Endless Touring

YOUCOULDBEMINE.

Twat and Prostitute are my 2 favourite songs on the album as I'm sure many will agree so why won't Axl play them?

Just seems like those Japan shows they played near enough the whole Album and realised some songs don't come across live as good as they wanted them to be so dropped them from the set. I don't know. It's a question only Axl will answer but I remember people screaming out all over the net to get them to play TWAT in 2006 regularly, but it never stuck.

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its obvious Michael Ja-- oops I mean Axl suffers from some psychological condition that causes him to hate people yet seek their acceptance.

Such a desire could lead to repeating actions from his past that he associates with acceptance i.e. playing AFD for nights on end without risking the public's ire by performing untested new material that may be met with disapproval or worse - apathy.

Its obvious Michael Ja-- oops I mean Axl suffers from some psychological condition that causes him to hate people yet seek their acceptance.

Such a desire could lead to repeating actions from his past that he associates with acceptance i.e. playing AFD for nights on end without risking the public's ire by performing untested new material that may be met with disapproval or worse - apathy.

Hoping for sarcasm.

Hoping for sarcasm.

Hope in one hand, shit in the other. See which fills up first.

And concerts are mostly for the casual fans. Axl is pleasing the wrong crowd.

ENTITLEMENT

ENTITLEMENT

ENTITLEMENT

ENTITLEMENT

ENTITLEMENT

ENTITLEMENT

Yup! That same ugly head is rearing up again,some people harbor the mistaken notion that the act of buying a ticket,an album,or some merchandise somehow magically gives them the power to know what GNR "should" do,and actually expect GNR to cater to their whims,and my don't we have an overabundance of e-experts!

Can't believe some of you really think another album is around the corner just because DJ Ashba say's he wrote some guitar riffs

There's been another album long before Ashba joined.

I don't think Axl really gives a shit about the songs Ashba wrote.

I don't get it. So is it wrong now to wish for new songs? Even Ashba and Tommy admited it was the right time to get into the studio, band members are all anxious to have new music. Its not like people are getting upset that they are active somehow, but just wishing they were already moving foward.

I don't get it. So is it wrong now to wish for new songs? Even Ashba and Tommy admited it was the right time to get into the studio, band members are all anxious to have new music. Its not like people are getting upset that they are active somehow, but just wishing they were already moving foward.

I would like to hear unreleased Finck and Buckethead songs first

Of course, me too. But I'm being realistic: Ashba will put his hands in Robin's and Bucket's song.

Of course, me too. But I'm being realistic: Ashba will put his hands in Robin's and Bucket's song.

Yeah, and who knows what the results are.

I think Ashba will just do rythmn parts and will only do solos on his own songs.

and thats the thing.

This music was recorded, sat around for a while for god only knows what reason, some of the guys involved left the band, a few years go by, nothing. Fans try to come up with excuses because they believe there's some kind of endgame in mind but... is there? This band in its many forms spent a total of 15 years to perfect one album that they've spent the past 4 touring in the name of. Given that, I just can't believe people can actually talk about new music from "Guns N' Roses" with a straight face.

GNR are at their best live, but I do hope the future of GNR will be putting songs out as they go, instead of trying to put together a new album. That's the only way to me someone who's a perfectionist will be able to put something new out and not take years.

Good point, I like them touring...fullstop. I like how they are building...rebuilding a base in the US....by touring. Rather than releasing a new album I like the idea of Bumble in releasing one single in between the tour cycles or in between tours. Maybe they can do this by releasing one single for Europe for example this summer followed by another single for South America and then a third in the U.S/Canada tour for example for 2012 and then if its Oz/NZ/Asia in 2013 promote a forth single. By the time you have this format you have songs thrashed out and played live ready to put out as an album. There is no over thinking or excessive tinkering in this process. The future of GNR is live and being out there physically. I love how they did the UCAP tour. Touring is the way to go in releasing the old and new music. The work ethic and chemistry of this band is amazing and are all brilliant and technical players. Look how D.J has put his hand print on TIL and how Sorry comes across live. Chinese is a brilliant album and comes across better live. I would like to see new music dripped out rather than an overflow of one or two albums. Ifs its the traditional release of an album it will be the same old story of album sales etc at expense of the art. I love Chinese as a piece of art and its musical journey it takes you but GNR need to think of new ways to get their music out there and in different formats. I like the idea of after 5 or 6 tour cycles of singles. Future tours could offer the album for free as part of the live value added package. Touring and merchandising is the main and primary revenue maker but the album is physically given away for free as a tangible souvenir....just a thought.

Axl Rose could honestly sit home and disappear and be happy if he wanted to. He doesn't owe the fans anything, none us are "owed" music or a tour. They're doing something, so I'm glad. Do I want new music? Fuck yes I do, and I'd prefer it over a tour and I think it's stupid to do another tour without new music, unless the band is fine with being sort of a "nostalgia" band. They admit that they're just going out to play classics and have no interest in new music, it'd be disappointing but we wouldn't expect new music. Every band member besides Axl has said they want to record music, so, I mean it seems like the best thing to do is stop fucking touring and record. WE WANT MUSIC DAMN IT.

REGARDLESS, I'm sure the shows will, as always, be amazing.

I think CD still has legs live. By playing TWAT, ITW, Catcher, Prostitute, Scraped it could be another show worth seeing. Bring out a new song. I'd go if they just played the GH cd tho.

Those are all great songs too. Wish they would play them, along with new stuff and Oh My God.

ENTITLEMENT

ENTITLEMENT

ENTITLEMENT

ENTITLEMENT

ENTITLEMENT

ENTITLEMENT

Yup! That same ugly head is rearing up again,some people harbor the mistaken notion that the act of buying a ticket,an album,or some merchandise somehow magically gives them the power to know what GNR "should" do,and actually expect GNR to cater to their whims,and my don't we have an overabundance of e-experts!

Do you guys really believe the concers are filled with die hard fans hoping for a new song in the middle of the classics? If so, you are pathetic.

ENTITLEMENT

ENTITLEMENT

ENTITLEMENT

ENTITLEMENT

ENTITLEMENT

ENTITLEMENT

Do you guys really believe the concers are filled with die hard fans hoping for a new song in the middle of the classics? If so, you are pathetic.

Maynard, this forum is full of people who tell others what they can and can't post about.

And you aren't allowed to have an opinion on what you would like your favorite band to do. If you do, then you are an evil prick e-expert who is trying to dictate to the band what they have to do. You aren't just chatting about your favorite band. Because this is a FORUM, not a place to chat about your fav band.....but some feel you must just worship Axl in every post. They won't be happy until it turns into htgth2.

Edited by Groghan

You selfish egotistical e-expert Sonofab*tch with your false sense of entitlement. You don't deserve anything, just buy the cds, spend hundreds on concert tickets, support the band for decades.....but that does NOT give you the right to say you would like to hear new music. You make me sick and should be banned.

How DARE you come to a GnR forum and spread that nonsense. This isn't the place for people with different opinions to chat and discuss GnR. This is a place to worship Axl, and that is it.

Flayer, set this guy straight. How can we get him banned from the forum?

Edited by Groghan