Best up-tempo rocker from NuGuns

Towelie

48 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Voted Better. Oh My God is close tho, with Chinese Democracy and Shackler's behind it.

Edit: I'll take I.R.S over Shackler's, but the slow parts in I.R.S kinda make Shackler's a more effective up tempo rocker in comparison.

Edited by Rovim

The only newer songs I consider "up-tempo" are Oh My God and Riad. Up-tempo to me is anything over roughly 152 BPM. CD comes the closest of the remaining songs (I think it's around 138 maybe?). Shackler's is only 120. The rest are even slower.

Short answer: Oh My God.

Edited by Powerage5

Shacklers is the biggest shredder on the album, probably why some people don't like it. It is a song that certain former members can't play. Ahem.

I want a finished version of Oh My God so can get my friend to listen to Chinese, Better, Shacklers, Scraped, Riad and I.R.S. and admit to me that GN'R is bad ass. He hates old GN'R.

How can Shacklers/Better not be considered up/tempo???

There's something power-ballady about Better. Only the chorus makes it a rocker. The verses are really ballad-like. Kinda like a Metallica power ballad.

Interesting. Never really thought of it in that way before.

Still think of it as an up-tempo rocker though.

There's something power-ballady about Better. Only the chorus makes it a rocker. The verses are really ballad-like. Kinda like a Metallica power ballad.

Interesting. Never really thought of it in that way before.

Still think of it as an up-tempo rocker though.

Really? I've always compared it to a Metallica 4th-track ballad 'cause it really kinda has the same structure: Calm verse --> heavy chorus --> calm verse --> heavy chorus --> song gets a lot heavier --> goes back to chorus.

The only newer songs I consider "up-tempo" are Oh My God and Riad. Up-tempo to me is anything over roughly 152 BPM. CD comes the closest of the remaining songs (I think it's around 138 maybe?). Shackler's is only 120. The rest are even slower.

well Riad is only 130 bpm and shackler is 132 ;)

CD is 134 :P

I like Shackler the most

and better is to slow to be up tempo it's only 98 BPM

Edited by Desperado

Indeed.

I vote Shackler's from this list, otherwise I'd say Riad as far as truly being up-tempo.

Because they're not up-tempo :P

That's not to say they're lacking energy or anything, because mid-tempo rockers can be even more powerful than up-tempo rockers. But both are absolutely mid-tempo.

well Riad is only 130 bpm and shackler is 132 ;)

CD is 134 :P

I like Shackler the most

All my BPMs were estimates, I'm usually pretty spot on...can't believe I was off by 12 on Shackler's. I was thinking about 104 for Better, so that was pretty close to. Way off on Riad, but admittedly it's been quite a while since I've listened to that one :P

Has anyone measured OMG? I'd guess the verses to be around 148 maybe?

All my BPMs were estimates, I'm usually pretty spot on...can't believe I was off by 12 on Shackler's. I was thinking about 104 for Better, so that was pretty close to. Way off on Riad, but admittedly it's been quite a while since I've listened to that one :P

Has anyone measured OMG? I'd guess the verses to be around 148 maybe?

hehe okej :P I know only about the CD songs because I downloaded the isolated tracks and put them in cubase and wanted the metronome.

They took Oh My God off YouTube and I don't have a proper hard drive to store It on. I am pissed.

Download the iTunes version, dude. It's worth it. Whole other quality.

Not available on my device. I feel like it is 2001 again where finding good music impossible unless you have cash.

They took Oh My God off YouTube and I don't have a proper hard drive to store It on. I am pissed.

Download the iTunes version, dude. It's worth it. Whole other quality.

Not available on my device. I feel like it is 2001 again where finding good music impossible unless you have cash.

My brother downloaded it from iTunes, I don't think it was from the american iTunes, probably the british or argentinian iTunes.