Endless Touring

YOUCOULDBEMINE.

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tommy -

People want what they can't have. If Prostitute has been played every night the last few years instead of This I Love, everyone would be begging for This I Love.

For years, people BEGGED AND BEGGED for Estranged and Civil War. Now they're back and people still bitched the set was too similar. You're Crazy and Used to Love Her return during the club shows and people bitch the UCAP shows were too similar to the arena shows.

We don't know what the set is for the upcoming tour! The band has shown a propensity for adding stuff between legs.

The people who complain are the ones who just watch videos on youtube and don't go to the shows.

"The people that are bitching about the setlist. They got the same set list! Some fuckhead from Iowa who doesn't even go to a show. I don't care about them. I don't do one song for them, not one note, not one goddamn thing!"

Firstly if the fans care about the setlist they are more likely to be diehards that goto shows and buy merchandise your argument is invalid because the ones who don't care about the setlist will be more the casual fans.

Edited by ThinkAboutYou

bloody hell mr saint laurent sounding more and more like jarmo everyday - i think hes just asking for a new tune or something special off chinese ala prostitute crikey

I agree with most of what he is saying, and I am quiet ambivalent about it.

But can anyone really dispute the fact that the setlists have changed for each region that has been visited twice and that people who attend the shows are content?

It is true the band has added a few old song's to the setlist which is to be commended. Axl didn't have a problem previewing music before an album release in the past so would be good to hear CD 2 song's live.

Or they are former diehards who are not at peace with the idea of no longer being fans of a band they once loved, so they must find things to complain about to make themselves feel better. They must find reasons to justify why they are right and the band is wrong.

Which is just silly because if they don't like changes in the band's roster or sound, I don't see what the big deal is. No need to devote time spreading negative energy. Move on with your life.

You are very naive if you believe the majority of the people who bitch about the set after every show are the diehards that go to shows. If they were diehard fans, they would not give a fuck that the set in Mexico was similar to the set they saw the year before in Europe. They would not be grasping at straws searching for things to complain about.

IF GNR COMES TO YOUR COUNTRY AND YOU GO TO THE SHOW AND THE SET IS IDENTICAL TO THE LAST TIME THEY CAME TO YOUR COUNTRY AND YOU'RE UPSET THAT YOU BOUGHT A TICKET TO SEE THEM AGAIN AND THE SHOW WAS THE SAME, NOBODY WILL QUESTION YOU BEING UPSET.

But until that happens, complaining that some other country got a similar show to the show you got is asinine.

So now the people who complain therefore don't goto shows are former diehard's on a Guns N Roses messageboard?

You are very naive if you believe the majority of the people who bitch about the set after every show are the diehards that go to shows.

You are also very naive if you believe people are fans simply because they post on a fan site. There are tons of former fans who all these years later are still very bitter about the break-up of their favorite line-up. They are also most likely very bitter and upset about unrelated things in their life. Complaining about every move GNR makes is a way for them to vent and experience some sort of emotional release.

If you are not familiar with these types of people, feel free to check out GNFNR. It's full of them.

I know some of them are cupcakes but talking the majority here not labeling everyone together just in a neat package

If you can put aside all the politics, delays, and silence , and focus on the quality Of the show you attend, there is really nothing to complain .

The last show I went to was beyond words incredible, and all the forum bullshit went out the window by the first few chords.

Yes it's easy to get bogged down on axls timeline and forum drams but when it comes down to delivering live music , well, he fucking does.

WE ALL want a new album!!!

But I think the " demanding", and " Axl owes us" thing is blown wayyyyyyy out of proportion.

Who actually says that or feels that strong??

I don't see that on here on a regular basis. People are just giving there opinion on what they would like to see re band do, and that happens to be release tunes, prolly because of the legendary wait for the last and the number of nearly finished tracks! But no ones on suicide watch here. QUIT fucking wining over someone's opinions. Do you have nothing better to post? Bunch of fucking winey children.

When it comes down to what really matters, the music, well, it is right on point.

Edited by The Wicked Hand

Wicked....you are exactly right.

95% of the posters in here have not demanded Axl do anything.

We, as fans, have said we wish that our favorite singer would put out more music.

Being as this is a FORUM, we have also given our opinion on what we would like to see the band do. Just like we do about our favorite sports team! It isn't demanding, its called talking!!!

Funny, one of the main clowns who bashes people for demanding.....I've seen them do the exact same thing (complain about the way the director made the show) in tv and movie threads, and also in threads about other band's releases. The double standard is pathetic. It is OK for them to say a director or band should have did something different, but nobody better say it about Axl!!!!!

Edited by Groghan

So DJ has been talking about a South America tour. And apparently there's gonna be another US tour.

Am I the only one who thinks that it's just too much?

As long as they don't release something new there will be fewer people at each tour.

Of course it's cool to see them again this summer but if you want people to see you as a real and functioning band you should be releasing singles and albums every once in a while.

I say it's time for leaks!

I'm with you - sure it's nice that they're out playing but this bands tour to music release ratio is just getting to be too much.

That said, I would rather they tour and not release anything than have them do neither.

A8R

I don't think people are just complaining about the setlists. I know I am not talking just about that - I would love to see them again if they come back to São Paulo for sure.

We're talking about this:

So DJ has been talking about a South America tour. And apparently there's gonna be another US tour.

Am I the only one who thinks that it's just too much?

As long as they don't release something new there will be fewer people at each tour.

Of course it's cool to see them again this summer but if you want people to see you as a real and functioning band you should be releasing singles and albums every once in a while.

I say it's time for leaks!

I'm with you - sure it's nice that they're out playing but this bands tour to music release ratio is just getting to be too much.

That said, I would rather they tour and not release anything than have them do neither.

A8R

Not that I agree with leaks, I obviously would like to have the official release instead, but at the end of the day we'll still seing much more touring than releasing.

Voodoo -

What do you think would have been an appropriate amount of touring after the release of the record?

Seems to me it is very common for people to want a tour, but then right after the tour comes to their town they get on their soapbox and say, OK THAT'S ENOUGH TOURING, WHEN'S THE NEXT RECORD COMING OUT?

Since CD was released there was a brief Asia tour, Canada, 2 EU legs, 2 SA legs, US leg. And now they are going back to EU for a 3rd leg and rumours of another SA tour after that. Sure they are hitting some new spots each time but I really hope something is released "soon"...

how can it be an endless thread if the thread wasn't active from 02-06 and then again from 07-09. not to mention there were only 4 posts in 2001. ;)

It was still titled Endless Touring then so naturally

but only because the mods thought it would attract attention to the thread if it was titled "endless touring." if they change the name of the thread to "MYGNR 2012" it wouldn't change what the thread is. you can easily analyze the postlist to determine if it's still the endless touring thread.

Goddamnit, it's all the same, people just posting the same crap over and over again without changing their arguments.

i think if you compare 2002 to 2012, the arguments have changed quite a bit. sure, you're always going to have your standard tactics, but it seems like every few pages there is a new argument presented to mix things up.

None of them are NEW ARGUMENTS, they're just bringing back old ones everyone's heard before. The posters in this thread need to release some new arguments if they want this thread to go forward and not just be a nostalgia act.

i think if you compare 2002 to 2012, the arguments have changed quite a bit. sure, you're always going to have your standard tactics, but it seems like every few pages there is a new argument presented to mix things up.

None of them are NEW ARGUMENTS, they're just bringing back old ones everyone's heard before. The posters in this thread need to release some new arguments if they want this thread to go forward and not just be a nostalgia act.

Oh I see what you did there lol

but 95% of the people who go to the thread want to read classic debate strategies. only a very small percentage care about new arguments. this thread has been around almost 25 pages. how many threads after 25 pages are still presenting new arguments more than once every 5-10 pages?

To be honest, I'm not really sure this thread is even a thread. It seems like one of the posters is dominating it and has driven out all the other original posters. I mean, isn't the definition of a thread one in which multiple people are having a discussion with an equal role?

Voodoo -

What do you think would have been an appropriate amount of touring after the release of the record?

There's no rule for that, but we have a different situation here with the 17 years time off from the Illusions to Chinese. Axl and several other people (bandmembers or "people familiar with the matter") suggested we would have a second album soon after the first one (he even said it would be released while they were touring) and that didn't happen. So, seems like they are postponing the whatever work they still need to do with the new album for the sake of touring.

For me, I'd even be excited by a live album, a DVD, a special edition of chinese democracy, an EP of songs from the chinese sessions that aren't being considered for the next album, etc.

Greedy bastard, be happy that they wanted to tour.

Droezle -

Allow me to explain to you why your attempt at sarcasm missed the mark. I expressed what *I* would be excited by. I did not project any intentions on to others. I did not say, "If Axl cared about the fans, he would release a live album."

That is a distinction that you appear to not understand. I did not speak for anybody's feelings other than my own.

Allow me to explain:

Unusual_sarcasm_notice.jpg