeat and people would love it. But oh well, what do I know? It's not like we have documents and emails between band members and Axl talking about this possibility.

You guys have very selective memories. Do you not recall Tommy's blog post after the Fall US tour ended?

Ali

Ali, I didn't say he will leave. Only said he showed signs. He wanted to leave back in 2006 before the 1st Hammerstein show. Then Bumblefoot said that if he didn't manage to be on tour in 2011, Tommy would leave too (and then Richard and then Axl would get sued, or something like that). Do I want him to leave? Of course no, he wrote my favorite song in Chinese Democracy and happens to be an awesome musician judging by his solo efforts. I was just talking about their noticeble frustration for getting more touring instead of studio time.

Ali, do you only come on MYGNR to put us all back in our place?... :krider:

Look, Tommy has showed many signs of being unhappy in the last few years. If you read between the lines, it's not hard to see at all. Same with Ron, it's not hard to see the same things with Ron... from countless of things that have happened over the years, and his comments in interviews and such.

Same as Voodoo, do I want them to go....... of course not, but you are just lying to yourself if your saying that you can't honestly see them venting from time to time over various things. :rolleyes:

Edited by One.In.A.Million

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ali and a couple others are here to tell us what REALLY is happening with the band, and to tell people what they can and cannot post about.

I know I get that feeling too...

And BTW, you REALLY don't have to sign your name below EVERY post you write.....

We get it, your name's Ali. <_<

Ali and a couple others are here to tell us what REALLY is happening with the band, and to tell people what they can and cannot post about.

And BTW, you REALLY don't have to sign your name below EVERY post you write.....

He's been doing it for years, you're not going to stop him.

I know he has which is fine, don't bother me to be honest.

I just don't get it to be fair... :rolleyes:

Back on topic though...

I wonder if all this touring, and Axls' desire to focus on CD for the forseable future is because he don't want to give up on it. But then I think if it was because of that, then why did he seem so lackluster to do any sort of promotion for the album in the first place.

Something doesn't add up..... I guess Axl is doing it for the good of the fans and also because he is aware that revenue is mostly made from touring now and not releases.

While it's unfortunate that Axl wasn't comfortable cooperating with the release and promotion of the album, I respect that cared enough about the presentation of the release that he was willing to take a stand and stay home if they didn't address whatever issues he had.

But, now that we're past all that, there's no denying there's been some very encouraging things the last couple of years.

• In the post-CD era, we've had several tours announced and completed without much incident or cancellations.

• In the post-CD era, we've had no changes to the lineup, a problem that plagued the band for years.

• In the post-CD era, the band actually has a website with current information and regular updates.

• In the post-CD era, we've had multiple concerts streamed live online.

• In the post-CD era, we've had the returns of Estranged and Civil War, songs many fans had literally BEGGED for.

• In the post-CD era, we've had Axl sit down for a proper television interview.

• In the post-CD era, we've seen the live shows expand to mammoth 3+ hour shows with songs from every era.

So while there still may be some things to complain about, there are a lot less than there had been for a long time.

MSL, I completely agree with you. i konw you didn't like my comments re: Axl claiming he doesn't owe anyone anything, but at the end of the day I think we're both on the same side of the fence. great post, and i really admire your posts of support in the last few days. :thumbsup:

I honestly don't dislike MSL, and agree that I appreciate his support for GN'R in recent posts.

But is it only me that feels an indifference, and to sum it up, don't know the sincerety of his posts considering all MSL has done to the band in the past. I know you are probably trying to make amends to GN'R, for all of the stupid things you have done in the past concerning a negative essence. Which almost certainly didn't put you in good light with GN'R, and members of the GN'R community due to your involvment in things you shouldn't of had.

So, I'm sure I'm not the only one who is struggling to decide whether your posts have a degree of sarcasm.

But if it's sincere, then I applaud you as you seem to have grown up abit from past exploits.

^^MSL has done nothing but good for this band. i've always been a supporter of him, although that isn't reflected in the username I'm currently writing under.

(although, i have to admit that I was a bit surprised at his anger towards my relatively innocuous post about Axl's "don't owe anyone anything" statement LOL!)

Edited by nonlinear

post about whatever you want. just don't cry if someone corrects or disproves something you say.

even if it takes a bit of twisting and manip to do it...

:rofl-lol: Haha

moreblack -

post examples or you're just another purveyor of merit-less complaints.

What about deciding what I meant to say even though I explained several times what I really said?

Edited by Voodoochild

Yes but Ali is one of the few people in here who has his facts straight and who posts with common sense.

Guest gunns5

Put a new album to the side for a minute, Axl could release just 1 new song and then play tht new song live at each of the upcoming concerts, and this will keep the diehards wanting a new album temporarily at bay, whilst also propelling this band back towards being unpredctable as far as setlists/touring is concerned and thus win over more old fans.

That could work just fine. Release a single with a movie or something, I dont know.. Just keep things fresh instead of getting excuses for touring in circles around the world.

Exactly, 1 song on iTunes, I'm sure Axl could release one from the vault and slap it on a movie or throw it with some live gnr tour footage and up it to YouTube then bam , gnr gathers momentum again

Put a new album to the side for a minute, Axl could release just 1 new song and then play tht new song live at each of the upcoming concerts, and this will keep the diehards wanting a new album temporarily at bay, whilst also propelling this band back towards being unpredctable as far as setlists/touring is concerned and thus win over more old fans.

That could work just fine. Release a single with a movie or something, I dont know.. Just keep things fresh instead of getting excuses for touring in circles around the world.

Exactly, 1 song on iTunes, I'm sure Axl could release one from the vault and slap it on a movie or throw it with some live gnr tour footage and up it to YouTube then bam , gnr gathers momentum again

Cant understand how thats something so hard for them to do. They did it with Oh My God, but even then they fucked up because there was no video and no live performances. If they could manage to do it properly, at least playing the song in some TV show, I think they could really buy some more time for more touring before really getting into the studio to finish up the record.

What about deciding what I meant to say even though I explained several times what I really said?

You made a very straight forward statement, leaving little to no room for interpretation. After you were proven wrong, you tried several times to wiggle out of the original statement instead of just admitting you were wrong. You lied and said your quote was taken out of context when it wasn't, leaving the impression that you didn't actually know what it meant to take something out of context.

You can take your rethorics elsewhere, doesnt work for me. Twist things up as much as you want, but you didnt proven me wrong. And I didnt lied just because you wish I had. Its exactly like I said all over again: you want to decide what I meant. And you keep ignoring anything else because then your statement wouldnt work. Interestingly, thats exactly what you've been doing when other people bring good arguments about the context of the current tour when you insist its a normal thing.

Im standing for my original post and everything I said. And Im not the one who have a reputation of being a lier, sorry.

Yes but Ali is one of the few people in here who has his facts straight and who posts with common sense.

Thank you, I needed a laugh this morning.

If facts and common sense means worshiping Axl and constantly telling people what real fans are, and telling people what they can and cannot post about, then yes. You are correct.

Thank you, I needed a laugh this morning.

If facts and common sense means worshiping Axl and constantly telling people what real fans are, and telling people what they can and cannot post about, then yes. You are correct.

This. Never have I heard Ali say ANYTHING critical about Axl, ever. You cannot expect 'facts' and unbiased opinions from someone, ANYONE who cannot be critical.

only in the world of gnr does someone develop a reputation of being a liar by delivering news/info/songs for years. this band literally has one of the strangest fanbases i've ever seen.

lol, you even said yourself that you're a liar when you explained how you got demos. And half-truths are still lies, you should know. What is really strange is having some "fan" that tried to blackmail the band and then act like the ultimate supporter by twisting things up when someone speak anything against the current band's plan.

"Who cares if they were touring in 2002 without a release date? Its basically the same fucking setlist."

The context of that quote is that you feel the set now is basically the same as 2002. Please explain how it was taken out of context. What was the supposed original context where the quote DIDN'T mean you think it's basically the same set now.

Are you sure you understand the meanings of the words you're using?

I sure do, but you clearly don't. I wont explain for the third time, sorry. :sleeper:

only in the world of gnr does someone develop a reputation of being a liar by delivering news/info/songs for years. this band literally has one of the strangest fanbases i've ever seen.

lol, you even said yourself that you're a liar when you explained how you got demos. And half-truths are still lies, you should know. What is really strange is having some "fan" that tried to blackmail the band and then act like the ultimate supporter by twisting things up when someone speak anything against the current band's plan.

You mean those emails including the false ones regarding Ron complaining about Ashba getting more money? Yes, those were lies indeed. I do believe that Ron's reputation and his own self respect mean much more than some false claims made by someone. Judging by that I really think that we were lied to regarding several other subjects.

You mean those emails including the false ones regarding Ron complaining about Ashba getting more money? Yes, those were lies indeed. I do believe that Ron's reputation and his own self respect mean much more than some false claims made by someone. Judging by that I really think that we were lied to regarding several other subjects.

Let's not forget Mr Spain and Mr Portugal.....LOL. :rofl-lol: :rofl-lol: :rofl-lol:

Haven't laughed so much in all my life...

And the jump drive in China. And the fake Catcher demo. And the claiming that everything that leaked, including the multitracka, was his work. And the promises to reveal stuff that never happened. We can go on and on. A bit hypocrite to call other people a liar, huh?

And the jump drive in China. And the fake Catcher demo. And the claiming that everything that leaked, including the multitracka, was his work. And the promises to reveal stuff that never happened. We can go on and on. A bit hypocrite to call other people a liar, huh?

Oh yes almost forgot..... "My friend in China"... CLASSIC. :lol:

But those made up lists concerning emails claiming this and that, about how bandmembers hate each other..... and even claiming to have access to made up emails involving Beta Fernando etc. This is serious stuff, which is horrible and absolutely selfish. And now he is trying to dictate to all of the fans who don't share his opinion on the band, give me a break. :thumbsdown:

After you were proven wrong, you tried several times to wiggle out of the original statement instead of just admitting you were wrong.

Not true. I've read all his post and no one has proved him wrong. It's just you and your 102939 posts in this thread.

You lied and said your quote was taken out of context when it wasn't, leaving the impression that you didn't actually know what it meant to take something out of context.

Yes, it was taken out of context. You probably think that just because you keep posting your nonsense in this thread and he keeps replying you're the one who's right. No, you're wrong and it's time to shut up. :thumbsup:

Edited by pi2loc

After you were proven wrong, you tried several times to wiggle out of the original statement instead of just admitting you were wrong.

Not true. I've read all his post and no one has proved him wrong. It's just you and your 102939 posts in this thread.

You lied and said your quote was taken out of context when it wasn't, leaving the impression that you didn't actually know what it meant to take something out of context.

Yes, it was taken out of context. You probably think that just because you keep posting your nonsense in this thread and he keeps replying you're the one who's right. No, you're wrong and it's time to shut up. :thumbsup:

Regardless of other bullshit with leaks and stuff, MSL's reasoning on the tours is correct and supported by facts.

This^ props to Ali. :thumbsup: