Endless Touring

YOUCOULDBEMINE.

So DJ has been talking about a South America tour. And apparently there's gonna be another US tour.

Am I the only one who thinks that it's just too much?

As long as they don't release something new there will be fewer people at each tour.

Of course it's cool to see them again this summer but if you want people to see you as a real and functioning band you should be releasing singles and albums every once in a while.

I say it's time for leaks!

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who would have thought that you'd hear GN'R fans complain about the band touring too much :D. We've come a long way from the dark ages.

EDIT: And they did release a record only 3,5 years ago ;). They ARE a functioning band, more so than in a long time...

Edited by SoulMonster

Releasing an album that could easily have been released around 2000-2002.

No offense because I like most of CD, but if they released it around 2001 without adding 10 other musicians it would've been twice the album that it is now.

It would've easily sold twice as much as well.

Back then the world needed CD, in 2008 it was a joke to many people.

So it's time for something new.

Edited by UcudBmineCD

maybe just maybe we will see a new albulm. I can't see why they would tour us and south america again without one. It is however better than silence so what can you do ........... Suppose just switch off a bit so you don't get sick of things.

Edited by bionic56

There is the possibility that the band will actually try to record music during the touring, like they've done before. This is especially plausible if the band intends to continue working on old material and only need limited amounts of new recordings to start mixing, rather then write, rehearse and record new songs from scratch. If so, it might actually be that the whole process is sped up, since Axl can't be holed up in his mansion tinkering away on little details. Wow, that's a nice thought.

the group works very hard, I'm sure the album is already ready.

the band was absent for many years, some shitnewspapers even today still talk of "comeback". 3 years of touring is enough? fuckin no. The band is happy to be back, I don't see why we can complain that. and with the rock n 'roll hall of fame, GNR should take the opportunity for his advantage.

ah yes, fuck the leaks !

I think while they are touring at least they are out there, it's a real band. whereas once they get stuck in the studio for a few years on and off. someone leaves. it becomes a bit intangible. if they can roll into the studio while on tour to knock up a few songs then release them that would be cool.

I don't really see how the touring could be labeled as endless. The record released at the end of 2008. The tour for the record started at the end of 2009. The first half of the tour lasted a year and ended at the end of 2010. They took a year off and restarted the tour at the end of 2011. It appears if they add South American and US dates that the tour will end at the end of 2012.

I don't really see how two years of touring for your new album is "endless" touring. Considering the length of time spent making the album, it would stand to reason that once it was actually released that the band would want to do a proper lengthy tour.

While it may be unusual that the tour started a year after the release of the record and that there appears to have been a one year break in between the beginning and end of the tour, overall I don't see 2 solid years of touring as excessive or "endless."

They've been touring that album since 2001. That's a little bit longer than 2 years.

Anything is better than endless silence. But with that being said, it's kind of boring to keep touring if there isn't new material involved. Can you imagine the 2001 line-up touring the world up to 2006 with no Chinese Democracy material whatsoever? Milking the shit out of AFD and the Illusions? Pathetic right? Well it's kind of the same nowadays if they do NOT release new stuff. God, we're not asking for a complete album but throw in a ONE new song. :shrugs:

My two cents.

the group works very hard, I'm sure the album is already ready.

Lots of quotes from band members in late 2011 say it isn't.

I think it's a bluff. Axl has made the mistake of saying that chinese democracy was almost ready, and he had to endure many pressures fans / media for several years. All this has affected the finalization of the disc. He just wants to choose the right time.

I don't really see how the touring could be labeled as endless. The record released at the end of 2008. The tour for the record started at the end of 2009. The first half of the tour lasted a year and ended at the end of 2010. They took a year off and restarted the tour at the end of 2011. It appears if they add South American and US dates that the tour will end at the end of 2012.

I don't really see how two years of touring for your new album is "endless" touring. Considering the length of time spent making the album, it would stand to reason that once it was actually released that the band would want to do a proper lengthy tour.

While it may be unusual that the tour started a year after the release of the record and that there appears to have been a one year break in between the beginning and end of the tour, overall I don't see 2 solid years of touring as excessive or "endless."

You make a good point.

The problem is that a lot of people think that GN'R has been on the Chinese Democracy World Tour since 2002.

Another thing is that many people outside of the GN'R boards see this band as Axl's band, not as GN'R.

They still go to shows because it's Axl. But people (outside the boards) would rather see the original GN'R 5/6 times with the same setlist instead of Axl and some other guys doing the same thing 5/6 times.

So I think that a new album would gain them more interest. And a wider audience.

(I apologize for my grammar, I sometimes still struggle with it)

Them touring is better than what we had for so many years.......... SILENCE !!!!
Doesn't make it any less boring though... :sleeper:

It does for the people that are attending the concerts. :thumbsup:

But let's face it... it's not the ideal scenario. Now, if they got us a new song in these next tours, all is forgiven.

Them touring is better than what we had for so many years.......... SILENCE !!!!

I hope they come to Australia again during 2012

True that! They have to make a living and get paid. Most people with jobs would understand that.